Sign in to follow this  
Osprey98

Balze 95 is garbage

I shot a guy in the chest at point blank 2 times with the balze 95 and he didn't even bleed. then he and his buddy shot me at least 10 times with their m4's and all that happened to me was my pants got ruined and some food got damaged and I got away. my friend shot one in the back with the blaze and nothing happened. did the balze always

suck this bad? 

The Blaze double is a very niche rifle, It was only meant for sniping and general situation where you have the drop on someone else

Also it sounds like you where lagging too, Maybe that was the whole reason you are complaining.

Edited by 5mirkeh
  • Like 1

Maybe that was the whole reason you are complaining.

The main reason for the majority of complaints on this damn forum..... <_<

• Like 3

Clothes and the items in them act as armor in DayZ because reasons.

• Like 1

Really? I've gotten far, FAR more kills with the Blaze 95 rifle than with any other weapon. Will it win against an M4/AKM/SKS in CQC? Probably not, but I've gotten several kills in CQC by using it in "shotgun mode" (firing both barrels at once).

Points for the Blaze:

• Very good accuracy. According to the wiki, "the most accurate iron-sight-only firearm in the game". I agree. Bullets go where I want them, barring stupid weapon sway
  • Very good iron sights. They are very nice, probably the best in-game (The Sporter 22 is in contention, but the Blaze is subjectively more versatile), as well as being tritium-something lined so you can shoot in the dark.
  • Good range. I've gotten kills out to about 350 meters easily with the thing. It "only" zeroes to 300m, but with good placement, you can get 400m. Most of the firefights in Day Z take place within 300 meters anyways, so you are good.
  • High damage. It deals the same damage as the Mosin (makes sense, considering how they use the same ammunition)
  • Logistics. It is stupid easy to keep this rifle fed. One 20rnd box of 7.62mm gives 10 reloads, enough to kill 10 people, with 2 rounds apiece (always double tap). 60 rounds gives you all the ammo you will ever need.

The only "issue" (and it isn't a problem, just an aspect of tactics) with the Blaze 95 is the 2 round capacity. However, things like speedloaders and quick hands on the Tab key make this moot. However, it does effect your tactics. At 150m+, it isn't really an issue, as you have more than enough time to reload, even casually, as the Blaze is accurate enough to suppress a foe with ease. Up close, go "shotgun mode", and stick and move from cover to cover, and don't get surrounded/flanked/boxed in. Of course, that last bit applies to all weapons, but it is especially prominent with the Blaze.

I personally find the best distance to use the Blaze at is between 100m to 200m from the target. You can pop off a round, move to another piece of cover (confusing the enemy), pop off the other round, and reload, all before the enemy can push up on you. Remember, use the Blaze like you would a knife: stick (wound) and move, stick and move, wait for the enemy to get confused/scared/tired/low on ammo, then move in for the kill. 

• Like 3

If I could use an LR scope on the Blaze, I'd use it instead of Mosin. It's not your average spray&pray-machinegun. Deadly and accurate on long range but also suitable for CQC because of the ability to perform two follow-up shots.

• Like 1

I shot someone having a raincoat twice with the Blaze and she died.

Desync and lag definitely, Everyone I've shot in the last few days has gone down or died outright with chest shots.

There's no way either of you could have survived taking that many bullets. It was a bug or desync.

I shot a guy in the chest at point blank 2 times with the balze 95 and he didn't even bleed. then he and his buddy shot me at least 10 times with their m4's and all that happened to me was my pants got ruined and some food got damaged and I got away. my friend shot one in the back with the blaze and nothing happened. did the balze always

suck this bad? 

Blaze will sometimes oneshot people, often twoshot them, and if it doesnt out right kill them it has a better than reasonable chance to break their leg. Even if you shoot them in the chest.

It's astounding how you were able to count out the amount of bullets that they hit you with from a fully automatic assault rifle. I wish I had such mathematical presence of mind. 

Gear absorbs damage.

Weapons sway.

Lag Happens.

The Early Alpha struggle is real

:|

• Like 1

I feel fairly confident in saying that the blaze can deal out more damage, at range, in .5 seconds, than any other weapon in the game. 2 7.62x51 rounds in the chest at 50 meters is much deadlier than a 2 round burst from any automatic rifle in the game currently.

However, it's damage output compared to those automatic rifles after one second drops off dramatically. As someone stated earlier, it is important to stick and move when using this rifle to avoid being outgunned and over powered by higher capacity rifles.

An interesting little rifle that should never be underestimated when in the hands of a practiced marksman.

• Like 1

The gun play in this game needs some serious fixing and attention. This stuff happens way too often

What if I told you this is an Alpha, and that thats low on the list of priority's and co-existent with server/client optimization that they are in the middle of?

What if I told you this is an Alpha, and that thats low on the list of priority's and co-existent with server/client optimization that they are in the middle of?

What if I told you that that was my opinion and that to me it really brings the game down.

• Like 1

Don't blame the Blaze 95, blame the 7.62x51mm bullets. The guns aren't the ones doing the damage.

What if I told you that that was my opinion and that to me it really brings the game down.

Its not a game. Its an alpha test, check back in a year or two if you want a game.

Ah ok, you're one of those. Carry on.

Ya my English comprehension is pretty good and I have a background in animation/production.