Sign in to follow this  
puffu

Players kill me every single time

Is it just me or is this a general issue of the game as of now?

Every single player I meet up with ends up killing me one way or another, wether they're alone or in group doesn't seem to matter in my cases.

This is not because everyone I've met is a bandit, in fact I havent run into a "real" bandit yet who actually "kills on sight" or seem to have bad intentions, everyone is just super scared of everyone.

It includes me but I still can't bring myself to kill anyone, unless I know for sure they're actual bandits since all I want is a co-operative DayZ gaming session.

From my experience these players are even getting too scared to respond in chat to "Friendly!" when I announce it, they prefer to keep silent and hidden completely, most likely they've had a meeting with a trickster before that says friendly just before shooting them.

My last death for example, a guy with just a makarov ran into my hideout and I managed to help him without presenting myself as a target until I killed the massive horde of zombies that were after him, then before actually presenting myself visually I talked to him saying friendly, even telling him there are plenty of weapons and supplies in here if he needs it.

After that I slowly approach him and with good intentions, as I had stated to him clearly.

I thought I had befriended him but in fact he was only hesitating for 2 minutes as I "met up" with him, then as I turned my back he shot me.

He had barely nothing, I offered supplies and teamwork but he was still too scared to work with someone who protected him and offered weapons/food/ammo/tools etc.

Hasn't this just gone TOO far?

You trusted a complete stranger and are surprised that you died. You set yourself up to fail.

Some people are far too timid/conspiring little shits but I think most people are pretty fair. It's all about how much of a threat you pose. Say you and I turn a corner and meet face to face, if you have a gun I'll probably shoot you. If I turn the corner and your back is turned I'll just leg it or maybe engage in conversation/robbery over direct voice chat.

You never know about the times a survivor had the drop on you but let you live.

keep away from people, most people playing now after recent game changing updates are complete WANKERS and basically its shoot every other person on sight regardless..

maybe find a team via the forums or use the public vent/ts that alot of servers have..

good luck

@puffu Just find some close friends or people you can trust which you were friends on Steam before. You are bound to have a good time and you can always trust them to cover you're backs. Do not trust the world and people of DayZ unless they trust you.

My group may take you depending on how you handle yourself when faced with a challenge. We don't have a chain of command but we expect you to do something when we tell you. I need to talk with my friends to see if they say it's okay, and if we do then we'll give you a challenge to see if you can overcome. It wouldn't be impossible maybe something like raid Elektro/Cherno and bring back as much loot as you can, or something like that.

Anyway, good luck out there soldier. Survival is your responsibility.

I've actually done quite well in regards to finding friendlies.

I was unarmed and heading to the fire station to stock up. As i got to the top of the ladder to check out the roof before I go on up I see someone up there with a shotgun. I tell him i'm friendly and he replies in kind, so I ask if I can go come up to scavenge and he agrees. We both made our way into the fire station for some more loot, while we are still chatting another unarmed survivor walks in and declares himself friendly. So now there is three of us and we decide to head out together.

We played for a few hours together roaming the countryside and generally having fun. There are still plenty of survivors willing to help people out. I highly recommend using the mic if you have one to declare yourself friendly, as this has worked the majority of times for me.

Just the other day was a fun one. I found a bike and decided to go for a ride, no destination in mind just a cruise. Anyhoo, I ran into a survivor being mobbed by about 30 zombies, so I pull up next to him and tell him to get on the back. He gets on and we get away from the horde together. He has broken bones and is severely dehydrated so I take him into town to get some supplies. Unfortunately we weren't quick enough and he perished but he thanked me for my help. It's these encounters that make the game so fun for me. From all the times i've been shot on site or get tricked to actually finding survivors who want to hang out, it's just brilliant. I wouldn't change a thing!

I try not to kill unarmed players, but I have killed one or two from being surprised (next time, don't sneak up right behind us in the middle of the woods).

But if I see a player with a gun, there is a possibility he is friendly. 2 friends with guns, nope.

There's two primary issues.

A: The worst punishment the game ever meters out to players is character death, the biggest gain the game rewards a player is another players corpse. Loot drops in structures and what not in DayZ are anemic at best, the Loot that playerY, who has been scouring the map and has visited 10-20 drop spots already is WAY WAY more worth it than anything you will find at one spot. The only thing you risk by pursuing the highest avenue of benefit to yourself, is the chance of dying. Especially in the early game this is negligible. The only players that are really seeing a huge downside here is the players who choose to not go after the big payoff of someone else's murder. There's no longterm punishment for murder.

B: Murder is glorified by the public faces of the community. This is HIGHLY intensified by the loot drop problem. Streamers and video makers don't want to spend 4 hours timidly scouring farms for moderately useful survival items. It makes for boring gameplay, and even more boring video. Consequently, if I'm a new player jumping into this game 90% chance that my biggest motivation for joining, the person who effectively taught me how to play, was basically stating to the world "look how cool it is to murder other players! It's so fun!". They aren't punished for it, so why on earth wouldn't they do it that way?

Basically. By the fundamental design and slowpaced nature of this game, it's become a murder simulator, as opposed to a real survival game. Disappointing.

• Like 2

This is a deathmatch game where you additionally pickup items and have some zombies for distraction. There is no co-op with strangers, unless both of you just spawned and neither of you has a means of killing each other.

The game description implies something different, and infact it was different. The changes that were made are the result of griefers complaining about how it was "unrealistic" that they were being visually labelled as bandits. Removing bandit skins was supposed to make player interactions more realistic, but it archieved exactly the opposite, removing any diversity from it.

The game is still lots of fun and collecting loot is addicting, but its not nearly as interesting and promising in terms of player-interaction as it used to be. People simply treat each other as enemies, and do not need to guess anymore what the other players intentions might be and figure out an appropriate way to deal with them.

I would like to play a zombie to kill all humans in game coz mankind dosent deserve to survive !

"In human beings, the emptiness and monotony of the isolated self produces a need for society. This brings people together, but their many offensive qualities and intolerable faults drive them apart again."

1) Trust no one.

2) Live by the golden rule.

(Do unto others as you would have them do unto you)

You'll meet friendlies, there are good people out there.

Seriously, that game has turned into a PVP death match. I've died to other players more then I've every died to zombies. We're talk about ration of like 15-20 to 1 when you compare my death to player vs zombies.

Normally I try to avoid other players and only shoot if shot at but only once in the past two weeks have I meet a player that didn't shoot at me on sight. At this point I'm going to have to start shooting on sight as well to guarantee my own survival.

Zombie really are not a threat as long as your not doing stupid thing like run though town, fire your "dinner bell" aka primary weapon, etc. Players are the real issue anymore, zombie only become a issue when you really need to fire your primary to fight another player.

TRUST NO ONE .

EVER

ONLY YOUR RL FRIENDS :)

Every single player I meet up with ends up killing me one way or another' date=' wether they're alone or in group doesn't seem to matter in my cases.

[/quote']

My experience is to the contrary. A majority of the people I meet are either very socialble and friendly or they run away and hide.

Out of dozens player to player encounters i've had recently I'd say that maybe a third or a fourth of them resulted in a conflict.

today I kind of had a good guy greg moment, I was with a friend of mine, we found a helo crash site and spotted a player looting it, instead of popping a bullet in his head with my sniper rifle I decided to shoot close to him to scare him off, after he ran away we slowly approached the Huey Wreck too loot it and then bailed the area. I usually don't kill when I feel threatened but that depends. If a survivor for instance enters the room I'm in without me knowing, so to speak, he's surprising me, I'll most likely open fire instantly if he has his weapon drawn. Cooperative teamplayers are hard to find, just yesterday I found a sniper in cherno with broken legs, I offered him to get Morphine from the Hospital and did, he rewarded me with some canned food and an epi-pen.

Faith in humanity restored. Not everyone's a dickhead, but that's almost only the case if they NEED someone else to do smth. for them.

Bad luck.

I have been playing since dayz came out and the first 8 or 9 people I met actually where very helpful and nice. But the next 4 I met killed me.

Its honestly been back and forth since the game has been out for me but... the last month I noticed there is def more bandits. This actually makes me feel more scared and nervous as I play so thats somewhat a good thing.

I am definatly more aggressive now these days then I was before as I have seen alot of crazy things now.

I suggest to either shoot first or try to get more friends to play with, playing with 2-3 people that you trust is honestly the best combination with going stealthy on your own.

Anyways, good luck and stick with it! Sometimes I go weeks without doing well or seeing anyone and then some nights I end up seeing TONS haha. One thing I like about this game is there is so many experiences.

This one time me and a friend helped two groups of survivors when the game first came out. There was 10 of us after saving them all and sure enough ONE of them shoots me in the back after I had helped save him and all the others. That kind of changed the way I react in the game. Now I will ask once or twice if they are a survivor, if they dont answer or pull out there gun adn start looking around then I will shoot them, been on the wrong end to many times so now I am a bit more agressive.

Anyways, we have a good little group together I game with sometimes, all are very friendly and mature, msg me if you want to play sometime.

I am about even to be honest though overall for my Deaths between Zombies, Humans and glitches/my fault. Just sometimes it goes in cycles... one month Ill get killed alot by players, the next month ill have a great experience with other players.

Talk in voice chat... That way, it seems more like real life, If I don't hear a response back "In voice", I shoot to kill on sight and I hang out with a posse so my friends can back me up when needed.

play with people you know or play alone. there is no other choice unfortunately.

Yup.

Oh look, this thread again

yeah, there should be a forum just for these. heck, my 1st post was this too.

op: you need to reset your expectations of this game.

oh, and yes, every single time i have died so far ingame (except 1 suicide) it has been to another player.

The gamemode of this game is "Free For All Deathmatch Unless You Know the Guy". You basically kill everyone who's not in your group.

The game itself doesn't give any reason to cooperate and doesn't give any reason not to kill people.