Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Im really loving the new ghillie camo..

It's such a shame too.

The gameplay benefits would be amazing.

Helmets and masks provide ballistic protection yet no negatives that's crappy.

Imagine having to weight having restricted vision vs increased ballistic protection, increased camo, gas protection.

maxresdefault.jpg

For the love of god, gas masks don't work like that!

I don't know why you shouldn't be able to wear a bag with the suit. Sounds like artificial balancing for me. If they want to, they want to. They just get a bigger profile when sniping.

I just want my scrim helmets and I'll be a happy boy.

I don't know why you shouldn't be able to wear a bag with the suit.

Because the suit is too small for this and would not work well with a backpack. Its just as "artificial balancing" as not being able to wear five T-Shirts or two backpacks at once. Maybe once the weight/stamina system is in place and your gear impairs movement, stealth and inventory access.

Before this allowing things without having proper downsides is also a case of "artificial balancing" as is being able to look behind you while wearing a bulky jacket/backpack in third person. People like to cry "realism!" if some break from reality results in a disadvantage but also cry "its a game!" when a break from reality gives them an unrealistic advantage.

So yes - allow Ghillies over your backpack. But also add animations for putting the Ghillie on and off your character, make it impossible or very hard to access yor backpack when wearing a Ghillie, add increased wear and material cost to your Ghillie when worn with a backpack, allow others to grab the Ghillie in melee range and make it possible for the Ghillie to get caught in bushes etc.

Edited by Evil Minion

You all do realize how much time you're wasting discussing this, right?

^_^

• Like 2

For the love of god, gas masks don't work like that!

Yea.They do.

Just put on an Israeli one and they do obscure vision

• Like 1

You all do realize how much time you're wasting discussing this, right?

^_^

Cutting right through the bullshit with that comment. I agree. I just want to know how to make it. Post #25. Thanks Irish.

• Like 1

Because the suit is too small for this and would not work well with a backpack. Its just as "artificial balancing" as not being able to wear five T-Shirts or two backpacks at once. Maybe once the weight/stamina system is in place and your gear impairs movement, stealth and inventory access.

Before this allowing things without having proper downsides is also a case of "artificial balancing" as is being able to look behind you while wearing a bulky jacket/backpack in third person. People like to cry "realism!" if some break from reality results in a disadvantage but also cry "its a game!" when a break from reality gives them an unrealistic advantage.

So yes - allow Ghillies over your backpack. But also add animations for putting the Ghillie on and off your character, make it impossible or very hard to access yor backpack when wearing a Ghillie, add increased wear and material cost to your Ghillie when worn with a backpack, allow others to grab the Ghillie in melee range and make it possible for the Ghillie to get caught in bushes etc.

I don't think you'd be putting the ghillie * over * the bag, I think the bag would have to go on like a regular bag, over the camo. I suppose I wasn't clear with that.

So give me penalties to movement and overheating: make me decide on my own that I don't want a bag. But don't tell me I can't do it.

Just skimming through this thread: You guys, sometimes it almost seems like some are "game scientists" or so.

It should give this, it should be that. Well, from a realistic standpoint yadda yadda, but I see the basic things covered here.

It's somewhat hard to get / rare, at least the more you want. It will give the proper heat values I'm certain (if not now then later). It still does not make you invincible, you could lose it any moment by almost any reason still.

I agree to this up to a point. Though there are some situations that call for breaks from reality because of the overall format. Hunger, thirst etc. are good examples - in reality they affect you 24/7 if you are active or not. In DayZ they only affect a few hours of gameplay per week. So the give them appropiate impact they have to be sped up. Its less realistic but more authentic.

This is always a hard point when desiging any game or a mod that deals with a persistent world.

Eg. what would be a 'realistic' impact for the person who just comes on for a few hours ever couple days would be a majorly over-bearing for the person who logs 5+ hours daily.

since we all have to exist outside of dayZ, if we were to make survival aspects like exhaustion, hunger, etc scale 1:1 with real-world values as you said it would be a total non-issue. I really

would tho like to see them take more of a dayZ 2017 style approach where pre-packaged food is super rare. infact i'd like pretty much everythign to be much rarer. more of a 'several years after' scenario where all the 'good stuff' has long since been picked over. foraging in the wild and crafting improvised implements should be the defacto. id honestly like to get to a point where finding a single functional firearm and a hand full of bullets in 5-10 hours of gameplay is 'doing good'. i suppose the downside tho is someone who doesnt log a lot of hours regularly could find this quite dull.

you see issues like this alot more in MMO design especially; how to find a balance between something being engaging for the 'average' players while not being obnoxious or too simple for the hardcore players who log major hours daily.

Nice. Thanks for the info. I thought boats only had shoes, raincoats and hats.. :)

cool. i did not even know boats spawned stuff...