CJ_14

Help please

- First of all, what's the matter with those little blue pumps? the ones we used to collect water from? I cannot get any from them

- Second of all. It seems imposiblle to craft a full map, I got 4 parts, mixed 2 (everything fine, it was SE) then I tried to add a third part and it wouldn't let me, but it let me to mix the other 2 together (NW) and then I cannot combine both halves :(

- I've been for two days up north, trying to hunt me some food and build a camp. I already got my tent, my fireplace. Got ammo and tools, but I'm running low on the canned food I brought. Are there ANY animals currently in-game?

• Like 1

1. Pumps for water - are currently not working. They got busted with .50 release. Try to find a pond or gather rain water in a bottle/canteen.

Dunno about crafting maps...  :( I've never tried in 800 hours+!

There are - elk, cows, chickens, boars, rabbits... but you have to know where to find them. Most big fields have elk somewhere. You can also try fishing?

• Like 1

1. Pumps for water - are currently not working. They got busted with .50 release. Try to find a pond or gather rain water in a bottle/canteen.
  2. Dunno about crafting maps...  :( I've never tried in 800 hours+!
  3. There are - elk, cows, chickens, boars, rabbits... but you have to know where to find them. Most big fields have elk somewhere. You can also try fishing?

For a second, I thought #3 said "fisting". 

"well, that is certainly a different way of finding food"!

• Like 1

- First of all, what's the matter with those little blue pumps? the ones we used to collect water from? I cannot get any from them

- Second of all. It seems imposiblle to craft a full map, I got 4 parts, mixed 2 (everything fine, it was SE) then I tried to add a third part and it wouldn't let me, but it let me to mix the other 2 together (NW) and then I cannot combine both halves :(

- I've been for two days up north, trying to hunt me some food and build a camp. I already got my tent, my fireplace. Got ammo and tools, but I'm running low on the canned food I brought. Are there ANY animals currently in-game?

Up north, like the northern part of the map right? Theres not that many animals up there infact I have never seen any up there. The SW and SE parts of the map there all over the place....but you can find animals just about anywhere on the map....just not way up north. I have traveled through the northren most forests to get to on end to the other. The only thing there is up there is the new militarys base, and a whole lot of trees and confusing roads. Not a bad place to hide a tent. So I would advice trying further south. TV tower and devils castle theres normally a few animals running around. 

The pumps don't work on stable, you gotta find a pond. I would carry more then one water container.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

You need to combine the maps into like segments.  IE North West and South West to make a West map, or North West and North East to make a North map.  Then you combine either an East and West map or a North and South map to make one large map.  And yes you can fish, you need to make a fishing pole, add a hook and dig for worms for bait.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, it really helped me a lot :D

• Like 1

For a second, I thought #3 said "fisting". 

"well, that is certainly a different way of finding food"!

I think we inadvertantly just created another headache of a topic we can now beg the devs for above and beyond cannibalism and pooping! This game needs it!

• Like 1

Unless they changed it in 0.50, animals could be found like in the middle belt of the map, on the level of Msta, Gvozdno, Zeleno. Msta in particular never failed me to provide all kinds of game. If you camp up North, I think the closest I found deer is just south of Severograd. Happy hunting! Of course, although fishing is a bit more tedious due to the tools, it's also the most surefire way to get meat.

Unless they changed it in 0.50, animals could be found like in the middle belt of the map, on the level of Msta, Gvozdno, Zeleno. Msta in particular never failed me to provide all kinds of game. If you camp up North, I think the closest I found deer is just south of Severograd. Happy hunting! Of course, although fishing is a bit more tedious due to the tools, it's also the most surefire way to get meat.

Msta always has a goat for me. ALWAYS.

Animals seems to tend mid map. A little west of Pustoshka   I saw 6 cows, sometimes 8, sometimes 4.

Up north however, not that much. North of grand highway, I know only 1 spot, its in the middle of nowhere, border of forest and field, very far from anything, very up north.

Sometimes its elk in the field, sometimes boar in forest, never both, sometimes nothing at all, been already harvested or whatnot, dunno.

Saved me bunch of times, indeed, while exploring.

As of farming tomatoes, there are few good spots up north, at small villages, you need at least shovel/hoe and seeds, however.

As of farming tomatoes, there are few good spots up north, at small villages, you need at least shovel/hoe and seeds, however.

I pass, hate farming...I just steal some from the guys harvesting them