janusz.pietraczuk@gmail.com

Restoring Faith Project

Dear Community,

I'm a friendly player. I've never killed another player for his gear or for plain fun. Only in self defence. Since the very beginning of this alpha, people keep saying that if you want to stay alive, you should KOS - because everyone else does. I'll do my best to restore your faith in kindness and solidarity.

The rules:

- give help to both new spawns and geared people, whenever they need it

- protect the underdogs

- don't kill any innocents

The preparations:

- find UN beret or helmet

- gather medical supplies, food, water, tools and guns

- make notes, which will include the information about this project and a link to this forum thread

The experiment:

- all players that will receive my help, will be handed an in-game note, which will ask them to visit this topic

I'll keep you guys posted with updates on my little project.

Wish me luck!

-- The Outcome --

Total encounters: 7

Total friendly encounters: 6/7

Total hostile encounters 1/7

Total friendly players met: 9

Total hostile players met: 1

Bandits killed: 1

Total leaflets given: 5

Deaths: 1

Day 1 - atre88

- 3 encounters total (2x single survivor, 1x two survivor group)

- 3/3 encounters friendly

- 2 leaflets given

Day 2 - atre88

- 3 encounters total (2x single survivor, 1x three survivor group)

- 3 leaflets given

Day 3 - atre88 + Veniathan

- 1 encounter total

- 0/1 encounters friendly

- 1/1 encounters hostile

- 1/1 bandits killed

- 0 leaflets given

- Death

Day 4 - in progress

Edited by atre88
  • Like 8

Going by the geopolitics of the 20th century the message I get is that the Polish are far too trusting and it's backfired every time.

• Like 2

I'm a friendly player. I've never killed another player for his gear or for plain fun. Only in self defence. Since the very beginning of this alpha, people keep saying that if you want to stay alive, you should KOS - because everyone esle does. I'll do my best to restore your faith in kindness and solidarity.

Watch the first video in my signature. This is what happens when you are trying to help freshspawns. :D

Edited by Zyryanoff
  • Like 1

This is something I do almost everyday. I even risk my life to do it.

I'm not going to get a UN helmet or beret though, oh well maybe the beret, but not the helmet.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 2

....  if you want to stay alive, you should KOS - because everyone esle does.

Wish me luck!

Not everyone. Definitely not everyone. Because I don't, I am a Hero.

Anywho,  ;)              good luck, and you are welcome to any Base Camp, or Sanctuary Outpost.

@atre88,

I advice you to take someone with you who can revenge if you'll be killed. Karma-mate. :rolleyes:

Not everyone. Definitely not everyone. Because I don't, I am a Hero.

Today I was killed (one shot) on exp branch (Dayz DE 0-1) when I stopped to drop backpack with supplies for another survivors. :D  In my opinion it is stupid to KoS on exp because anyway your char will be wiped.

I KoS only snipers on aeros.

Edited by Zyryanoff

Well, at the moment I'm a lone-wolf, so I travel without backup :).

Today I had 3 player encounters, all of them friendly.

1) I've rescued a fresh player from zombie attack in Cernaya Polana. Bandaged his wounds, gave him some saline to heal his wounds, and supplied him with additional bandages and food + drinks

2) I've met a fresh player in Berezino. We hailed eachother, but he didn't need any help. He bumped into me in Berezino clinic with his axe out and my weapon sheathed, but didn't attack me.

3) I've met a lovely couple in Berezino. I gave them some shotgun ammo, supplied them with a pump-action shotgun. We took some selfies and even high fived! Before we said goodbye, they offered me some morphine to help me on my mission.

I hope all who got my leaflets will visit this topic :).

2kn7r9.jpg

wiv8xw.jpg

• Like 2

I'm a friendly player. I've never killed another player for his gear or for plain fun. Only in self defence. Since the very beginning of this alpha, people keep saying that if you want to stay alive, you should KOS - because everyone esle does. I'll do my best to restore your faith in kindness and solidarity.

IMHO Kill on Sight is sometimes a code name for killed unaware and most people PvP because its (a) more exciting, you don't get an adrenaline rush by planting tomatoes ( B ) currently there isn't a lot todo beside that.

So while your project is admirable its biggest value is in giving you something todo, and entertainment. Its not the first time people here and declared new goal\projects for their gameplay ...

Edited by Mor
  • Like 1

IMHO Kill on Sight is sometimes a code name for killed unaware and most people PvP because its (a) more exciting, you don't get an adrenaline rush by planting tomatoes ( B ) currently there isn't a lot todo beside that.

So while your project is admirable its value in your in giving you something todo, and entertainment value. Its not the first time people here and declared new goal\projects for their gameplay ...

Mor, of course you are right. When I want pure PVP, I go and play Battlefield. This project is going to be a challange and - obviously - is much more difficult than random KOSing :). I guess these three encounters gave me even more adrenaline than any firefight I've been into in DayZ. Why? Because you never know if the guy or gal u're trying to help is going to shoot you as soon as you holster your gun to show some goodwill.

Really, if you guys get bored - dedicate yourself to helping others. It's exciting, challengening and making people smile :).

Edited by atre88

Today I was killed (one shot) on exp branch (Dayz DE 0-1) when I stopped to drop backpack with supplies for another survivors. :D  In my opinion it is stupid to KoS on exp because anyway your char will be wiped.

I KoS only snipers on aeros.

Well, shit happens, don't let it discourage you.

And yes, I am Ded Pahom, yes, that legend Ded Pahom, with traktor at night watch.    B)

Dear Community,

The rules:

- give help to both new spawns and geared people, whenever they need it

- protect the underdogs

- don't kill any innocents

The preparations:

- find UN beret or helmet

- gather medical supplies, food, water, tools and guns

- make notes, which will include the information about this project and a link to this forum thread

The experiment:

- all players that will receive my help, will be handed an in-game note, which will ask them to visit this topic

I'll keep you guys posted with updates on my little project.

Wish me luck!

-- The Outcome -

Day 1

- 3 encounters total

- 2 leaflets given

I admire your attempt to push the game in a direction that it should be going. At one time I packed around extra shit t help people   I gave assistance to a new spawn without incident and got attacked for my kindness twice (had to kill my attackers) and was killed once. 1 success, 3 failures. After I got killed playing Mother Teresa I was all about avoiding contact and blasting those that get too close all the way. For chance meetings with an armed player at close range I shoot first and ask questions later these days. It only takes a second to end up back on the beach for your kindness.       

• Like 1

I remember once, when me and a friend met two friendlies in Berezino. After a short exchange of words, we departed westwards. The last thing they said was: ''Wow! There actually are friendlies in Berezino?''

I feel really sad when I think about that. A lot of people want to do something else than shoot strangers, but fear being backstabbed. My advice is to be friendly but cautious to strangers. It helps you live longer, too, especially when you're crappy at aiming like me :)

Really though, I would rather be shot ten times by backstabbers than shoot someone that had good intentions out of fear that they didn't..

• Like 1

So while your project is admirable its biggest value is in giving you something todo, and entertainment. Its not the first time people here and declared new goal\projects for their gameplay ...

Well I got an adrenaline rush planting tomatoes today, it,s a long process (the preparing the soil part) and greenhouses are sometimes pretty exposed. Then a player came and I got scared he would kill me while I was busy planting so... I took him by surprise and killed him with a sledgehammer... Nobody is gonna have MY tomatoes....

To be part of the subject i'd say it depends on how I feel when I start a character, If I feel hero then I play Hero to the end and trust people, if I feel bandit then I kill on sight and take hostages and if I feel hermit I hunt and fish to survive and avoid town except for getting the needed tools. All in all I think it takes every kind of player to make this game fun because if everybody was friendly it would be soooooo boring. But I really like your Project and character idea atre88!

Good Idea mate , this will really show some people that are losing faith in the friendly aspect of this game ...

I meet friendlies all the time so the dream is alive for me , I can usually tell when someone's trying to hide something or is planning something conniving so unless I get that vibe I talk to anyone in hopes they are friendly . Moving around at all times if out in the open and telling the other person to back off or you'll shoot if they are getting too close .. It's all about communication but sometimes people just wanna kill so you gotta stay frosty and quick in case they don't wanna communicate :) !

Keep it going atre maybe I'll cross your path one day and we may help each other lol .

• Like 1

Alternatively, you could don a UN beret or helmet and do absolutely nothing at all and say you're roleplaying.

• Like 2

Thanks for your support guys!

I've met another survivor. She ran into me in Cernaya Polana, screaming for help. I shot to zombie that was chasing her, bandaged her wounds, injected saline and gave a leaflet. She didn't need any supplies, so we both went our ways after a short talk.

That's my fourth player encounter since the project's start, again friendly and without any problems.

Here's a pic:

2z80pab.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice joob man! Keep it up, I try to do the same but I get extremely paranoid once I'm geared up.....no KOS but I tend to stay away from most other players

What server do you play on?

Its cool little player made movements like this that give this game an extra layer of depth. I really would like to see some more groups like this in the future and perhaps support for things like this in game. Perhaps like being able to tack notes on walls with tape with your message to recruit others.

Guys! You are free to copy the message I've posted on the first page, and help people just like me and tell them to visit this topic :).

I'm not bound to any specific server. I rarely play the same server twice.

Here's another update on my quest:

- I've witnessed a murder in Cernaya Polana. I couldn't catch the killer, I guess he hopped into one of the residential buildings and logged out. Here's a picture of the poor guy. When I got to his body, he was already dead :(.

2he8rqr.jpg

Then I've met another survivor in between Olsha and Svetlojarsk. We greeted eachother and I handed him my leaflet. He was freaked out, but after a while we had a nice conversation. He went his way and didn't wanted any help.

oh30co.jpg

Then I've noticed a campfire on the roof of a TEC building in Svetlojarsk. I've scouted it and located three players on the rooftop, one obvious bambi. They were armed, but in some basic weapons. After a while, I've decided to visit them to see if they need any help - maybe their campfire signal was an SOS?

The guys freaked out, but lowered their weapons when I told them I'm friendly and I won't kill them. They were in need of food, water and medicine. I gave them some canned food, a water canteen, bandages and painkillers. And a leaflet, of course. When I was going to leave them, they told me to stop and... asked me for directions to Berezino Mill. I've shown them the way and High Fived one of them. Before I went my way, I warned them to get off the rooftop, because they are an easy target for any sniper. Here's some pics:

sx0fom.jpg

14sk31s.jpg

Edited by atre88
  • Like 1

Today I haven't met a single player yet. So while travelling, I've prepared some survivor packs. Each contains 3 cans of tuna (which is openable without any tools), a bandage, a can of drink and a leaflet.

Here's how it looks:

2j0doab.png

• Like 1