Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

DayZ 2015 roadmap

I hate stuff like this, because it bring the uber c*nts out of the woodwork. "Ooohhh, they didn't follow the last roadmap exactly! Whos to say the won't delay everything and steal our money like the moneygrabbing shiteaters they are?".

Seriously, when is H1Z1 releasing? I want them gone. Go to reddit or something, like seriously, fuck off.

I can always count on you to make funny, yet true comments. xD But, sometimes Reddit can be useful for stuff. :3

Or voice concerns now in an attempt to stop them putting in something crap they've invested too much time into to take out.

True enough, but I think soft-skills could be great if only for hunting, etc. and other stuff.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

Or voice concerns now in an attempt to stop them putting in something crap they've invested too much time into to take out.

It's coming, people screamed for skills and it's coming.  I'm pretty sure the term "soft" means it's not going to show stats and numbers but I assure you the botters will be running aorund all over improving skills....

It's coming, people screamed for skills and it's coming.  I'm pretty sure the term "soft" means it's not going to show stats and numbers but I assure you the botters will be running around all over improving skills....

Reminds me of TERA botters. :o Hopefully it's not THAT type of skills.

Reminds me of TERA botters. :o Hopefully it's not THAT type of skills.

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by "soft"  You won't get a message saying, congratulations, you've gained +5 in axe swinging, it just happens.

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by "soft"  You won't get a message saying, congratulations, you've gained +5 in axe swinging, it just happens.

*Shrugs* Well, I will wait till they clarify this, but Hicks wants to keep it hidden. xD

True enough, but I think soft-skills could be great if only for hunting, etc. and other stuff.

Yeah I'm certainly not against them. It would be cool to be able to run faster for longer if I run everywhere vs a guy who drives everywhere, say, and does no exercise. What I'd abhor is "You have reached level 5 fishing skill" - this would be a disaster in DayZ.

The soft skills need to be unnoticable, like in the background (edit) and have nothing to do with combat or any other thing related - but I suppose "soft" means that, that they aren't major skills.

Once they go down that route though it could open a huge can of worms. All of the other things go with the mod and the game already - this one could be the most damaging which is why we need full disclosure on what they mean.

Edited by Jexter

Yeah I'm certainly not against them. It would be cool to be able to run faster for longer if I run everywhere vs a guy who drives everywhere, say, and does no exercise. What I'd abhor is "You have reached level 5 fishing skill" - this would be a disaster in DayZ.

The soft skills need to be unnoticable, like in the background (edit) and have nothing to do with combat or any other thing related - but I suppose "soft" means that, that they aren't major skills.

Once they go down that route though it could open a huge can of worms. All of the other things go with the mod and the game already - this one could be the most damaging which is why we need full disclosure on what they mean.

*Nods* I agree. Unnoticeable changes would be great for soft-skills, and also I really despise how the DayZ mod devolved after 2012....so I would prefer they go a different route. :x

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

*Nods* I agree. Unnoticeable changes would be great for soft-skills, and also I really despise how the DayZ mod evolved after 2012....so I would prefer they go a different route. :x

You mean "devolved"?

Is it bad that I look at that list, and the only things I'm reasonably certain will happen are a new UI, player stats, and a price hike.

mostly like everything but i feel a little bit concerned about the soft skill system.  can't wait to read what "soft skills" really means.

Ya, we're all speculating right now.  

Just give me a Harley or something similar so I can rp Daryl, and yeah... more clothes diversity ^-^

Probably stupid question but we, who already own an alpha version, won't have to cash in anymore for beta/official release, right?

Edited by Miracool

Just give me a Harley or something similar so I can rp Daryl, and yeah... more clothes diversity ^-^

Probably stupid question but we, who already own an alpha version, won't have to cash in anymore for beta/official release, right?

Once bought, it's yours all the way through.

Nice!

Animal life cycle and group behaviour sounds cool. Kinda hope those systems apply to zeds aswell.

New renderer in Q1 aswell......WIN!

• Like 1

You mean "devolved"?

Yes. Thank you for telling about that! xD

I'm kinda sad that base building comes out so late. Now that we are getting to the vehicles, it would be a match made in heaven being able to build your own "home".

This thread went on a diet it looks like..  :P

Ive heard the new Boneboys Extreme Workout is really the way to go. ;) 

(Boneboys had to do some editing in here.. )

• Like 1

as a player its been very slow. i think the team honestly under estimated the project.

obiously theyll say they didnt but look at what the mod does and whats in it and look at the SA .do you think that in the current form it shows a years worth of work progress ?

one vehicle, numerous hats ? thats all.

mods like breaking point have more in and are free and achieved pretty much the same on no budget.

so not overly impressed. i think it will get done but at no great speed and by the time it is done others will probably have done what the team is trying to achieve during the same period of time.

zombies arnt better look any better moving either.

before mods jump n my post i paid for my game i am just hnestly speaking on how i feel. i love dayz but the progression if you can call it that has been way too slow .each build that goes up you think has this team got millions extra for this over the mod. which is still the better game.

For me, issues which are important are things like fixing the quick select buttons, they just simply refuse to work most of the time. Other than that, server and client performance needs working on. What about things like multicore support and x64 builds?

For me, issues which are important are things like fixing the quick select buttons, they just simply refuse to work most of the time.

That's an issue related to the player controller and server performance. The first get's written from scratch ( as many other engine modules ) and is currently on their internal builds, but it still needs some work. The latter is something they try to improve all the time, since they need server performance themselves to implement new features, so yes, this is being adressed right now, just needs some more time. Client side performance is a bit more down the road, I would say close to or during beta.

For me, issues which are important are things like fixing the quick select buttons, they just simply refuse to work most of the time. Other than that, server and client performance needs working on. What about things like multicore support and x64 builds?

There is already server Multi-core and x64 bit support. 

as a player its been very slow. i think the team honestly under estimated the project.

obiously theyll say they didnt but look at what the mod does and whats in it and look at the SA .do you think that in the current form it shows a years worth of work progress ?

one vehicle, numerous hats ? thats all.

mods like breaking point have more in and are free and achieved pretty much the same on no budget.

so not overly impressed. i think it will get done but at no great speed and by the time it is done others will probably have done what the team is trying to achieve during the same period of time.

zombies arnt better look any better moving either.

before mods jump n my post i paid for my game i am just hnestly speaking on how i feel. i love dayz but the progression if you can call it that has been way too slow .each build that goes up you think has this team got millions extra for this over the mod. which is still the better game.

Ummm, why are you comparing mods to a game being made from scratch? Mods are WAY easier to make because everything is practically done for you except for items and new little stuff YOU make. DayZ Standalone while using old placeholder items NOW, has been slowly but surely remaking them from the bottom to the top. *sigh*

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 2

There is already server Multi-core and x64 bit support. 

Ummm, why are you comparing mods to a game being made from scratch? Mods are WAY easier to make because everything is practically done for you except for items and new little stuff YOU make. DayZ Standalone while using old placeholder items NOW, has been slowly but surely remaking them from the bottom. *sigh*

Shh Shh,  sleep now my little anime friend.