Sign in to follow this  
Whyherro123

Favorite town

NOTE: I made this post because the "Favorite location on map" is over 2 months old, and I didn't want to necro.

I have made the habit of "living" in Dolina recently. It is small, but has pretty decent loot (Police Station and Arch-house), a well (when they were working), a pond down the road, apple orchards everywhere, and good hunting up by Pavlovo. '

However, I really like it because, if it wasn't for the Cyrillic lettering everywhere, Dolina and the surrounding river valley (which is what the landform is, pity there isn't a river there.....) looks like someone copy-pasted it from a tourist map of New Hampshire. The area is VERY pretty, and reminds me of home kind-of.

foliage-nh2.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

I can just picture myself building a cabin and growing some good old Yankee corn and potatoes on a hill overlooking Dolina. Anybody else have a favorite town?

EDIT: Holy shitbisquits, that second picture is HUGE. My bad.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 5

Well I have 3 fav parts of the map. Just NW down the road form sinistok, the road goes from paved to dirt. At the end of the dirt road there is a house. I alway go past there when in transit and stop. I don't no why I just like that area. Just to the south there is a forest really cool forest. I also like the forests in the SE part of the map. Its also in a nice central location of were all the action takes place. There animals, and plenty of water sources there. 

Cherno and the settlements around it is my fav city. Novo a think is a really close second.

Polona is a great little town. It does have really good basic loot spawns and a water source. I passed through there and always would stop.

Edited by CJFlint

Svetlojarsk is cool. Good loot spawns, in a decently sized city. Food is easy to find, and clothes, and a backpack. If you spawn in Svet, you're lucky.

Svetlojarsk is cool. Good loot spawns, in a decently sized city. Food is easy to find, and clothes, and a backpack. If you spawn in Svet, you're lucky.

Svetlo is probably my favorite city right now.  The layout is done really well, lots of good area's along the docks to setup ambushes and for just straight up pvp.

• Like 1

Stary Sobor. For one, I love the name :P And secondly, I just have a lot of memories there (From the Mod and the Standalone), so the place seems like a virtual hometown for me. Sadly I rarely get around there these days due to my pals' requests to go to different areas, but one day I shall return cx

There are maybe 5 small towns near places I like to frequent which are always empty, rarely have zeds, and are great pit stops to either get started again if I'm a bambi or fill up on food and stuff if I'm on a high pop server where all the typical places have been picked clean. I'm not going to name these towns as they're my favorites and I don't want to help make them popular.  :D

Zelenogorsk. Has nearly everything I need and the woods in almost any direction are a great place to camp for the night.

• Like 1

Definitely Zelenogorsk. Though my HQ/meetup point is Windy Mountain.

• Like 1

With the addition of the new mil base, sevorograd is my new favorite. Sevorograd has a new feel to it with the canal going through the center of town, and the hillside leading to the military base has lots of sniping potential. In addition, the new mil base is an ambushes dream with several ruined buildings and plenty of vegetation for springing traps.

Zelenogorsk is my ingame hometown. The main goal for every character i start is to go there. But i kinda fell in love with the Turovo / Berezhki area recently. If you're playing a survivor, thats a really nice place in Chernarus. Can't wait for the day that i finally catch a sunrise over the ocean at the beach of Berezhki and then go home to Turovo, that lovely little village around a pond.

• Like 1

beans on an interesting post. i'd say my favorite town on the map is vybor. there is plenty of overflow traffic from the NWAF and the western military base. also, a police station and a generic office building next door to each other make it a good spot to apprehend unsuspecting victims trying to loot weapons. also severograd has a nice centralized location and a lot of open space to take pot shots with the mosin.

Gvozdno.  It's a sleepy town that people only pass through.  My "home" has been there since the mod days.  Thankfully, my house is still there, and now has some really stunning views of Severograd valley instead of just forests.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

I liked Severograd, but its too big for me. My new favorite town is Novaya Potrovka. Its not too big but has everything: police station, piano house, clinic, supermarket and petrol station in neighbouring Topolniki, industrial area, lots of storages. Church on small hill with stairvel that leeds to it looks awesome.