Sign in to follow this  
Maia (DayZ)

Gorka Helmet uses?

What functionality does the Gorka E Military Helmet actually have? Does it prevent melee knockouts like a motorbike/construction helmet? Does it have the same balistic properties as the balistic helmets? Is it a mix and if so, is it a perfect mix or partial mix of the two? Is it just one or the other or neither?

I couldn't really find any reliable data on this thing and I am wondering if this is the new helmet to get or simply a new varient of something already in.

According to the wiki it can take 3 handgun rounds before being useless or 1 rifle round with a knockout. While the ballistic helmet can take 2 M4 Rounds and i'd guess more hits from smaller caliber rounds.

From what I heard which may not be true is that is prevents knockouts. From my experience I haven't been knocked out while wearing it, but a shot from a mosin from sniper hill killed me at healthy status so Idk..

Stats

Ballistic helmet- 90 bleed, 1.5 ballistic

Gorka helmet with visor-95 bleed,.85 ballistic

I think they both prevent knockout but aren't sure.

Gorka is worse

Edited by Fuerii

Gorka does not provide any knock out protection. 4-5 hits are enough.

Gorka helmet absorbs one M4 bullet and one AK bullet even from close range but will ruin the helmet. Also you will become unconscious.

At some cases Gorka does not absorb anything at all.

Edited by Yazar8

There was an interesting set of tests with helmets against a Mosin at close range, 100, 200, 300, and 400m. Only the ballistic helmet survived the round, and only at 300m+. AFAIK the gorka is effective against light melee hits to the head. (I.e. fists) It may offer some protection from smaller rounds, but other than that it's just aesthetics if you like that Juggernaught/ Sontaran look. :)

I have heard that Motorhelmet is best against melee-knockout/Shock

I have heard that Motorhelmet is best against melee-knockout/Shock

Yeah I have always kept a motorbike helmet with me to prevent melee-knockouts. It's pretty much indestructible to fists and zombies.

Yeah I have always kept a motorbike helmet with me to prevent melee-knockouts. It's pretty much indestructible to fists and zombies.

I wore no moto-helmet, and a Zombie hit me 1x.

And I insta-died from this.

Since then, I always try to wear a moto-helmet xDD

Better to be safe.