yazar8

What will your policy against cannibals be like?

What will your policy be against cannibals?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What will your policy be against cannibals?

• Treat them as anyother survivor.
    • Shoot on sight. (I don't KoS at usual circumstances)
    • Shoot on sight. (I always KoS)
    • Avoid them.
    • I am a cannibal myself.

Once cannibalism hits stable, how will you treat cannibals?

Note: The cannibals, who will be affected from a brain disease, will laugh unintentionally. This is a confirmed and already implemented feature.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 2

If it has gear shoot it. if it doesn't appear to be geared up, avoid making contact and alerting anyone to our presence.

Cannibals aren't and will not be identifiable at sight. So, having a policy for them is pretty moot...unless they expose themselves offering you some roasted human meat. Personally, I don't trust unknow players: so I consider potentially hostile any new encounter.

If someone acts aggressively o suspiciously and/or if he has something my character need I'm going to kill him...regardless of his food habits.

• Like 1

Cannibals aren't and will not be identifiable at sight. So, having a policy for them is pretty moot...unless they expose themselves offering you some roasted human meat. Personally, I don't trust unknow players: so I consider potentially hostile any new encounter.

If someone acts aggressively o suspiciously and/or if he has something my character need I'm going to kill him...regardless of his food habits.

This, unless they add some way to be able to tell, sunken eyes, a twitch or whatever, we can't tell.  It's the same as those who say they go bandit hunting.  How do you know they are a bandit?

• Like 1

Well there is a way to detect some cannibals. Those with brain disease will start laughing or crying hysterically out of the blue.

Good cannibals who honor their dead by eating their mortal remains getting enlightenment in the process will receive the honor of getting devoured upon their death as well.

Bad cannibals who kill others for their meat and spoil it to avoid enlightenment will be put out of their misery if evidence exists.

how will you treat cannibals?

A little garlic, a little salt, a little rosemary. Then into a hot oven.

• Like 4

Cannibals aren't and will not be identifiable at sight. So, having a policy for them is pretty moot...unless they expose themselves offering you some roasted human meat. Personally, I don't trust unknow players: so I consider potentially hostile any new encounter.If someone acts aggressively o suspiciously and/or if he has something my character need I'm going to kill him...regardless of his food habits.

They are, updated my first post so people know about it.

• Like 2

That is only for those who ate raw human meat though, which gives a 25% chance of getting the disease.

Edited by Sacha

I'm not really sure what I'd do, but if I somehow found out he was a cannibal, I'd have a really bad distrust of him at first.

3rd option. I'm a KOSer, I'm the bane of the game, I ruin the game for everyone and it makes me happy, especially when people in forums cry about that. Muahahaha

Note: The cannibals, who will be affected from a brain disease, will laugh unintentionally. This is a confirmed and already implemented feature.

Source? Can't find any ATM. I have yet to read an official (or semi-official a la Reddit) comment about "Kuru" being renamed "BrainDisease", and someone linking it to cannibalism. Lots of internet talk, but I can't find any official source for now. Do you have a link?

Edited by DocWolf

I generally distrust anyone i havent dealt with already or in situations where i dont have a clear tactical advantage over who ever it is im talking to. On the other hand and to play my own devils advocate  i'm known to do a fair bit of trading when i can or just giving things away to folks in need and end up putying my self in akward situations far too frequently. Peoples dietary habits arent really a concern to me as long as the , "101 Reciepes for Yano" book isnt on the table when i arrive :D

Source? Can't find any ATM. I have yet to read an official (or semi-official a la Reddit) comment about "Kuru" being renamed "BrainDisease", and someone linking it to cannibalism. Lots of internet talk, but I can't find any official source for now. Do you have a link?

Woops, I was wrong. You laugh or cry.

Sorry for not providing source at the first time.

Edited by Yazar8

Oh wow....im suddenly imagining a large group of players, all cannibals, moving through a town in the dead of night. The chourus of laughter and crying sending a chill down your spine, echoing from different directions as they check the towns loot spots. And people say dayz is lacking horror....pfff :)

• Like 3

Relevancy in polls 101:

Your poll questions cannot have suggestive choices of words.

Your poll suggests the respondant be "against" canablism, even though your offer them an response which is not.

In the future, use a polling question with carefully chosen neutral wording.

• Like 2

I have never killed on sight (even bandit skins in the mod) but I would kos cannibals. It's in the spirit of the game to do so for me.

Medium rare...with some finely diced pork, veal or beef.  Wild game can be used to enhance the taste.  Since wine is not available, I will strongly recommend a PIPSI at room temperature of course. Some Zucchini with baked tomatoes could be in order to keep the balance.

Eat fresh.

Bon Apetit!

I only eat women and children... They are the "veal" of human.

I only eat women and children... They are the "veal" of human.

As the saying goes, "Women and children first!!"

• Like 1

i plan to start farming freshspawns and trading their meat to cannibals in return for "favours"