DayzSoldier

Is It Possible?

I know that everyone ( maybe not ) are waiting for the cars and etc to be released but is it possible to add a tank too?

ArmA

this !

DayZ mod turn the original war simulator game Arma II into a zombie survival game.

turning DayZ into a war simulator game is basically going back to arma, with a few annoying zombies and food scavenging.

• Like 1

I would only support this if tanks were extremely rare. As in, hardly any chance of finding one at any given time.

Anything is possible. Whether directionally it's a good choice for the game and if they actually decide to add it, well, that's a different topic.

Theres no doubt this will be modded into the game. The engine is more then capable of handeling any kind of vehicle basicly.

But like many others have said, if you want a tank, why not just play DayZ mod? Or Arma?

One of the big points of standalone is to get away from the military side and focus on survival, so we can do the things that was never possible in Arma :)

I do remember DayZ 2017 mod, had a tank with non functional weapons. Basicly like driving around in a fortress, but it was no real threat, because people still had to get out to do damage to you.

Well, it was more like an APC, but still hehe. Armoured vehicle for sure.

Edited by Byrgesen

I know that everyone ( maybe not ) are waiting for the cars and etc to be released but is it possible to add a tank too?

Yes.

Only as part of a Killstreak perk though.  :| 

• Like 1

Yes.

Only as part of a Killstreak perk though.  :| 

I'll go with a radar drone, oh wait, I can 3pp for that

• Like 2

I don't like the idea of tanks, and dislike the idea more if there is no way to defend yourself from them; tank traps, IEDs, trenches, etc.

I'm not even sure I like the idea of there being that many vehicles, although I realise how useful they are.

Any updates on the bikes, yet?

I don't like the idea of tanks, and dislike the idea more if there is no way to defend yourself from them; tank traps, IEDs, trenches, etc.

I'm not even sure I like the idea of there being that many vehicles, although I realise how useful they are.

Any updates on the bikes, yet?

Bikes?If it gets released soon,ill be able to be a true " Ghost " =)

From all the chat you'd have thought that bikes were going to be release long before vehicles. However with each release vehicles have come closer and the mention of bikes has dissipated. 

I'd say a big maybe to a BRDM armored car, but no tanks and no cannon-armed APCs like BMPs. MG turret at most and not before satchel charges are back in game to use as IEDs to take it out.

brdm02l.jpgMaybe

t72-m11.jpgHell no.

Edited by jukaga
  • Like 1

What purpose would a tank serve in a survival game? Do you know how to operate a tank? Do you know how to maintain it? How much fuel they use? (The current iteration of the US Abrams burns 20 gallons to the mile.)

In my opinion, it is bad enough that there is a possibility that we can maintain and operate helicopters, even nonmilitarized and unarmed ones. You can learn how to fix a car, or a truck, but a helicopter, full of expensive and technical avionics? HAH.

No. Go play ARMA.

What purpose would a tank serve in a survival game? Do you know how to operate a tank? Do you know how to maintain it? How much fuel they use? (The current iteration of the US Abrams burns 20 gallons to the mile.)

In case tanks were to be added (they are not needed but I think they might fit if done in the right way) they should come with all of their natural disadvantages. Which means a tank in DayZ would less be a "battlemachine of your enemies doom" and more a "big piece of metal you need to work a full year to get going, needs a full crew to operate, goes for two kilometers before running out of fuel and can approximately fire three times before it gets destroyed".

Everything beyond the very basic vehicles should be a logistical nightmare to get and maintain - scale it up and we can even fit a tank into the survival gameplay (more as a possibility than anything else).

The problem is we're talking Russian tanks here. You could park a T-55 wet, leave it for 20 years in a bunker and it'll start up again. (after grinding about a pound of metal off their gears)

The Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine got a T-34 that had been sitting exposed for 70 years on a monument working with little effort. :D

Edited by jukaga

Yes save that for arma.

Really hoping vehicles are really limited in standalone with far less vehicles in the map compared to the mod

• Like 1

I just want bikes back, keep your noisy trucks. Stealthin' across the map is more my style.

that might be your style, but it's a multiplayer game and different people have different play styles.

I too like being quiet and discrete. But having vehicles, including noisy motorized ones, will start to open up the list of ways to find/interact with other players.

Finding the parts, fixing, manually refueling vehicles...makes teamwork more beneficial.

Vehicles getting hidden in the forests, offers reason for others to explore the full map (instead of running between cities with W key held down by a paperweight).

Setting up ambushes on vehicles.

Tracking vehicles on foot after hearing one in the distance.

Hearing people approach in a vehicle whilst looting somewhere quiet, wondering how many people are in it, do I hide/run/try to take it out or steal it?

Thinking twice about running in open areas (e.g. plains near Putoshka/Vybor), since vehicles can chase you down if caught in the open.

Im not up for tanks....maybe some random wrecks with working MG's but not fully movable ones. The vanilla mod did have an RPG7 in the loot tables it was just insanely rare, so maybe that hints that they would consider something mildly armoured going in eventually :)