Sign in to follow this  
Evil Minion

Firearms Ranking

True the Blaze is very good in the hands of a player who actually hits their shots. But thats making assumptions - if you are not a Marksman you only have two shots and the Sporter will still be effective on headshot. The Sporter 22 has some qualities that make it slightly more desirable in my (relatively broad) ranking: low noise, abundant ammo, quite some magazine capacity and somewhat better handlung (which increases your chances of hitting your target).

The Magpul stock is overrated - with the latest dispersion chances the differences aren't all that noticable as they only really matter past 400m. On the other side for only slightly worse accuracy the CQB stock gives you a huge boost in Dexterity making the weapon much better in non-"sniping" situations.

Most encounters in DayZ start out between 200-400 meters, assuming you aren't running around or camping buildings in Elektro/Cherno.

CQB is nearly useless in my eyes. I can't think of a single time I've said "Wow I would have killed that guy if only I could have turned faster", but there have been plenty of instances where I've said "Wow, if the shots actually hit where I am aiming my crosshair I would have killed that guy."

The sporter has limited range and it requires a magazine to be useful AT ALL.

The blaze requires no magazine, is easy to find, and does more damage up front than most (if not all) weapons in the game. Not to mention it has probably about 300 meters more effective range than the sporter.

Mosin ammo is also abundant...

If you and I come across one another and you start firing at me with a Sporter, and I start firing at you with a Blaze, assuming our first shots hit center mass... who wins?

I do.

Look, if you PREFER the sporter, that's your choice.. I'm not going to convince you that YOU don't like the sporter.. But that's just YOUR opinion. It's not based on facts, it's based on preference and that is dependent upon your play-style. To me you sound like someone who generally PVP's in cities. I don't. 

Your argument that the sporter is still effective on a headshot is based on an assumption - That you have found a magazine capable of carrying 30 rounds and that you can actually score a headshot before you're unconscious/dead.

1 hit from a Blaze and  you're unconscious/dead. All I have to do is point and click at center mass. 

Edited by Etherimp

Look, if you PREFER the sporter, that's your choice.. I'm not going to convince you that YOU don't like the sporter.. But that's just YOUR opinion. It's not based on facts, it's based on preference and that is dependent upon your play-style. To me you sound like someone who generally PVP's in cities. I don't.

Its rather the other way around here - for you the Blaze is better than the Sporter 22 because of your playstyle. You only compare the properties important to you ignoring the rest. For the Magpul its mostly placebo - the increased accuracy is not that significant and nothing justifies ranking a marginally lower disperson over massively increased Dexterity. At 200-400m range the difference between those stocks is not very high - its far more important to have the right optics here.

And thats why I did not only include the final score but also the values its based upon. Take a look at the details and if you think I did something wrong there tell me. Because the results are purely a consequence of the scoring and if the final score is warped its mostly because of the weight put on the single aspects.

Right now:

Score = Damage + Dexterity + SQRT(InventorySpace * (AudibleRange + PerceivedNoise)/2) + SQRT(AmmoRarity * MagazineRarity) + SQRT(MaximumCapacity * RateOfFire) + SQRT(Dispersion * Optics)

If anything the red part might need some improvement. Because thats where most of the criticism comes from.

Its rather the other way around here - for you the Blaze is better than the Sporter 22 because of your playstyle. You only compare the properties important to you ignoring the rest. For the Magpul its mostly placebo - the increased accuracy is not that significant and nothing justifies ranking a marginally lower disperson over massively increased Dexterity. At 200-400m range the difference between those stocks is not very high - its far more important to have the right optics here.

And thats why I did not only include the final score but also the values its based upon. Take a look at the details and if you think I did something wrong there tell me. Because the results are purely a consequence of the scoring and if the final score is warped its mostly because of the weight put on the single aspects.

Right now:

Score = Damage + Dexterity + SQRT(InventorySpace * (AudibleRange + PerceivedNoise)/2) + SQRT(AmmoRarity * MagazineRarity) + SQRT(MaximumCapacity * RateOfFire) + SQRT(Dispersion * Optics)

If anything the red part might need some improvement. Because thats where most of the criticism comes from.

I'll be honest and say that I haven't read the entire original post, but I think there may be some factors in your ranking that aren't really that important or are more important than you're giving them credit for..

For example... Why does audible range of a weapon impact the rank? If you're in a gun fight with someone, they're going to hear your weapon no matter what you're using (unless you're firing a mosin from >400 meters and headshot them... then they die before they hear the boom.)... The sound engine in this game is currently really screwy. I can stand right next to someone and sometimes I won't hear them shoot ANY weapon. Other times you can hear people shooting any weapon from across a valley/town/airfield.

Magazine rarity is a big deal when it comes to starter weapons.. The SKS, Blaze, Repeater, Shotguns, and Mosin have huge advantages for me over the Sporter, CZ, and various pistols simply for the fact that you only need Gun + Ammo.. Ofc at higher levels (M4/AK), they all need mags. But I'm not going to carry a useless Sporter across the map looking for a mag while I pass by useful SKS's and Blaze's. However, I might do that for an AK or M4 because they are definitely superior.

As to the dexterity vs dispersion.. I'm not up to date on the dispersion changes of the M4, so I'm basing my opinions on when the dispersion of the M4 was horrible.. But just as a thought experiment

Dexterity only affects you at extremely close ranges.

Dispersion only affects you (according to you), at longer ranges.

In my experience, most encounters that I get into start between 200-400 meters, sometimes more.. If I can pick off a target RELIABLY at 400 meters, then the dexterity of my weapon is a non-issue. Thus, I put accuracy as a higher priority than dexterity.

Futhermore, Sawed off Shotguns, Pistols, and SMG's can all be fit in your inventory and all of them have high dexterity values.. 

I have nearly 1000 hours experience in SA, and I have probably a dozen kills with the Blase95, and maybe 2-3 with the Sporter. And I have no "bias" against any weapon, really. If I pick it up and have ammo for it I'll use it.

If you're in a gun fight with someone

Thats not the premise. Nor is the premise "the best weapon for 200-400m engagements". Audible range is in because it draws attention to you be it zombies or other survivors. Even though the sound system is messed up you cannot rely on your weapon being silenced by a bug.

Then Dexterity helps in every situation where you have to aim around not only close quarters combat (though it has most impact here) but also switching targets or responding to an attack for further away. Higher Dexterity means you can get your sights on target faster. Dispersion on the other side is only one of the factor that determine your weapons effective range. Its not worth that much without the right optics. For example the Derringer is more accurate than the SKS. Whats the effective range of those weapons?

Back to the M4 this means your Magpul stock does not give you an actual advantage unless combined with an ACOG scope against a target more than 400 meters away. The CQB stock allows for quicker reactions which is especially important in close quarters and can also be combined with an ACOG scope for long range shots - just as effective at ranges up to 400 meters and still good enough beyond that. Sure Magpul parts have their uses but in comparison they are rather niche.

It's 4.30 MOA with CQB stock, OEM handguard and 3.95 MOA with Magpul stock, OEM handguard. So CQB is 50 cm circle at 400 m, Magpul is 46 cm circle. Draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Gews

Thats not the premise. Nor is the premise "the best weapon for 200-400m engagements". Audible range is in because it draws attention to you be it zombies or other survivors. Even though the sound system is messed up you cannot rely on your weapon being silenced by a bug.

Then Dexterity helps in every situation where you have to aim around not only close quarters combat (though it has most impact here) but also switching targets or responding to an attack for further away. Higher Dexterity means you can get your sights on target faster. Dispersion on the other side is only one of the factor that determine your weapons effective range. Its not worth that much without the right optics. For example the Derringer is more accurate than the SKS. Whats the effective range of those weapons?

Back to the M4 this means your Magpul stock does not give you an actual advantage unless combined with an ACOG scope against a target more than 400 meters away. The CQB stock allows for quicker reactions which is especially important in close quarters and can also be combined with an ACOG scope for long range shots - just as effective at ranges up to 400 meters and still good enough beyond that. Sure Magpul parts have their uses but in comparison they are rather niche.

No. Dexterity does not effect every situation where you have to aim around. Only situations where you have to turn your character around quickly while aiming. IE - close range.

Dexterity does not increase your mouse speed, it just limits how quickly you can turn while aiming. As long as you move your cross hair within the limits of your dexterity then it doesn't affect you at all.

Furthermore, all weapons are heard by zombies at the same range - even the amphibia. 100 meters. Im pretty sure any player audible range is only perceived at this point as you can hear sporters from hundreds of meters away.

Lastly - I can use the m4 with iron sights just fine up to 400 meters. No acog necessary.

As I said - some of your logic is flawed in your initial assessment. No offense. Just giving feedback.

Edited by Etherimp

Huh? "Under specific conditions X has no effect while Y is important and thats why you should not use X to increase the ranking. Also my personal playstyle features weapon A over weapon B and thats how they should be ranked."

Dexterity determines the speed your weapon is following your mouse movement. Because of that its higher Dexterity => faster aiming. Doesn't have much impact when fighting a single target at a longer distance in front of you that can not use cover to move some distance without you having vision on it. Its not about being able to do something without but about it giving you an edge.

Now I did figure Noise having a little too much impact in certain situations because I used the same formula as for Rarity, Range and Output (where it makes sense). However it does not really make sense for Inventory Size and Noise to scale each other so I changed it to the mean value instead. Now the question remains of how to weight the categories.

No. That's not what dexterity does. It doesn't impact your mouse speed. It caps your turning speed while aiming. I don't know a better way to explain this so you'll either have to trust me or test it or look up material that I'm too busy and lazy to provide currently.

IMO - damage, rate of fire, magazine capacity, reload speed and effective range/moa should be most heavily weighted.

Edited by Etherimp

sks is #1 for me then repeater. After that I don't care.

• Like 1

Hmm. Seriously after a lot of testing and playing, the AK101 is overall better than the M4. It as less recoil, slightly better projectile velocity and the PSO scope with integrated range finder is still better than the ACOG. I really like the M4, but the AK101, while using the same ammo, has higher "stats" and overall performs a little better than the M4. Having a 60 round mag doesn't do much for the M4 when players don't know how to aim for 2 cents...

The data we read on wikis and such don't mean nothing, as after testing all the weapons in real situations and comparing them in-hand, personal experience contradicts the data, as it's flawed in many ways. I'll believe what I already know is true, instead of what I'm told.

In the end, it doesn't matter at all. Take the weapon you like, as I've killed players armed with AKM and M4 using an 1911...

• Like 1

It as less recoil, slightly better projectile velocity and the PSO scope with integrated range finder is still better than the ACOG.

Does it? Honestly I did not find any usable data on recoil so I simply left it out. I cannot say whether the M4 or the AK101 has better recoil - though the AK101 should have eventually. Projectile velocity is another "should have" but nothing indicates its the case right now. It seems to depend solely on the round used. I actually thought its the same with recoil but it seems indeed depend on the weapon.

PSO-1 scope is better than the ACOG and the ranking does reflect that. But otherwise the M4s stats are (slightly) superior. Comparing weapons in-hand is flawed as you will collect wrong impressions and placebos that may result in myths that are simply not true. You are basically doing statistics on very little data instead of just using the exact values. That being said its unavoidable in some cases (Noise, Recoil, Optics, Rarity etc.) but I would rather use hard facts wherever possible.

What I am planning to do:

• abandon the five star system in favor of a more accurate scale
  • re-weight the categories (1.5 : 1 : 1 : 1.5 : 2 : 2 looks promising)
  • include Shortbow, Crossbow and AUG
  • collect further data on categories

No. No. and No..

M4 is good, yes.. but don't put the CQB on it.. Magpul all the way.

You over-rate the sporter and under-rate the Blaze and other weapons. 

Blaze > Sporter in the hands of a player who actually hits their shots.

Wouldn't the Sporter be superior in the hands of someone who consistently hits their shots, since it's a lower-damage weaponwith a higher capacity?

Also the utility of the Sporter is much better than what the Blaze can do... I mean, yeah, two quick successive accurate and powerful shots is a really good feature, but the rifle's length and dexterity make it pretty poor in CQB (not to mention the IZH-43/Sawed-off IZH-43 is superior for the same role, being essentially a blaze with shotgun shells gameplay-wise) while the medium/long-ranged capability is outclassed by the Mosin and the quick but decently powerful rounds are no faster than the SKS or any AR, most of which will still kill in 2 well-placed shots.

Not that the Blaze is a bad weapon, it's just that besides a few small niche areas there are other guns that will perform better and be useful more often. I will admit that the Blaze used to be a domiantor before there were multiple ARs and the M4A1 sucked and the majority used either the SKS or Mosin or Blaze, but now it's a decent gun that is outclassed simply because there are enough alternative options available.

Hell, even the CR527 isn't a bad gun on paper; it's accurate, the dexterity is decent, it has a low profile, the 7.62x39 is nothing to be trifled with, and recoil isn't a problem. The thing is; it has a small capacity, in fact it has the smallest capacity of any weapon that needs a magazine, and it needs a magazine with 5 rounds being the only option (unlike the Mosin or SKS which can still be full without clips, though they take longer to load.), and pretty much any advantages it has are outdone by other weapons. It may be accurate, but so is the Mosin that also has attachments available and uses a more powerful round, it's a low profile weapon with decent dexterity, but it isn't quiet and is a slow bolt-action rifle, so it's not good for CQB (and no better than ARs, SMGs, shotguns, pistols, or other guns like the SKS), it uses the 7.62x39mm round, but those are rare and only spawn in military areas save for the CR527 mag itself, which I may add is also quite rare, and it has manageable recoil, but so do other guns. It's basically just pointless to even try and use at this point. Granted, later on ARs, SMGs, and other military-grade weapons will be a lot harder to find and better civilian weapons like the SKS and Mosin will be comparatively rarer as well, (and spawns will be corrected so that civilian-available ammo calibers and magazines spawn in the correct places) so you might see an increase in usage. It's just not practical right now.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the Sporter be superior in the hands of someone who consistently hits their shots, since it's a lower-damage weaponwith a higher capacity?

Also the utility of the Sporter is much better than what the Blaze can do... I mean, yeah, two quick successive accurate and powerful shots is a really good feature, but the rifle's length and dexterity make it pretty poor in CQB (not to mention the IZH-43/Sawed-off IZH-43 is superior for the same role, being essentially a blaze with shotgun shells gameplay-wise) while the medium/long-ranged capability is outclassed by the Mosin and the quick but decently powerful rounds are no faster than the SKS or any AR, most of which will still kill in 2 well-placed shots.

Not that the Blaze is a bad weapon, it's just that besides a few small niche areas there are other guns that will perform better and be useful more often. I will admit that the Blaze used to be a domiantor before there were multiple ARs and the M4A1 sucked and the majority used either the SKS or Mosin or Blaze, but now it's a decent gun that is outclassed simply because there are enough alternative options available.

Hell, even the CR527 isn't a bad gun on paper; it's accurate, the dexterity is decent, it has a low profile, the 7.62x39 is nothing to be trifled with, and recoil isn't a problem. The thing is; it has a small capacity, in fact it has the smallest capacity of any weapon that needs a magazine, and it needs a magazine with 5 rounds being the only option (unlike the Mosin or SKS which can still be full without clips, though they take longer to load.), and pretty much any advantages it has are outdone by other weapons. It may be accurate, but so is the Mosin that also has attachments available and uses a more powerful round, it's a low profile weapon with decent dexterity, but it isn't quiet and is a slow bolt-action rifle, so it's not good for CQB (and no better than ARs, SMGs, shotguns, pistols, or other guns like the SKS), it uses the 7.62x39mm round, but those are rare and only spawn in military areas save for the CR527 mag itself, which I may add is also quite rare, and it has manageable recoil, but so do other guns. It's basically just pointless to even try and use at this point. Granted, later on ARs, SMGs, and other military-grade weapons will be a lot harder to find and better civilian weapons like the SKS and Mosin will be comparatively rarer as well, (and spawns will be corrected so that civilian-available ammo calibers and magazines spawn in the correct places) so you might see an increase in usage. It's just not practical right now.

Blaze > Sporter at >50 meters.

The sporter needs a mag, Blaze doesn't. Therefor, I will always pick up a blaze before a sporter and I won't drop my blaze to pick up a sporter and even if I had a mag for a sporter and came across the blaze, I would probably take both rather than drop my Blaze. I'd use Blaze for opening shots then switch to sporter if they attempt to close in range or if I missed and they're already within 50m.

Blaze kills or knocks unconscious with 1 shot on center mass... Sporter you need to hit a headshot or spray relentlessly until they die. Center mass is a much easier target than someones head.

Shotguns are limited to approximately <50 meters... much like the Sporter. Don't get me wrong, I love the shotguns, but outside of 50 meters, they're almost worthless. Inside of 50 meters, they're amazing. Probably your best bet for close quarters. (As it should be).

The CZ is shit. It's outperformed by the SKS is every way.

SKS is just as if not more abundant. The ammo is the same. SKS carries more rounds, doesn't require a magazine, has faster ROF, similar range, capable of mounting a PU Scope which improves its effective range, and the "dexterity" (for what it's worth), is just fine.

Dexterity only really matters within 10 meters or so. Anything beyond that and dexterity isn't even a factor. If you need a weapon to handle freshies running circles around you, carry a sawed off shotty or a pistol.

Mosin has it's place as an effective medium to long range bolt action rifle. SKS is jack of all trades, master of none.. Pretty much a well rounded weapon. A "workhorse". It CAN do everything but isn't superior to all other weapons in any specific way.

M4 is superior to other Assault rifles due to its versatility more than anything else.. 2x Red dots, ACOG, 2 different Iron sights, great ROF, decent range, good accuracy if outfitted properly with magpul parts. The only area in which it lacks is damage and availability.

I've got kills with the Sporter and I enjoy using it, because it's fun.. But it really isn't "superior" to the Blaze.. You could argue that in your OPINION you LIKE it better, and that's fine.. That's what makes the 2 weapons balanced.. They both have advantages and draw backs. I just feel the sporters draw backs aren't worth it. 

Blaze > Sporter at >50 meters.

The sporter needs a mag, Blaze doesn't. Therefor, I will always pick up a blaze before a sporter and I won't drop my blaze to pick up a sporter and even if I had a mag for a sporter and came across the blaze, I would probably take both rather than drop my Blaze. I'd use Blaze for opening shots then switch to sporter if they attempt to close in range or if I missed and they're already within 50m.

Blaze kills or knocks unconscious with 1 shot on center mass... Sporter you need to hit a headshot or spray relentlessly until they die. Center mass is a much easier target than someones head.

Shotguns are limited to approximately <50 meters... much like the Sporter. Don't get me wrong, I love the shotguns, but outside of 50 meters, they're almost worthless. Inside of 50 meters, they're amazing. Probably your best bet for close quarters. (As it should be).

The CZ is shit. It's outperformed by the SKS is every way.

SKS is just as if not more abundant. The ammo is the same. SKS carries more rounds, doesn't require a magazine, has faster ROF, similar range, capable of mounting a PU Scope which improves its effective range, and the "dexterity" (for what it's worth), is just fine.

Dexterity only really matters within 10 meters or so. Anything beyond that and dexterity isn't even a factor. If you need a weapon to handle freshies running circles around you, carry a sawed off shotty or a pistol.

Mosin has it's place as an effective medium to long range bolt action rifle. SKS is jack of all trades, master of none.. Pretty much a well rounded weapon. A "workhorse". It CAN do everything but isn't superior to all other weapons in any specific way.

M4 is superior to other Assault rifles due to its versatility more than anything else.. 2x Red dots, ACOG, 2 different Iron sights, great ROF, decent range, good accuracy if outfitted properly with magpul parts. The only area in which it lacks is damage and availability.

I've got kills with the Sporter and I enjoy using it, because it's fun.. But it really isn't "superior" to the Blaze.. You could argue that in your OPINION you LIKE it better, and that's fine.. That's what makes the 2 weapons balanced.. They both have advantages and draw backs. I just feel the sporters draw backs aren't worth it. 

Every weapon has its place... no weapon is completely useless. Even the P1 can be useful... there's just literally no reason to use it over anything else, because it has no niche. The CR527 still has the most minute specialized uses.

The M4A1 is the most versatile AR all around, being that it has access to the largest variety of magazines, and second highest total capacity at 60 rounds (40 rounds are nothing to laugh at either), and also enough parts to make it useful at a range with the ACOG and MAGPUL parts or CQB with many other optics and CQB parts, though truthfully MAGPUL and CQB parts shouldn't affect dispersion; only dexterity, but nonetheless. The ROF and low recoil of the M4A1 is also pretty great.

The AKM is basically the current opposite end spectrum AR, being more common and having a higher overall magazine capacity and more damage per shot. It does shoot a bit slower, the recoil is pretty large, and despite having the PSO-1 scope it is less accurate than the M4 (not to mention the PSO-1 is made for 7.62x54mmR guns, so it isn't a flawless attachment either) Most people use the AKM over the M4A1 simply because it's easier to find and parts are everywhere while the M4A1 as well as its respective magazines and attachments only spawn at US helicopter crashsites, but were crashsites not so buggy and the M4A1 more available you'd definitely have more people using it.

Then the AK-101 also has its niche areas, because it is basically an AKM with the 5.56x45mm round - trading damage for lower recoil and a higher velocity round. It's generally not as useful because it is stuck with the 30 round magazine and the PSO-1 works even worse with 5.56 weapons but you still see a good number of people using them. I can imagine the AUG will become a popular choice as well being that it comes with a built-in optic and will be very diverse attachment wise, but we only have the base rifle and very limited playtesting with it so it's hard to say. The AK-74 and AKS-74U seem to really be in for variety at the moment. I can't deny that both are almost essential given the setting and lore of the game, but in terms of gameplay the AK-74 is just an inferior AK-101 and the AKS-74U is a fairly specialized rifle with limited use.

As for the Blaze and Sporter-22; I rarely ever use the Sporter. In fact, I'd reckon I've fired more rounds from the Blaze than the Sporter in all of my time playing. I used to use the SKS all the time because it was my go-to weapon ever since they added it but I've fallen in love with the Repeater given that most of my combat is well within medium range and .357 rounds are abundant as hell. The Sporter doesn't have enough power for me to justify using it, while the Blaze definitely feels like you're getting two solid rounds out of it.

It's just that at this point the Sporter has a much bigger utility factor to it than the Blaze does, compared to other weapons. Suppressors don't work currently so the only two actual quiet weapons we have are the Sporter and Amphibia. The Blaze is a loud gun and it only holds two rounds, and doesn't have any optics or attachments to make up for this. The utility of the blaze comes with how much of a monster it is at killing single targets at medium range. However, the Sporter being the second quietest weapon in the game and having a 30 round capacity is the silent assassin's friend at the moment, and is more useful in a variety of roles that no other weapons can fulfill. The Blaze works well for equally as many playstyles, but there aren't nearly as many of them that the Blaze is the only weapon that does them well.

Here is an update for patch 0.57 (actually experimental but it should be accurate for stable as well). I abandoned the star system for a more accurate continuous version using normalized rankings from -1 to 1 and weighted the categories according to the numbers next to them. Furthermore the rating now includes gun rarity (included in Drawbacks as third aspect) and recoil (merged with Dexterity into the new Handling score).

Tiers are determined by score: more than 25% above average is top tier, more than 10% above average is high tier and more than 10% below average is low tier. Effective range is a rounded value determined by dispersion only (with bows/crossbow getting a heavy penalty because of the projectile drop) - it's roughly the distance where the weapon has a 50-100% chance to hit a 45cm target.

AcAVuGi.jpg

What are all those numbers and what do they mean? I provided the numbers to give some more detail about the ranking. I used data from the gamefiles and calculated the distance to the respective average then normalized the values to get within [-1,1]. In some cases I used a monotone transformation first to get the values more spread out (e.g. dispersion) and inverted some to get the "1 is best, -1 is worst" part.

Why are there no red dots in the Magazine category? Firearms can be chambered so the worst possibility (1 round magazine) is actually closer to "below average" than "horrible" especially as many guns don't have huge magazines.

Why did handguns get those awful Inventory scores? All weapons are in this list as "primary" weapon as in "your main tool to engage combat, hunting etc.". Here handguns have the disadvantage of always requiring inventory space while longarms got a free magic slot on the players back.

Where did you get your data? Mainly from the gamefiles though it's often a matter of intepretation where I used ingame experiences (mine and those of others including youtube videos/guides). For example rarity is determined by assigning numbers to specific loot tags whereas the optics value is a combination of magnification, zeroing and the quality of the reticle/ironsights.

Where are the different possible setups for weapons? I only used the setup with the highest score so this is basically a representation of potential power. Other setups usually score lower because they are more specialized (e.g. assault rifles with bipod) or simply inferior (e.g. hunting rifles without hunting scope).

Why didn't you include weapons as sidearms or weapon combinations? That's advanced gameplay and way too complex and might heavily depend on your playstyle and the situation. And even then you might end up having a "primary" weapon for the majority of time.

PVC Bow? Desert Eagle? Those weapons were in the gamefiles and provided enough data to be used in the list. When they are finally included in the games their values might be different but that might also be true for existing weapons.

I disagree with your ranking/method! Feel free to post criticism here.

The flare gun is easily the most overpowered item right now.  It makes having to choose between weapons absolutely pointless.

As far as the numbers that Evil Minion listed, it's hard to put much stock into it.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort and hope he does the same during later stages of development. The numbers will likely change during beta.  Furthermore, 99% of the time the crucial piece of information is who saw who first, not ballistics.