Sign in to follow this  
netchayev

Players disappear after 250m

I can't see players if they go further than 250m away from me, unless I zoom/scope in with my weapon.

My friends can see people more then double that distance.

This makes the game very hard to play, anyone got any tips on how to fix this ?

I've already tried mixing with my settings and in the config files but nothing has worked. I have a pretty good computer so I don't think it has anything to do with my PC.

Put object detail above normal setting, but implicitly you will have a richer map and therefore less fps.

Put object detail above normal setting, but implicitly you will have a richer map and therefore less fps.

I've had it on Very high since the begining.

Weird. I have it on Very High too, and I can see people at like 600 meters without zoom. I have both my view distances in dayz.cfg set to 1700.

Weird. I have it on Very High too, and I can see people at like 600 meters without zoom. I have both my view distances in dayz.cfg set to 1700.

My viewdistance is set to 3000

objectviewdistance is at 2500

What's your SceneComplexity?

Hello there

You mentioned you edited your settings and config...by any chance did you play with overall quality setting before manually changing anything? I would try defaulting to either default quality settings or very high and then manually change your in game object settings back to very high/high. This will change your dayz cfg back to its respectful default and should help rectify your problem.

Best of luck

Nuggit

I have the same problem here, after 0.50 my sight is shorter.  I can't see objects at a distance.

language="English";adapter=-1;3D_Performance=93750;Resolution_Bpp=32;Windowed=0;Resolution_W=1920;Resolution_H=1080;winX=16;winY=32;winW=800;winH=600;winDefW=800;winDefH=600;refresh=60;Render_W=1920;Render_H=1080;FSAA=0;postFX=0;GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;HDRPrecision=8;lastDeviceId="";localVRAM=1024917504;nonlocalVRAM=1874728960;vsync=0;ssaoEnabled=1;AToC=0;SWLayersCount=0;PipQuality=1;PPAA=4;viewDistance=1000;preferredObjectViewDistance=2000;

Anyone who can tell me what's up with this or give their own settings so I can try it?

PS. viewDistance etc were not there when I opened it for the first time, had to add them.

Edited by Yazar8

Hello there

You mentioned you edited your settings and config...by any chance did you play with overall quality setting before manually changing anything? I would try defaulting to either default quality settings or very high and then manually change your in game object settings back to very high/high. This will change your dayz cfg back to its respectful default and should help rectify your problem.

Best of luck

Nuggit

No results,

My friend plays on 88% resolution and I play on 1920x1080 (100%) resolution.

Might that have something to do with it, I could also play on 200% without my screen getting messed up.

Also, I can't see through windows if I'm further away then 50m. They simply go black, and the whole house is not looking so crisp and is very faded. But if I zoom in I can see through the windows again.

Also, I can't see through windows if I'm further away then 50m. They simply go black, and the whole house is not looking so crisp and is very faded. But if I zoom in I can see through the windows again.

This definitely is handled by object detail.

Try deleting your config file and let DayZ recreate it.

Try reinstalling DayZ

Houses have been like that for a while, but I think you messed something in the configs that affects player distance. I start seeing though windows at roughly 50-60 meters as well (http://i.imgur.com/IRUXzb2.jpg - green house in center), but I see players at much farther than 250 ( http://i.imgur.com/OPix5KE.jpg / http://i.imgur.com/XIJOsf5.jpg ). My advice? Delete all the .cfg and reinstall the game.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

Funny thing, I added a tech support who works on the dayz team.

He said it was probably a bug, hows that even possible?
Anyways, I reinstalled dayz on steam and deleted my cfg file.

The problem is still there.

Just to give you an idea:

http://imgur.com/Q9XKG7U

On this picture, my friend is standing infront of the big red building by the train tracks. As you can see, I can't see him unless I would scope in.

I don't even see a pixel walking around, theres nothing.

Hmmm I know early days having this problem if objectcomplexity and/or object detail was set too low (they're pretty much the same thing) but if it happens with those set at max then this needs to be investigated more. Could be a low memory issue also so if you set things high you still don't get everything.

Try to lower your object view distance something like 1500m and also maybe bit of view distance down.

What are your specs especially GPU and the amount of VRAM?

Edited by St. Jimmy

I've got 16g RAM  and 2048 mb dedicated video memory. Not sure if thats what you ment.

My graphics card is Geforce gtx 770

• Like 1

Tried lowering the settings as you said, still nothing.

I just did a test.

When I scope in with a mosin and a LRS I start seeing players at about 900m.

When I zoom in like normal they have to be around 400 m away from me for me to see them

And for me to see them without zooming, just by looking around, we have that golden 250 number again.

OK I'll now try to go do some tests to see if I get something similar. Just need to hope that nobody wants to snipe observing freshspawn :D

Well I found pretty quickly good spot. where I observed players in town. 320m is at least possible to see even without zooming. Need to find further place. I though that I was further than that.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

OK I observed a guy running over 600m away with zoom and without zoom. So I don't have this problem.

PS. viewDistance etc were not there when I opened it for the first time, had to add them.

You don't even have scenecomplexity which is much related to how far you can see people. default is sceneComplexity=1000000;

OK I observed a guy running over 600m away with zoom and without zoom. So I don't have this problem.

I envy you.

I still don't understand how it is possible for the problem to persist even when I reinstalled the game.

I have been suspecting that my monitor might be the problem here. That it does not render the pixels, what do you think ? 

I have a Acer G245HQ.

I will try with a different monitor tonight when I've got time, but I am not positive I will get results.

I envy you.

I still don't understand how it is possible for the problem to persist even when I reinstalled the game.

I have been suspecting that my monitor might be the problem here. That it does not render the pixels, what do you think ? 

I have a Acer G245HQ.

I will try with a different monitor tonight when I've got time, but I am not positive I will get results.

Well if you can try to tune up anti-aliasing and 3D resolution if it helps somehow to get those pixels but I doubt it. Well you shouldn't lose anything if you try that.

I tune up 3D performance in my config to 1500000. Anti aliasing has always been on high.

I've tried playing on 88%,100% and 200% resolution. 100 works best but many of my friends play on 88%.

I did some stalking again to see if it had gotten any better.

http://imgur.com/z5uaoBU,ekSEGgv#0

On the first picture;

The yellow circle is a zombie, they render up to 600-700 meters when I zoom in it appears.

The red circle is a player

The red line is where the player would disappear even when im zoomed in.

The second picture was taken a split second before the first, its the exact same moment, expect I'm not zoomed in.

I have the same problem here, after 0.50 my sight is shorter.  I can't see objects at a distance.

language="English";adapter=-1;3D_Performance=93750;Resolution_Bpp=32;Windowed=0;Resolution_W=1920;Resolution_H=1080;winX=16;winY=32;winW=800;winH=600;winDefW=800;winDefH=600;refresh=60;Render_W=1920;Render_H=1080;FSAA=0;postFX=0;GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;HDRPrecision=8;lastDeviceId="";localVRAM=1024917504;nonlocalVRAM=1874728960;vsync=0;ssaoEnabled=1;AToC=0;SWLayersCount=0;PipQuality=1;PPAA=4;viewDistance=1000;preferredObjectViewDistance=2000;

Anyone who can tell me what's up with this or give their own settings so I can try it?

No wonder that you wont see objects at a distance.

Just think about it your max view distance is set to 1000

and your "preferredObjectViewDistance=2000" so as long as you don´t adjust view distance its absolutely pointless to have objects set at 2000

• Like 1