Sign in to follow this  
Evil Minion

0.51 Magazine Rarity

Magazine Rarity  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which weapons magazines are relatively easy to find?

2. 2. Which weapons magazines are about average in terms of rarity?

3. 3. Which weapons magazines are rare when compared to the other ones?

So I figured the ammo poll would also work quite nicely with magazines - those also define a weapons usability. I would like you to give feedback on them by voting according to your impression on how easy it is to find a magazine for a certain weapon (not of a specific type). I left out any weapons with no or interior magazines as having or not having a "clip" has by far less impact than having or not having a magazine.

If you feel a certain magazine falls between two categories you can vote for both.

Edited by Evil Minion

The problem is that some weapons are just underrated and mags won't picked up!

Sporter mags can be found quite easily now, but this because no one plays the sporter and it's underrated (but i still think he needs a zoom and a little bit more damage buff, just a little)

Sporter isn't underrated, it just sucks like the amphibia does. In dayZ u use weapons for pvp, sure they can be good to kill zombies but really no1 does that...

While it doesn't have the damage or range of the other rifles the Sporter can be quite effective if used right. Especially if you found a 30 round magazine. It may not be an assault rifle but its comparable to the other hunting weapons. The Amphibia might have its uses but it feels much weaker inside its niche.

The sporter def needs a scope. It can be alright if you have one or two 30 round magazines but since you need to get close almost anything will win out in a fight. You need maybe ten shots to take down an assailant while he needs one or two with mosin, sks or shotty. I haven't found an Amphipia in weeks but I rarely use it since its so worthless. If it had been completely silent it would have been ok but its not much quieter than other weapons.

I've played for around 10-15 hours in total after 0.50 release and I have found 2 mags on CZ-575 (don't remember for sure and 1 pistol + mag CR-75. No ammo, no mags. Retiring until DayZ SA is more comfortable to play.

I found an AK74U for a friend the other day and since then we have spent several hours searching and have not seen a single mag for it.   

• Like 4

Thats probably because everyone who finds one takes it away in case he will find the matching weapon. Though, it seems like there are more pistol magazines right now.

I don't remember the last time I've seen 1911 mag, I cary the gun in my bags on every character in vein =(

The loot spawn system is currently broken, how have people not noticed this.

You will be lucky to find a good gun but have fun spending days and days just to find a mag if your lucky, you have to ask is this one gun and magazine worth x amount of time and then you realize that the loot spawn is broken. This poll is pointless because some magazines are just not spawning at all. Do this poll again once the loot is fixed.

The loot spawn system is currently broken, how have people not noticed this.

You will be lucky to find a good gun but have fun spending days and days just to find a mag if your lucky, you have to ask is this one gun and magazine worth x amount of time and then you realize that the loot spawn is broken. This poll is pointless because some magazines are just not spawning at all. Do this poll again once the loot is fixed.

Good rule of thumb.  Find the magazine first, then you can find the gun. Otherwise, go with weapons that do not require magazines.

I've been searching for 3 days now for a 1911 magazine to go with my mosin setup. Killed over 12 people and searched their equipment too at NWAF, not a single magazine.

• Like 1

Good rule of thumb.  Find the magazine first, then you can find the gun. Otherwise, go with weapons that do not require magazines.

I've been searching for 3 days now for a 1911 magazine to go with my mosin setup. Killed over 12 people and searched their equipment too at NWAF, not a single magazine.

There are barracks type of building with loads of bunk beds in one room and loot that clip through the floor. Found my 1911 mag lying inside the floor. Had to walk around with inventory open to spot it.

I did find some 1911 magazines but only took the ammo for my Derringer as I prefer the CR75 even though .45 ACP is stronger in DayZ (to strong compared to the other cartridges).

Sporter isn't underrated, it just sucks like the amphibia does. In dayZ u use weapons for pvp, sure they can be good to kill zombies but really no1 does that...

Depends. You can onehit kill People if you hit the head...even with a sporter....

Depends. You can onehit kill People if you hit the head...even with a sporter....

That's true in one shot u will make them unconscious, saw that in a Sacriel stream, pretty awesome, he didn't have a mag and he chambered the round, bam!

If survivors are wearing a (ballistic?) helmet they are knocked out by a .22LR shot. If they do not wear any head protection they will die. Everything in betwen I am not sure about - maybe a cowboy hat is enough to survivethe shot maybe not.

Something mildly related: Did anyone find Crossbow quivers or were they removed from he game? What was their use anyways?

Edited by Evil Minion

PM73 rak and its mag are stupid rare. Since pm73 is not a op gun, it should not be so rare. People in my clan see pm73 as a decoration or collection.... 

Carbines fecking everywhere. Only once did I find a carbine mag (military barracks) and as sod's law would have it, I didn't need it.

Interestingly enough, I've found that AKM mags are the easiest magazines to find other than makarov mags. Probably because they come in 3 different types (standard, black plastic, and green plastic).

While this may not make sense from a gameplay balance standpoint, it does seem fairly realistic. I was carrying a pump shotgun and an AK74U looking for AK74U mags. Went into pavlovo military base on a full server and found 3 AKMs, 3 AK101s, 3 AK74s, 2 AK74Us, 1 AK101 mag in a gun, 2 AK74 mags, and about 6 AKM mags. I decided to ditch my pump for an AKM with red furniture, a folding stock and 1 of 2 PSO scopes I found in the same room.

The AKM is, and should be, the go to assault weapon in chernarus. Easy to find, easy to maintain (low maintenance IRL), and very versatile. Once (if) rifle melee is incorporated, it will even more so outshine the AK101 and bayonet-less M4.

It's been a while since the P1 was put into a game and all this time I have NEVER seen 1 P1 magazine EVER. Thing is, it apparently isn't that much of a popular pistol because I find them lying around everywhere so I'm guessing that nobody else can find mags for it either