Sign in to follow this  
IngloriouslyBad

Bring Back Burlap Sack Masks!

Bring back the classic serial killer mask. I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger uproar about this. It was literally the only headwear I liked.

Don't take this out permanently. It was a unique way to conceal ones identity. No one could identify you by facial features, by eyewear, or even race and skin color.

What was wrong with the burlap mask anyways. The fact that people couldn't tell if they could just walk up in plain sight and shoot you unseen? Boo hoo, you shouldn't be walking up to someone in plain sight anyways. This is a sci-fi horror opportunity that shouldn't be wasted. Remember "The Strangers"? Anyways, the mask is something that set me back to childhood fears of scare crows coming to life like something black and horrid out of a Stephen King novel. 

If anything, let us have the option to cut 2 small holes for eyes, then place it over your own head

Knife:

Cut Eye Holes - 'allows you to use burlap sack as a novelty mask'

Sowing Kit:

Sow Scary Smile

Sow Scary Frown

Repair Burlap Sack - 'repairs all customizations back to normal sack'

• Like 1

If you had to cut eye holes in it so you could see i would then be in favor of it. but as it was it didn't make sense. another reason i like them is they tell me who to shoot. anyone wearing one i tried to kill as with payday masks some may not do this but i calls them as i sees them as folks that wear such items usually were not nice people.

• Like 3

So, apparently some people think a sack on your head is supposed to be racism? Don't live in the past and bring that non-sense here... That being said; This is a horror survival. People should feel free to dress, act, and do unto others how they see fit. 

Either way, the fact remains that the best part of the game *accessorizing* just got a little more boring without the ability to have the creepy expressionless bag head bandits!

Edited by IngloriouslyBad

I would also like to see the burlap sack to be able to be used in this way. It does fit the role of being a bandit or trying to be intimidating. It should also be pretty easy to implement.

I'm not sure about adding the option to sew on faces, but to each his own.

Why does everyone KoS payday masks.

Wolf isn't a murderer. ;-;

Edited by Geckofrog7

Yes, I agree with this.

Maybe when they release the Chainsaw my dreams of becoming the Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw man will be made xD

Knife:

Cut Eye Holes - 'allows you to use burlap sack as a novelty mask'

Well I dont think the burlap murder mask should be craft able because so many people would wear it cause its so intimidating. I beleive it should be like the other masks you find with out being craftable so when you find it is actually a profound moment then therefore seeing someone wearing it would be even more frightening !!

Who can agree with this ? it should not be craft able or it will be overused ! It should be found in a serial killers house on a hill 

I notice the OP said bring back the masks ? when where they in the game at all ? or are you referring to the mod ?

Now that is one piss poor argument. Not adding something because it's intimidating and lots of people will use it. 

Edited by General Zod

I notice the OP said bring back the masks ? when where they in the game at all ? or are you referring to the mod ?

No, not the mod. SA .49 patch and much before that. Previously to this patch, you could place it over your own head, then relog and be able to see through it. It offered no protection, just more eye candy for your survivor. And I never saw anyone using them really, so I made it my own personal style. Bag head, plaid shirt, jeans, and boots. Didn't usually carry a backback. Was the ultimate scary look, for me. 

I didn't even bandit with it on. Just stalked people and stood in the open where they could see me and pointed at people. Being scared that I might do something. When people walked up and asked if I was friendly I would just stay quiet and continue pointing. It was the ultimate test of fate. Do they shoot me and be bandits themselves? Or do they let the bag head stick around in eerie silence, unbeknownst to them that I was actually helping them by killing off snipers who were scoping in on their unaware hides.

This potentially game breaking bug has to be reverted! Bring back burlap sack masks!

No, not the mod. SA .49 patch and much before that. Previously to this patch, you could place it over your own head, then relog and be able to see through it. It offered no protection, just more eye candy for your survivor. And I never saw anyone using them really, so I made it my own personal style. Bag head, plaid shirt, jeans, and boots. Didn't usually carry a backback. Was the ultimate scary look, for me. 

I didn't even bandit with it on. Just stalked people and stood in the open where they could see me and pointed at people. Being scared that I might do something. When people walked up and asked if I was friendly I would just stay quiet and continue pointing. It was the ultimate test of fate. Do they shoot me and be bandits themselves? Or do they let the bag head stick around in eerie silence, unbeknownst to them that I was actually helping them by killing off snipers who were scoping in on their unaware hides.

This potentially game breaking bug has to be reverted! Bring back burlap sack masks!

Hahaa thats pretty cool.. this is why I love dayz because of players like you.. Do you play on Australian servers ?

Now that is one piss poor argument. Not adding something because it's intimidating and lots of people will use it. 

I say that so its more subtle and rare.. Why would you want to see it all the time ?? it would loos its ability to be unique.. thats hardly piss poor old zoddy boy ^_^ 

I'm in USA, but, I play on whatever servers that aren't bugged/crashed

And yeah, if they were added in as a unique item it would be more used, but I think people would still stick to the regular stuff more than likely. I'd be more happy with making it a craftable item just so it makes people have to get together multiple items just to make it work, and not just another pick up and go accessory.

I loved burlap sac masks; never wore them myself, but I teamed up with anyone I found wearing them, and usually had great experiences as a result. I would love to see them brought back.
The more uses for burlap sacs, the better, and because of how valuable they are becoming, I think they wouldn't be too commonly used.