SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

Why PSO-1 doe's not fit to AK-74 and to AKS-74U???

Edited by Mychak

Wipey wipey wipey boys, girls, and "super" dupers!!

This here is .50.

You can't even think about crying about a wipe until after full release and even then it may be necessary moving forward.

Are we with the program yet, kids?

No, probably not.

Here come the, "I got wiped!!" threads.

:rolleyes:

Edited by BioHaze

Wipey wipey wipey boys, girls, and "super" dupers!!

This here is .50.

You can't even think about crying about a wipe until after full release and even then it may be necessary moving forward.

Are we with the program yet, kids?

No, probably not.

Here come the, "I got wiped!!" threads.

:rolleyes:

I hear ya and if the majority of the folks who will cry about being wiped would only read these forums, they'd understand that the current state of persistence "is what it is".  

I got drilled 4 days into 0.50 by a few guys who came on my server asking questions about persistence and said they'd call my server "home" so long as we don't turn it off without warning or wipe their stuff without warning. Well, we didn't touch anything on the server but the persistence bug/crash that is out there caused everybody to lose their persistence items and I sure heard about it on TS. I took it all with a grain of salt and explained it was out of our control and we'd look into restoring the persistence file that our GSP had backed up, but after one round of that, I knew it was time to turn persistence off for now and just wait for it to continue being developed. 

Hopefully some read this before posting a rant thread  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

- Could we have all bananas be usable for the face and head? I have seen only two face wearable bananas ever.

wut? XD

On another note, I did think it was weird to have 2 different types of bandanas in the game.

Has anyone found any wild boars or wild deer and successfully cut them meat? I am starving ..... 8-)

Has anyone found any wild boars or wild deer and successfully cut them meat? I am starving ..... 8-)

Yes. They're more common in open areas, and relatively close to villages and such. Me and a friend shot a deer south of Berezino recently.

EDIT: Actually that was north of Berezino. My bad.

Edited by Strawman
  • Like 1

No, but I have experienced ground surfaces having some strange graphical issue. I haven't reported it yet though. I'll try to get a picture first.

Just report the issue on the feedback tracker. :)

- Could we have all bananas be usable for the face and head? I have seen only two face wearable bananas ever.

11070145805_d22bdb2445.jpg

And also whenever you're eating something and you right click a M9A1 bayonet, it says cancel skinning and quartering. Just thought I would throw it out there

Did you also report it in the feedback tracker?

Anyone else opened a can of food and got .380 bullets instead of food?

Did you report it in the feedback tracker? :)

Why PSO-1 doe's not fit to AK-74 and to AKS-74U???

Because the PSO is an old scope, and the AK's are built a lot later? The PSO doesn't work with the M4 either, right? Maybe I'm mixing them up.

Edited by Strawman

Brian hicks on twitter : "the next few weeks should be interesting" I wonder what this could mean ??! Happy thanksgiving everyone ;) !

Hoping they push out a hotfix for temperature or release 0.51 soon. My character is literally stuck in the middle of the map borderline hyperthermic. I can't cool down at all. I've tried soaking myself and dropping all my gear. I can't play stable right now at all and it's really frustrating.

Hoping they push out a hotfix for temperature or release 0.51 soon. My character is literally stuck in the middle of the map borderline hyperthermic. I can't cool down at all. I've tried soaking myself and dropping all my gear. I can't play stable right now at all and it's really frustrating.

You need to stay still and avoid any movement for several minutes...staying still indoors or in the shade greatly helps. Avoid heavy gear (wool coats, dove jackets and such) because environment's temperature does not seem as cold as previous patches. That should help you...don't hold your breath for 0.51, currently in experimental Chernarus is only slightly colder than 0.50. Things could change a lot, however.

0.50 - the lootpocalypse!

Aside from the broken water wells, the major issue im seeing here is the loot spawns. Some towns are completely empty, and then the next town/military base is literally a loot fest:

221100_screenshots_2014-11-24_00004_zps7

221100_screenshots_2014-11-24_00005_zps5

Positives? I've noticed a significant improvement in graphical performance lately, so thats good. :)

You need to stay still and avoid any movement for several minutes...staying still indoors or in the shade greatly helps. Avoid heavy gear (wool coats, dove jackets and such) because environment's temperature does not seem as cold as previous patches. That should help you...don't hold your breath for 0.51, currently in experimental Chernarus is only slightly colder than 0.50. Things could change a lot, however.

It's fine on 0.51 for me. No overheating what-so-ever. I'll try that though, thanks.

Is there any word on when they'll fix the sound bug where you can't hear gunshots? I almost died to someone at NW because I couldn't hear their SKS shooting at me. Luckily I saw them after the first shot hit me and blasted them with my shotty.

11070145805_d22bdb2445.jpg

Did you also report it in the feedback tracker?

Did you report it in the feedback tracker? :)

Because the PSO is an old scope, and the AK's are built a lot later? The PSO doesn't work with the M4 either, right? Maybe I'm mixing them up.

Hm, you so smart! Why PSO-1 is fit to the AK-101? Receiver is the same for all series AK.

Is there any word on when they'll fix the sound bug where you can't hear gunshots? I almost died to someone at NW because I couldn't hear their SKS shooting at me. Luckily I saw them after the first shot hit me and blasted them with my shotty.

Guys, this one is dependent upon major work that is being done on the sound engine. Any bugfixing we do on the existing system would be time lost, the focus in this area will be completing and integrating the changes to the system - rather than hotfixing what we have now.

• Like 3

Hm, you so smart! Why PSO-1 is fit to the AK-101? Receiver is the same for all series AK.

Did you notice my question marks? Did you notice when I said "maybe I'm mixing them up"? :)

EDIT: I'll try to formulate myself clearer:

Could it be because the PSO is an old scope, and the AK's are built a lot later? The PSO doesn't work with the M4 either, right? Maybe I'm mixing up the scopes.

There. Understand now? :)

EDIT2: I looked around a bit and turns out I was indeed mixing them up. I was thinking about the PU scope. If the PSO should be compatible with the guns you mention I suggest you report it as a bug in the feedback tracker.

Edited by Strawman

It has been reported in the feedback tracker and a dev replied, saying they will take a look at it for the next update.

Just a few thoughts after many hours  of playing the 0.50 stable:

-The gameplay itself is broken. Sometimes, you have tons of loot at one place, sometimes you can search for hours and you will find nothing. The server-performance is slow, actions are sometimes delayed for more than 10 seconds.

-Generally, the game would be so great, if all the bugs were fixed. In my opinion, you should really not implement more features (besides some more sniper rifles and proper vehicle implementation) but should rather concentrate on fixing the main bugs (Loot system, server performance, client performance, zombie-player-detection and those many other bugs reported in the topics)

i love this game, but at the current state, i would not recommend it to anyone. And in my opinion it was the biggest mistake to implement the vehicles NOW, because people are now returning to the game, when the status is the worst since many months.

any info on a stable update today ?  they said they'll keep the 3 weeks experimental and last week of the month stable update cycle in one of the last dev blogs didnt they ?  :)

thouight they might take a part of what now is 0.51 ... cause otherwise i dont know the truck needs maybe another month or 2 of tweaking lol before that baby hits stable