bluesydave

SANCTUARY- Experimental Amnesty Area and Survivor Camp

Hello folks.

I thought I might try a sort of experiment and try set a up a survival 'camp', and see what happens, at the military base west of Myshkino, at coords 010 081, on the DayZ UK 5-81 server.

I realise I'm probably asking to be bandited, but hopefully they could be pursueded to leave us alone for a while for the sake of the experiment. As a forunner to proper camp building and barricading etc. to see if people will meet up there, trust each other, work together, swap gear, bloodbag, and interact rather than KOS and so on. If I die immediately, it was worth a try! Once it gets established with enough survivors, we could have large bandit groupd try to attack and fend them off as one community.

My steam/DayZ name is Roadkill. <_<

Anyone have any further suggestions?

Dave.

• Like 3

Nice idea,i'd like to join,but i don't think there will be much people interested in this sort of stuff.Dunno,it would be nice to atleast try.

• Like 1

Nice idea,i'd like to join,but i don't think there will be much people interested in this sort of stuff.Dunno,it would be nice to atleast try.

I will say the last forum meet and greet was loads of fun.  The key is to bring a lighter set of gear so in the event something spoils your not in a bad way.

• Like 4

I will say the last forum meet and greet was loads of fun.  The key is to bring a lighter set of gear so in the event something spoils your not in a bad way.

Dunno,haven't been on forums for long time.I see,you have changed your profile pic,the old one was better.Anyway,if this happens,notify me,i'd like to try it.

• Like 1

I didn't realise they already happened. Sounds like a good laugh.

I'm not falling for it. God damn cannibals.

Pretty much this, no one who watches The waking dead will go to any place called sanctuary. 

• Like 1

Dunno,haven't been on forums for long time.I see,you have changed your profile pic,the old one was better.Anyway,if this happens,notify me,i'd like to try it.

Well it's movember need to go upper lip only to support mens health ;).

I didn't realise they already happened. Sounds like a good laugh.

Its was great, if you feel like checking it out here you go.

• Like 2

I'm not falling for it. God damn cannibals.

Damn, you're on to me.

• Like 1

Dave.

Yes.  Change the name of the thread to "SANCTUARY- Experimental Amnesty, Survivor Camp and Sniper Training Area".

• Like 1

I would love to come, but the gear I have right now is not something I can risk.

• Like 1

Cool! It's something I would go to, but I would have such horrible ping on that server, I'm not sure Battleye would even let me in.

Still sounds fun. Let me hear of your results. I'm really interested, since I hope one day people will actually be able to do this with a reasonable amount of security and peace of mind. But thats just wishful thinking.

PS I thought this thread was about making a designated safe zone, for trading and cowering in fear. I was all ready to go shoot it down xD

Edited by snwh
  • Like 1

At the base west of Myshkino? The one in the valley surrounded by forests?

Me and my Mosin would absolutely LOVE to come along.

• Like 1

Oh yes finally

time to test out these grenades

• Like 1

&nbsp;

Cool! It's something I would go to, but I would have such horrible ping on that server, I'm not sure Battleye would even let me in.

&nbsp;

Still sounds fun. Let me hear of your results. I'm really interested, since I hope one day people will actually be able to do this with a reasonable amount of security and peace of mind. But thats just wishful thinking.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

PS I thought this thread was about making a designated safe zone, for trading and cowering in fear. I was all ready to go shoot it down xD

&nbsp;

You're right we should choose a server that has the best universal ping for everyone. Any suggestions?

You're right we should choose a server that has the best universal ping for everyone. Any suggestions?

I was thinking more like a survivor hang out zone with a mutual no KOS policy among fellow survivors, but possibly where people might still have to fend off bandits. I know it's probably a bit over optimistic, but I'd really like to see a bit more community interaction going on. It's just an idea to be chewed over though and open to altenatives!

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Just because you were fabulous in your underwear doesn't mean you have to demand this from everyone.

@bluesydave: try to use the Multiquote-function. Comments Merged.

• Like 1

I always seem to miss out on these things, I would have come along to help fend off any hostiles

I don't play too much anymore but these kind of things would bring me back for something interesting to do

These things are a load of fun, but always end up with a field full of corpses. :D

I've always liked the idea of these. Reminds me of the Cordon in STALKER where all the cowards, fresh STALKERs, or White Knight teacher types hang out. Not 100% safe, but safe enough tor rest for a bit.

• Like 1

Hello folks.

I thought I might try a sort of experiment and try set a up a survival 'camp', and see what happens, at the military base west of Myshkino, at coords 010 081, on the DayZ UK 5-81 server.

I realise I'm probably asking to be bandited, but hopefully they could be pursueded to leave us alone for a while for the sake of the experiment. As a forunner to proper camp building and barricading etc. to see if people will meet up there, trust each other, work together, swap gear, bloodbag, and interact rather than KOS and so on. If I die immediately, it was worth a try! Once it gets established with enough survivors, we could have large bandit groupd try to attack and fend them off as one community.

My steam/DayZ name is Roadkill. <_<

Dave.

I like ur idea, eventhough im the typical lonewolf player this is the kinda metagaming I wanna see in Dayz. Arranging for bandit to attack sounds too scripted...Whatever happends, happends naturally.

Good luck

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

Will do kichilron. I was having problems working out how to do this. And I couldn't find a way of deleting an erroneuos post!

I like ur idea, eventhough im the typical lonewolf player this is the kinda metagaming I wanna see in Dayz. Arranging for bandit to attack sounds too scripted...Whatever happends, happends naturally.

Good luck

Me too. I agree with you about arranging for a bandit attack being too scripted. I think what I was trying say was just to get them to lay off for a few days while the experiment got established, but you're right - what happens happens. I'm a lonewolf player also, but I like the idea of establishing a survivor amnesty area (or areas) on the map, where you can go a chill out with other survivors. Kind of like the antiCherno antiNWAF - these places are established kill zones, and I want to see if it's possible to establish areas that are the opposite of this. They woiuld also become target areas for bandits and this could lead to interesting encounters (in theory). It's a step towards what I'd to see when more base buidling and barricading stuff is in. It's a highly optimistic idea but I thought it worth suggesting. I don't mind losing all my gear for the sake of giving it a go.

Edited by bluesydave
  • Like 1

I guess in theory there would three survivor zones and three bandit equivalent zones on the map.

Which areas would people suggest for these?