Sign in to follow this  
Etherimp

I give this bandit a second chance at survival, but he doesn't learn his lesson..

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2krx67/best_player_interaction_ive_had_in_a_long_time_i/

And here's what's disappointing about this encounter...

This is supposed to be a survival game. You're supposed to care about your character..about your life. I SPARED his life. He tried to trick me several times and I didn't bite.. I WARNED him that I would kill him if he came after me.. He was low on blood and had a broken arm and I out-geared him.. Any SMART player would have simply walked away and been thankful that I didn't just double-tap him while he was unconscious.. But this troglodyte thinks this is a COD battlefield where you just run around trying to kill everything you see.. Even when I tried talking to him, he was only willing to talk to me when he was trying to trick me into giving him the upper hand.

I enjoyed the encounter none-the-less.. I found it entertaining and fun.. But it's also disappointing that these kinds of narrow-minded people are so common.

• Like 9

"go back to call of duty" lol

I've learned something from recording all of my encounters... and that is that I get a little worked up in situations like this. I'm normally such a nice guy, but when someone fucks with me I talk a LOT of shit.

That said... They usually deserve it. ;)

Just watching 3rd person makes me feel "dirty" but I'm glad that asshat got his in the end.

Was nice to see it happen live. :thumbsup:  You gave him a second chance to live, and he didn't take it. Well, in the end he got what he wanted, a firefight and death. B)

• Like 1

You're so right about narrow-minded people.I met a dude in a police station yesterday.The first thing he said was:You come in this room you die.It's so ridiculous that people say that sort of things.I'm the kinda guy who would've said I'm friendly and I expect him to say Ok cool and later then Do you need anything?And not like sentences like Go away or I'll kill you It's such a disappointment that there is a lot of people like these.If everyone was friendlier perhaps the Dayz world would've been a better place.And if you wanna know what happened in the end with the bastard I met in the police station wasn't pretty.

Edited by Fox Hunter 2.0
  • Like 1

A chambered sporter and a machete? Why on Earth did he even choose to engage carrying only that sort of equipment?

He had a blaze, also, but he fired the blaze shots early on, and the rest of his mosin ammo was ruined, so he went into desperation mode.

Don't ask me why he didn't try to use the blaze first instead of the sporter though.

Edited by Etherimp

Just watching 3rd person makes me feel "dirty" but I'm glad that asshat got his in the end.

I have hardcore clips also.. Go check out my "Etherimps streaming video topic" thread... There's about 3-4 good hardcore ones in there.

LOL @ 3pp aiming

Sometimes it necessary. Esp when someone is running around you and lagging trying to hack you with a machete.

Lol @ your constant forum trolling. Haven't you had your account suspended before?

Sometimes it necessary. Esp when someone is running around you and lagging trying to hack you with a machete.

Lol @ your constant forum trolling. Haven't you had your account suspended before?

3 times, read it and weep.

I make no apologies.

Says he who posts 3rd rate video game action, acting as some kind of hero.

I don't put that much effort into it - I have better things to be getting on with, like living in the real world.

If you're going to go down the route of being a youtubing games enthusiast, then you may as well make a good go of it - others do.

Just saying.

Chill out man. If you don't like the video there's no need to spam his thread.

Some people are so sensitive. :)

Some people also don't like having their thread spammed by a troll who has nothing better to do than annoy people he doesn't even know.

• Like 1

3 times, read it and weep.

I make no apologies.

I apologize to everyone affected for not banning you at an earlier stage.

• Like 1

I apologize to everyone affected for not banning you at an earlier stage.

doh.. owned.

ps: thank you.

Edited by Etherimp

I'm still not convinced about the blaze. Where did it go? 

He was carrying around 2 weapons... I think he may have dropped it to fire the sporter, and then when he went to go pick it up I think I came out and shot at him.. I've watched the footage a good many times now and I THINK That is what happened, but I can't be sure.

Good video though, I enjoyed watching! Once you were at the barn I was like "NO DON'T SWITCH WEAPONS HE'S PROBABLY COMING!!" haha. Then I see him in the doorway and I can only imagine the adrenaline rush while you attempt to switch back weapons.  :D

Edited by solodude23

Good video though, I enjoyed watching! Once you were at the barn I was like "NO DON'T SWITCH WEAPONS HE'S PROBABLY COMING!!" haha. Then I see him in the doorway and I can only imagine the adrenaline rush while you attempt to switch back weapons.  :D

Yup... When my character stopped to switch weapons I was like "FUCK! I forgot to lower my weapon.. this is it, I'm dead."...

Fortunately, broken arms are the real deal, and he didn't have a magazine, so it was 1 shot at a time.. Then the lag ensued. I'm almost embarrassed by my performance in the following "fight", but I think anyone who's played DayZ for long knows that when that kind of stuff happens the combination of lag, desync and adrenaline makes things extremely frantic and unpredictable.