tmbt

I hate bambi

That may be true...but I dont think they are equally unrealistic. But I would agree that the amount of KoS in dayz probaly do not reflect how humans would behave in a apocalypse, that is..the amount of KoS incidents. The careless bambie behaviour I find even more unrealistic.

But then again we already have a dedicated thread for trying to solve the KoS problem.

Which is a hard thread to follow honestly.  KoS was never NOT a problem in the mod, it was always there; however, there was much much less of it, and more talking/tactical interactions.  DayZ SA in it's infancy really doesn't support talking/tactical interactions.  There is KoS and cosplay and that's about it (generalization, so for you idiots out there that say BUT THAT'S NOT THE WAY I PLAY!!!, get over yourself you represent 0% of the community).  Just imagine when Dayz is released, on patch 1.679272364378.  The northwest is populated with a ton of military bases for the high end loot.  Dynamic crash sites/events are happening on the map.  Vehicles are in, work, and so does persistence.  The coast will be much more of a fresh spawn - moderately civilian geared players.  Don't forget that spawn points will be smoothed out then as well.

Currently the only action is on the coast, so you will regrettably only get hostility because ultimately that's all there is to DayZ SA at the moment.

All Bambi wants is to nibble on your flesh. Is  that so hard to understand?

ZambyT.jpg

• Like 2

Whoever said that your spawn time should be relevant to how long your previous life was is a genius.

Until you get KoS'd by a spawn camper.

Because it silly unrealistic behaviour that no one would have done if they had been in the same situation in the real world.

And arguing that it is retribution for KOS behaviour isnt fair for those players that dosent KOS...

I would agree that bambies would be more sought after if they had a timeout penalty, and that could be a problem. It all depends on how much u want bambies to care about their lifes. 5 min timeout? 10? 20?

Dont think there is a clearcut answer to that. But a timeout penalty is a good idea if u ask me.

As Whyherro said it's equally unrealistic to just shoot everyone maybe if you were starving and they clearly had a lot of stuff but bambi's obviously don't. The only legit excuses for that in real life would be 1 The person is a psychopath and would probably have been shooting up schools were it not for the virus 2 They're similarly crazy and think everyone is a zombie 3 They somehow knew the person and that they're assholes

Just the same as killing bambi's because one attacked you once or twice isn't fair on bambi's.

Well it shouldn't just be for bambi's.

Especially since if you're lucky you can just run back and get your gear one time I died at the NE airfield twice in a row and both times I spawned less then 10 minutes away so got my gear and the dudes I'd killed gear as well.

All round timer would stop that kind of thing mostly(spawns should still be random)

If you try to help them/be friendly with them and they attack by all means gun them down it's not like you have to bitch out and run away with your AKM but otherwise keep a watchful eye if they go off and find an axe then come back beware.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

The spawn time is long enough at 30 seconds. If you play with a group of people you will know how annoying it is to get back to your friends after you die. 

As Whyherro said it's equally unrealistic to just shoot everyone maybe if you were starving and they clearly had a lot of stuff but bambi's obviously don't. The only legit excuses for that in real life would be 1 The person is a psychopath and would probably have been shooting up schools were it not for the virus 2 They're similarly crazy and think everyone is a zombie 3 They somehow knew the person and that they're assholes

Im afraid I dont get the relevance of saying KoS behaviour is just as unrealistic compared to the unrealistic bambi behaviour. They are both unrealistic behaviour in a real world apocalyptic scenario. But I was talking about mediating the careless bambie behaviour based on the argument that its unrealistic...I dont get the relvance of saying "but KoS is just as unrealistic", does this make careless bambie behaviour less unrealistic, or more?? Are u saying since KoS behaviour is unrealistic, its okey we have unrealistic bambie behaviour too?

Or did Whyherro123 bring in another nonrelevant far-fetched argument like he always do?

Edited by svisketyggeren

The spawn time is long enough at 30 seconds. If you play with a group of people you will know how annoying it is to get back to your friends after you die. 

I never thought of the 30 sec spawn time as a punishment, and since we still have careless bambies running around I dont think anyone sees the 30 sec timer as punishment. And ur forgetting about all the players that play alone.

If ur gonna punish careless bambie behaviour u need a mechanism that actually mediates it significantly and affects all players equally.

Edited by svisketyggeren

I never thought of the 30 sec spawn time as a punishment. And ur forgetting about all the players that play alone.

I've not forgotten about them, I just don't see how that's relevant?

Sometimes I play alone too, and then I'm a really nice and friendly Bambi, and I've always just got the game and don't know what I'm doing. Often a nice a guy will come along and give me some food, and before long we're best pals and he's helping me find clothes, and then we find a shotgun, and he lets me have it, and he even gives me some buckshot that he found. I say thanks, tell him he's a great guy, which is rare here. Then when he's busy axing a zombie, I shoot both barrels of the shotgun into him and take the rest of his stuff. Sometimes I kiss him before I leave.

I read all the answers but i feel like only few got my point. What I'm saying here is that fresh spawn or not what you carry determine how much you care about your life.

I never saw a person equppied with a mosin and an LRS who went crazy because his dog got killed. Seems like as soon as you find something valuable the madness someone on this thread is talking about disappear.

A new spawn doesn't care to run around armed people because they will try to knock him down. If they succede then they will be geared up in a second. If they don't then they will try again in 30 seconds.

To answer to another guy on this thread I wasn't along the coast because i wanted to kill new spawn. I was there because after 300hours of gameplay i don't want to spend all my time up north or west just because the coast is for the new spawn. There is an open map and i like to think I can go whenever i want.

Finally i don't feel like KOS is a real problem or a game breaking situation. I can perfectly figure out in a post apocalypse world a person with a gun who shoots whatever move. KOS people force me to live as a survivor. Scavenging to survive, avoiding big city or feel the suspance when you decide to enter a city and you heard the gunshot in the distance. I play in the same way new spawn or not.

I've not forgotten about them, I just don't see how that's relevant?

U mention getting back to ur friends as annoying when u die, that this is part of the punishment for dying. So it pretty obvious that this punishment dosent incorporate the players that play alone...really insanly obvious if u ask me.

I dont think anyone gets OPs point...the point is that there should be some kind of punishment for careless behaviour like he described. The careless behaviour is completly opposite of what u would have seen in the real world. And it creates a silly form of gameplay when bambies have nothing to loose.

30 min cooldown would be a step in the right direction...if u ask me I would suggest a 15 min cooldown upon death for players that have started a new char, after 1 hour playtime the cooldown is removed. By one hour u probaly gathered some gear and started to care for ur life like u where supposed to do in the beginning.

Are you telling me that in the apocalypse mental illness has been cured?  Not having crazy guys running around in the streets, detached from reality, now that would seem suspicious.  If anything, I would think mental illness would have a higher occurrence than in real life currently.

• Like 1

Are you telling me that in the apocalypse mental illness has been cured?  Not having crazy guys running around in the streets, detached from reality, now that would seem suspicious.  If anything, I would think mental illness would have a higher occurrence than in real life currently.

As i wrote few minutes ago ... it's funny how an LRS or something valuable will cure the mental illness of these guys in a second

• Like 1

U mention getting back to ur friends as annoying when u die, that this is part of the punishment for dying. So it pretty obvious that this punishment dosent incorporate the players that play alone...really insanly obvious if u ask me.

If you want me to read and take in what you have to say, please at least write the word 'you' not the letter 'u'. This isn't an SMS message, you do not need to get as much information as you can into 100 characters. If you were a native English speaker, I could almost forgive you, but you have actually had to consciously learn English, and they wouldn't teach you that. 

Anyway. Can we still be friends?

As i wrote few minutes ago ... it's funny how an LRS or something valuable will cure the mental illness of these guys in a second

That is not strictly true, most people that try and knock a geared guy out with their fists to loot their gear don't then decide to never try and kill another person. In fact I would say the mental illness moves onto serial killing pretty quickly.

That is not strictly true, most people that try and knock a geared guy out with their fists to loot their gear don't then decide to never try and kill another person. In fact I would say the mental illness moves onto serial killing pretty quickly.

I'm not saying they don't kill anyone else. I'm saying that as soon as they're geared up they don't run around other players screaming in the mic using only their fists because at that point they've something to lose behaving like that. That's my point.

So if "they are crazy" (as a character in the game) they should remain crazy and behaving in a crazy way after been geared up. If not then they are just new spawn who don't have anything to lose. They try to knock down an armed guy because the worst that could happen to them is that they will respawn in 30 seconds somewhere else (probably on the coast) and they will try again.

So I'm suggesting to increase the spawn delay maybe proportionally to the time you played your previous life so if you try to kill yourself just because you're not near enough your friends you will think twice before doing it. Or because maybe you respawn too south or too east. What's the point in the random respawn point if you can kill yourself everytime until you are where you want to be ?

That's my point

Edited by tmbt
  • Like 1

If you want me to read and take in what you have to say, please at least write the word 'you' not the letter 'u'. This isn't an SMS message, you do not need to get as much information as you can into 100 characters. If you were a native English speaker, I could almost forgive you, but you have actually had to consciously learn English, and they wouldn't teach you that. 

Anyway. Can we still be friends?

Its when someone brings out the grammar card as a last resort, I know I have unwilligly convinced them of my proposition.

And why of earth would I write "you" instead of "u" when I know it annoys....U..?

Edited by svisketyggeren

No im not telling u that.

But I dont believe most ppl would behave as bambies in Dayz...maybe some would, but not as many as in Dayz. There are alot of similar extreme situations in the real world that could be compared to the situation in Dayz....like war. Most sane ppl dont go completly insane in wartimes to the degree of running arond the streets when bullets fly by.

As pointed out in another thread about real permadeath...if we had real permadeath in Dayz we would see a drastic reduction in careless bambie behaviour. We would be getting close to what we have in the real world...if u die, ur dead. End of game.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Im afraid I dont get the relevance of saying KoS behaviour is just as unrealistic compared to the unrealistic bambi behaviour. They are both unrealistic behaviour in a real world apocalyptic scenario. But I was talking about mediating the careless bambie behaviour based on the argument that its unrealistic...I dont get the relvance of saying "but KoS is just as unrealistic", does this make careless bambie behaviour less unrealistic, or more?? Are u saying since KoS behaviour is unrealistic, its okey we have unrealistic bambie behaviour too?

Or did Whyherro123 bring in another nonrelevant far-fetched argument like he always do?

-sigh-

I ask, how is my argument non-relevant and far-fetched? At least give me a rationale for the insults.

You said bambi's running up going "fists of fury" is unrealistic, I countered with "KoS is also unrealistic", and offered proof in the form of sociological and psychological studies...

My arguments get called "irrelevant and far-fetched." What?

Neither are going to change, or be stopped in any shape or form, unless some form of "death timer" is implemented. Both are inherently unrealistic, so you can't really complain about one while upholding the other.

That is what I meant.

-sigh-

I ask, how is my argument non-relevant and far-fetched? At least give me a rationale for the insults.

You said bambi's running up going "fists of fury" is unrealistic, I countered with "KoS is also unrealistic", and offered proof in the form of sociological and psychological studies...

Neither are going to change, or be stopped in any shape or form, unless some form of "death timer" is implemented. Both are inherently unrealistic, so you can't really complain about one while upholding the other.

That is what I meant.

Sorry but i don't understand what you're doing here. Is not a matter of " I countered with "KoS is also unrealistic". We're not playing who has the bigger di*k here ... There is an unrealistic situation caused by new spawn "fists of fury" as you call it. The purpose of this thread was to discuss two things :

1) If it was only me thinking that it was unrealistic and game breaking

2) how to solve it

I cannot understand how discuss of KoS can be of some help in this thread.

Edited by tmbt

Sorry but i don't understand what you're doing here. Is not a matter of " I countered with "KoS is also unrealistic". We're not playing who has the bigger di*k here ... There is an unrealistic situation caused by new spawn "fists of fury" as you call it. The purpose of this thread was to discuss two things :

1) If it was only me thinking that it was unrealistic and game breaking

2) how to solve it

I cannot understand how discuss of KoS can be of some help in this thread.

Simple: it is never going to be solved. Not so long as there is no penalty to death. Add in a 30 minute respawn timer, or a 30-minute-can't-respawn-on-same-server-timer (better, in my opinion), and ALL players, not just gear-hungry bambi's, will be much less blase about death. Granted, then people would complain, but, hey, "permadeath" right?

I brought up KoS to label how the actions that cause the bambi's to run up and try to punch you out are also unrealistic, just to point out the hypocrisy of "complain about bambi's punching you out, while shooting everything you see". I can stop, if you would like.

-sigh-

That is what I meant.

There are no insults in my post. And it dosent matter if u mathmatically prove that KoS behaviour is unrealistic...already told u I agree that its unrealistic. Still has little or no relevance to careless bambi behaviour...just in the same whay as the weather has no significant relevance to either KoS or careless behaviour. So u havent countered anything by saying "KoS is also unrealistic"...u started talking about something else.

And im not upholding the other...they are both unrealistic....djez man, I give up on u whyherro123

Edited by svisketyggeren

I dont think anyone gets OPs point...the point is that there should be some kind of punishment for careless behaviour like he described. The careless behaviour is completly opposite of what u would have seen in the real world. And it creates a silly form of gameplay when bambies have nothing to loose.

30 min cooldown would be a step in the right direction...if u ask me I would suggest a 15 min cooldown upon death for players that have started a new char, after 1 hour playtime the cooldown is removed. By one hour u probaly gathered some gear and started to care for ur life like u where supposed to do in the beginning.

So then a fresh spawn gets a lucky KO on you, and you happen to re-spawn nearby. You are not going to go try and get your gear back because he is now geared and you are now fresh? Please.

Jus want to say thanks to archone88 for giving the beanz just up above here

I think there's one thing a lot of players accidentally don't notice, one good point of DayZ- or they don't think about it. There is a lot of talk (for different reasons) about "endgame".. and there are some worries that come from fresh spawn or new players.. But if we talk about "endgame" then we should talk about "beginning-game" And at least notice that the "beginning-game" is also a big part of the DayZ experience

As well as for instance not knowing where you are (new players),  and not knowing how/where/why/when the zombies are dangerous .; or what other players are like, or how the hell to open a can of beans with a pickaxe, or why you can't break a rock with a pickaxe.. or you dont even know there are 'stones' in the game or what to do with them .. you're not sure if tents really exist, or where to find food, or what happens if you put something on the ground for 5 minutes while you try a different shirt.. and you find out by PLAYING.. that's all GREAT .. its brilliant, and (hehe) you also find out by PLAYING what happens if you try to ask another player for advice.. (well... a LOT of things could happen) and this is just the new players.

The experienced players who respawn KNOW what kind of stuff they are facing and know many techniques for surviving they need for that first "beginning-game" section. It's not a walkover.

BUT I just wanted to say its a BIG and important and exciting and fun part of the game, and DANGEROUS and can be very difficult too.. I died last week and got killed 15 times in 2 days before I had enough stuff to eat and drink and defend myself - firstly, there were  no axes anywhere.. and I found out (just last week after a few hundred hours of playing) how many things you CANT open a can of beans with... no - the garden hoe does not open beans, and also the HAMMER does NOT open beans, (but if I was starving IRL I bet I could open a can of beanz with a hammer like that, I swear..) so for the first time I gave it a try, then passed out from starvation. Can you open beanz with a hacksaw, I dont know yet... bet you can't.

So after a while I made it back to being BIG and BAD with all my stuff and a good gun and an axe and a stone to sharpen it with, and ammo and good camo waterproof clothes, and enough local knowledge to go looking for heli crashes, and I sat on hills and watched how many people spawn in, in teams of 2 or 3 at the different baracks, all racing to get there first after a restart.. I think maybe players keep lists and have 'restart-game-plans' set out to get through a max number in the shortest time .. and watched them kill each other etc.. I was back in the NORMAL part of the game where the experienced players live nearly all the time, and they discuss "endgame" on the forums..

I've nothing against that, I'm right in the middle of being an experienced player too. but for me endgame is just what happens every day and you dont need a "BFG big endgame weapon" to get there. In fact - a shotgun is a bloody good way to get someone straight to their "endgame" real quick. I'm impressed by the shotgun! ,  and I notice more and more players are getting the shotgun message too, and I THINK fewer diehards still NEED their assault rifles.. (but maybe they have a different game to play I guess, which is OK by me)

But - in all this - the first days, the first hours (whatever) after you come back to life on the beach (or lord-knows where) that all gets forgotten.. BUT ts a WHOLE game in itself, and one of the IMPORTANT things that marks out DayZ from many other games,..it doesn't matter if it's your first time or your 500th time respawning. You're in a whole complete gameplay situation which is far (can be a LONG way) from the 'normal' middle-game.

So there are 'bambies' who respawn often and LIVE in that part of the game.. in that gameplay they stand a good chance of meeting other players, just wandering up the coast road, or running through already looted barns, or colllecting apples. .. it can be much better than trying to talk to someone anywhere near an airfield. In fact there are a million reasons why the beginning-game can be MORE interesting and much more OPEN ENDED than the mid-game.. so no one should knock it. Maybe you have technical reasons to make game comments.. but to say "bambies piss me off" is missing a BIG point about DayZ.

I said this already - I just wanted to point out that if you spawned in like in most FPS, ready for battle.. DayZ woud be about 70% - 80% less interesting right from GO.

f you're a 'serious' player you tend to forget that there are people who LIVE there around the beach and the coast road, and ALL KINDS of stuf goes on.. Tomorrow or the day after theyll still be running up wearing a torn shirt saying "Hey dude, Hi.. what you all doing?  do you want to sing a song with me?" ..or .. all knds of stuff... or "lets see if we can stay alive just eating apples.. hey some dude stole our pile of apples..." or "come to the prayer meeting" and .. whatever... or "put down your AKs and your axes all of you or I'll punch you to death", or "help! some bad guys are chasing me"

ya know...  ALL that shouldnt be missed out on.. a lot of it may be crazy, but we are all DayZ players right?.. so none of us is much more or less crazier than any other .. Having an AK AND a sniper rifle doesnt make you SANE... it doesn't even make you more experienced than the guy who has raw meat but no fire and he's asking for antibiotics he can trade you for 10 books and some worms he's found. In real life some folk are Special Services and IRL some folk are street clowns, ya know?... They are ALL in the game when it starts... also, some street clowns have good points to make. don't miss out on them. .. (Like - There are no starving street clowns with torn shirts in COD .. and that's just one reason to be HERE instead of THERE).

One time I saw a dude start reading from the Bible to a guy he met, and the guy he was reading to dropped dead on the spot. True. I swear it's true.

GOOD Game! Hey - how come you cant eat worms, hu?.. I had a hoe..

And are you brave enough to give a "bambi" a loaded shotgun? 

Enjoy

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 3