Sign in to follow this  
kmmu

Extremy Unlucky? or the norm?

So I finally got Dayz after watching videos for the longest time.  great game Love it!

Just wondering if this is the norm.    Basically this is how its been for me for 45 + hours of gameplay

Spawn in.   I'm able to find gear galore!  backpack pants, jackets, gloves anything..  can't find a weapon.  If i do find a weapon.. I never find the ammo

spawn in.   can't find a thing.  can find weapon can find ammo  yay!.. no gear   usually starve to death or die from cold.   :(

Spawn in. find all things previously,  Gear gun ammo.  I'm set!   Lag hits me  zombie kills me   :( boooo!

Best one yet.  Have the gear i need.  i get d/c or losing connection .  re enter the server   I'm stuck  can't do anything  zombie usually kills me ( 5 minutes ago. spawned in  zombie broke my arm and leg in 1 hit.  ) needless to say I died

Is this normal?  am i just having reallllllyyyy bad luck?  O yeah. and a bunch of times i got KOS with just my newbie ( bambi ) gear on. or a hacker ( moonwalking sob followed me everywhere)

Kmmu

Seems to be the norm. after 3 days of playing (yes I'm a NOOB too) I finally got it together. Got all the equipment I needed including a rifle and pistol with ammo. Was doing really well UNTIL I Alt Tab ed to a web browser I had up with the map on it, trying to figure out where I was. When I returned to the game all I saw was the infamous black screen with 2 words on it  YOU DEAD. lmao but hey  guess i just start all over .

I think its norm for a new player. Dayz is pretty unforgiving for new spawns right now. You either loot quick or risk dieing in a short amount of time....When I say this I mean basic stuff.

But I seeing more and more players saying they can't find anything what so ever and hearing this more and more, forums and in game. I thinks this is all server based. So if you in a city and have been trying to loot and have not found a thing after 10 or 15 min of looking, try loging into a new server. Much of this is becuase of persistants. I have seen this quite abit, and I just log off and log on a new one.

Get go to the DayZ TV map, its asome. This is really helpful finding were things spawn. But they recently made mil loot a little bit more rare....but it still spawn.

Edited by CJFlint

After playing dayz mod for a long time i had the same experience.  It is the norm and you will get used to all those things.  Just keep up with tips and guides

As a bambi I go ballZ out to get some one else's gear, be they well armed or not. A well placed fireaxe blow to the head will leave most gear intact. Crank the volume and be constantly aware of the sounds you make and the sounds in your proximity. I've survived many an encounter by being the more aware. Some of the best gaming instances arise from having nothing to lose. You have nothing to fear but fear itself... or losing that AKM you spent 15 hours finding.  

Also, once you're geared to the teeth, head for Devil's castle. The scaffolding there is almost guaranteed to break your legs...

Edited by samueljamesgorman

yeah soon you will learn that the items dont mean anything, it's not worth talking to anyone and there's not enough development going on to keep this game interesting

• Like 1

In Mother Chernarus, environment destroys you!

yeah soon you will learn that the items dont mean anything, it's not worth talking to anyone and there's not enough development going on to keep this game interesting

Here's some cheese to go with your whine.

cheese-cubes.jpg

Edited by Sacha

So I finally got Dayz after watching videos for the longest time.  great game Love it!

Just wondering if this is the norm.    Basically this is how its been for me for 45 + hours of gameplay

Spawn in.   I'm able to find gear galore!  backpack pants, jackets, gloves anything..  can't find a weapon.  If i do find a weapon.. I never find the ammo

spawn in.   can't find a thing.  can find weapon can find ammo  yay!.. no gear   usually starve to death or die from cold.   :(

Spawn in. find all things previously,  Gear gun ammo.  I'm set!   Lag hits me  zombie kills me   :( boooo!

Best one yet.  Have the gear i need.  i get d/c or losing connection .  re enter the server   I'm stuck  can't do anything  zombie usually kills me ( 5 minutes ago. spawned in  zombie broke my arm and leg in 1 hit.  ) needless to say I died

Is this normal?  am i just having reallllllyyyy bad luck?  O yeah. and a bunch of times i got KOS with just my newbie ( bambi ) gear on. or a hacker ( moonwalking sob followed me everywhere)

Kmmu

Hey, to be honest the part which is normal is the re-spawning. Everything else is just luck. Unless you want to hermit in the forest, you don't live very long in DayZ, and to become a hermit you still need to get through the initial first hour of stabilising your character and getting everything you need to survive in the wilderness. Many people enjoy the wilderness survival aspect of the game, and it certainly possible to live out in the wilds indefinitely if you get the right gear.

The basics you'll need for living in the forest (anyone feel free to correct me) are; an Axe, 6 slot pants, warm jacket (down jacket is a good one), a kitchen knife for skinning, rags, a backpack (either a standard one, or find a burlap sack and rope to make one, you can upgrade it later with sticks), water bottle or flask are good, but you can live from ponds etc. Ideally you'd want a rifle for hunting as well. 

best is to join an empty server where none has looted yet to gear up, you'll be ready to go within 30mins

Luck of the draw. I run into the hills as soon as I have some clothes a melee weapon and a bag. Then loot military bases and gear up from there.

• Like 1

You're like me when I started the game for the first time. You will die over and over again, don't worry.

After I learned this game the first thing I did was finding people who are new to the game and assist them. If you also need assistance, drop me a PM.

Edited by Yazar8

This is totally normal. Your first several toons will die or have funny things happen to it. Soon you will recognise buildings that have priority loot, such as guns or food or medical supplies. One you know where to look for certain things, your life will become easier, you'll live longer and be more efficient at surviving. Good luck

DayZ has about the same learning curve as the Olympic Pentathlon. 

Came over from WarZ (ISS) to DayZ and I must say that yes its the norm, in both games.

People tend to KoS even towards bambis, obviously there are exceptions.

As for the loot galore/absence this is persistent or server time dependend. Example. If i look at server times and join a rather empty server (with 4h restart) at 15:30<time listed  this server has been running probably since 12:00 so been online for 3,5 hours (obviously by this time the coast has been picked clean)

So regarding the loot, pick servers wisely.

Regarding the KoS deal with it, will never change people like to troll, how sad it is even.

DCing? yeah that one sucks monkeyballs.

Keep at it tho, it will get easier/better.

-McWendy-

I don't get it guys.. Just tonight in 2 hours playtime    Found mosin ammo  m4 ammo shotgun pellets 22 ammo 45 cal ammo.  NO guns.  Had a fireaxe but i Bleed to death from bleeding  Already exhausted my shirt for rags, searched at least 15 houses,  didn't find a single shirt, rag bandanna bandage.

i die

Spawn in north of Novo.. search the " big building " find sporter, 45 cal handgun.. search the Police station nothing.  zombies hitting me through the floor, i start to bleed again I bleed out again. 

I'm using maps, i'm doing the best i can  loot police stations, fire stations  finding the grocery stores.. I'm never finding things that i need to keep surviving. its like the game knows what i need and gets rid of it all.  its always feast and famine for the exact things i need and don't really need.  they're times i have 9 bandages  Do i need them. never cause i never bleed,  Usually get shot.

I've even froze to death cause i couldn't find clothes  even server jumping

Maybe its the Dayz gods breaking me in.  idk