Sign in to follow this  
Tatanko

Map Changes in 0.50.125214

It's that time again. So far in this Experimental build of 0.50, we have the newest addition to the military family: a base near Kamensk (above Severograd) in the North.

iRa1Mjb.jpg

g44e6pX.jpg

f3wYb2c.jpg

R9dq8QG.jpg

c0OHS7I.jpg

rOniWGZ.jpg

5Nhlths.jpg

HrqbBhe.jpg

• Like 6

I love the look of the ruined hangers

As do I. I'm hoping to see ruined vehicles in them in the future.

• Like 1

Is this the Tisy Military base?

I initially thought so as well, but actually it isn't. This is north of Severograd at 077 005. I had no idea a military base would end up in this location.

Better enjoy it while we can as Senshi said he was gonna remove it, as it wasn't meant to exist...  :(

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213142-twitter-senchi-this-ugly-milbase-in-experimental-patch-is-not-supposed-to-be-here/

Maybe he just means he will relocate it, who knows.

• Like 1

Better enjoy it while we can as Senshi said he was gonna remove it, as it wasn't meant to exist...  :(

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213142-twitter-senchi-this-ugly-milbase-in-experimental-patch-is-not-supposed-to-be-here/

Maybe he just means he will relocate it, who knows.

I'm thinking it will probably just be removed until it's ready, perhaps for 0.50 Stable or 0.51 Experimental. Either way, I am going back there this evening to take some more shots of the underground areas before it disappears. I fully expect it to be gone next Wednesday with the Experimental update ;)

• Like 1

I'm thinking it will probably just be removed until it's ready, perhaps for 0.50 Stable or 0.51 Experimental. Either way, I am going back there this evening to take some more shots of the underground areas before it disappears. I fully expect it to be gone next Wednesday with the Experimental update ;)

I'm hoping to get there to see it at least once before it gets removed. When the experimental patch went live, I jumped right in and didn't know it was there. I was in Severograd and sadly didn't go see it at that time...

Hoping to check it out tonight. (if I survive the trip,  ;)  )

Edit: Made it! Grabbed some shots explored it for a while. I like it. When I read that the whole "underground" thing was possibly only gonna be simple basements and such, I was gladly surprised to see the underground bunker/biohazard dump at the base. :thumbsup:  It's fairly simple, but deeper than I thought, so the possibilities for underground facilities get much more interesting.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

So I mistakenly believed that there was only one underground area in this new base. I visited another area on the outskirts of the base, and this one you're actually able to exit once you're in. Be warned though, the ladder does not go the whole way down and you will drop a few feet when you reach the bottom. It will likely ruin your pants and boots (and anything inside them), so you'll need to decide whether it's worth it or not. Instead, you can just enjoy these shots I took:

bwWZ0vu.jpg

opmAjK0.jpg

aDJPsTY.jpg

• Like 2

I went into the big one, all the way to the bottom, and back up again. Was there a problem with not being able to get out? Or just your basic DayZ ladder of death?

2r56vja.jpg

21460yc.jpg

• Like 2

I went into the big one, all the way to the bottom, and back up again. Was there a problem with not being able to get out? Or just your basic DayZ ladder of death?

Wait, is that the one behind the prison building? From my viewpoint up top, it didn't look like the ladder went down nearly far enough to allow you to get back out. The one I just posted pictures of was on the western end of the base, closer to where the brown brick garage buildings are. Where is this "big one" you've posted? I was also under the impression that there was a third, one that you couldn't enter (it may have a grate you can look through?).

Wait, is that the one behind the prison building? From my viewpoint up top, it didn't look like the ladder went down nearly far enough to allow you to get back out. The one I just posted pictures of was on the western end of the base, closer to where the brown brick garage buildings are. Where is this "big one" you've posted? I was also under the impression that there was a third, one that you couldn't enter (it may have a grate you can look through?).

It's the one behind the barracks, o top of the hill. It has 4 "levels" of stairs, and on the 2nd level you gotta be careful because pressing "s" (going backwards) 1 second too long can mean death as there's nothing behind you.

The camera gets easily "stuck" on the walls when going down, changing the perspective drastically.

j6szmg.jpg

It's the one behind the barracks, o top of the hill. It has 4 "levels" of stairs, and on the 2nd level you gotta be careful because pressing "s" (going backwards) 1 second too long can mean death as there's nothing behind you.

The camera gets easily "stuck" on the walls when going down, changing the perspective drastically.

Thanks so much, Odin. I'll take a look again later when I make my way back East.

There are 3 you can enter. 1 you cannot get out of. 1 with some ladders of death ( the deep one)

• Like 2

Those underground shots kinda remind me of 'The Last of Us'. It's that grungy, messy, unmaintained post apocalypse vibe

• Like 1

There are 3 you can enter. 1 you cannot get out of. 1 with some ladders of death ( the deep one)

Where is the other at? If you don't mind me asking...

I honestly don't even know I have seen 3 now in videos, this one in the OP and then these 2:

On this one about 9 minutes in.

Edited by escobert
  • Like 1

Got to see the largest underground area finally tonight. I even built a fire at the bottom :D

lmz1ttO.jpg

e8yiXhp.jpg

vjmc5Wm.jpg

3NT7Cyw.jpg

What's up with lens flare underground? :p