hypergolem

Why am I dying suddenly?

I played today after a couple of weeks and I died twice already without any reason. Anybody know what is going on?

There are a few insta-death bugs in the current build. :(

Keep an eye out for the notification in red in the chat box. Sometimes I'll log into a server and my screen will be all black and a text will pop up saying something along the lines of "Your character model could not be loaded and has been reset, and Administrator has been notified"

Obama seems a likely candidate. 

Or Global Warming as mentioned above.. either or. 

Obama seems a likely candidate. 

Or Global Warming as mentioned above.. either or. 

Lupus?

I played today after a couple of weeks and I died twice already without any reason. Anybody know what is going on?

Were you on a first floor or some other high place?  The infamous "fall through the pavement" bug has been killing hordes of survivors.

Been alive 4 days now, tons of gear, I won't climb stairs.

Actually I need to suicide and pick my gear back up.

half implemented spinal injury mechanic the devs implemented by mistake. After a certain amount of over time, you will be one shot regardless of heath.

Im gonna start a pool if anyone wants to get in on this.

I got 5 bucks on black holes.

Hi, I am Paxom, and doing research on sudden instant death and Hit Points impact.

Preliminary results here

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213065-sudden-instant-death-and-player-hit-points/

Could you please provide description of events, leading to your sudden death ?

Also, any estimations, how many hours were in your life, how much accumulated damage did you take from zeds, how many shoots, how many times were your arms/legs broken, how many splints did you use, how many time did you bleed, were you hit by zeds from distance greater than 10m while sprinting, or from another floor than you are in a building, death was on stairs, ladders, or 2nd/3rd floor in what building, etc.

Any even little clue may be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am Paxom, and doing research on sudden instant death and Hit Points impact.

Preliminary results here

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213065-sudden-instant-death-and-player-hit-points/

Could you please provide description of events, leading to your sudden death ?

Also, any estimations, how many hours were in your life, how much accumulated damage did you take from zeds, how many shoots, how many times were your arms/legs broken, how many splints did you use, how many time did you bleed, were you hit by zeds from distance greater than 10m while sprinting, or from another floor than you are in a building, death was on stairs, ladders, or 2nd/3rd floor in what building, etc.

Any even little clue may be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Well i was about 30 minutes in game. I got hit once by a Zed but I was not bleeding. I was wearing a women's grey coat and the UK army vest. I was shaking (message in red) but I was not hungry and I was hydrated, I was in Chernogorsk in the park near the fire station, running. Suddenly black screen, no sounds, You are dead...

Well i was about 30 minutes in game. I got hit once by a Zed but I was not bleeding. I was wearing a women's grey coat and the UK army vest. I was shaking (message in red) but I was not hungry and I was hydrated, I was in Chernogorsk in the park near the fire station, running. Suddenly black screen, no sounds, You are dead...

Thank you.

Well, it was not Hit Points accumulated impact, but rather something like very old classic Kolgaz snipe, nothing unusual or strange here, given you are not only player on server.

If it was from firestation tower, you'd prolly hear shot, but may be not if desync.

You probably got shot. The game for two reasons may not have let you hear the sound. First reason is it is supposed to work that the bullet travels faster then the gunshot sound, so if you take one to the head you just drop over. Second is that right now there is a bug where gunshots wont sound very frequently.

You ruined my day.

2mqko4w.png

I already discounted your research in that topic. Unless you have new information its most likely bone damage and not the confusing information coming out of that thread.
Edited by Judopunch

I already discounted your research in that topic. Unless you have new information its most likely bone damage and not the confusing information coming out of that thread.

Please post where did you find this bone damage, coz I was looking and didn't find it. Meanwhile I have found many other interesting things, but not bones, spinal or otherwise.

Better PM me first.

Please post where did you find this bone damage, coz I was looking and didn't find it. Meanwhile I have found many other interesting things, but not bones, spinal or otherwise.

Better PM me first.

Wobo vid about insta death link

This is video, not a game itself. Thats how its all started, I have watched it dozen times.

Let me repeat my question more clearly:

Please post where did you find this bone damage in game, not in any video, or any other 3rd party source, coz I was looking in game and didn't find it. Meanwhile I have found many other interesting things, but not bones, spinal or otherwise.