Sign in to follow this  
LanceroxD (DayZ)

Do you love it?

I've played a lot of games in my life, i aint be lying if i say that ive played more than 1000 games , but this game has been the only one that has given me the adrenaline that im becoming addict, even the most little encounter witth another players can give me huge dosis of this hormone.

but the one that gives me more adrenaline is when im hunting someone. my poor heart pump like crazy :v

Edited by LanceroxD
  • Like 9

Damn dude! Never think about or add up how much money you've spent on 1000 games! How long to you play each one, a week?

But yes I agree. No game has ever got my heart pumping on occasion like this one. It's also the kind of game where you can tell someone a whole story about a battle or experience you had and it nearly sounds like it was real. Try doing that in most pvp games where you kill, die and re-spawn never to think of that moment again. I still remember some epic battles from the mod from like 2 years ago!

Damn dude! Never think about or add up how much money you've spent on 1000 games! How long to you play each one, a week?

But yes I agree. No game has ever got my heart pumping on occasion like this one. It's also the kind of game where you can tell someone a whole story about a battle or experience you had and it nearly sounds like it was real. Try doing that in most pvp games where you kill, die and re-spawn never to think of that moment again. I still remember some epic battles from the mod from like 2 years ago!

agreed most of my friends started playing after I would go to work and tell them stories about my sessions the night before. they'd say no way its like a movie or that sounds badass followed by a hundred questions about what you can do in game and I would just tell them buy it and find out. and of course they would acquire a dayz addiction shortly after or be a little bitch and say it was to hard but then again you can't please everyone.stories are what make the game IMHO especially after those nights with a real good close call when you think your times up and you somehow come out on top the victor.

• Like 1

I've played a lot of games in my life, i aint be lying if i say that ive played more than 1000 games , but this game has been the only one that has given me the adrenaline that im becoming addict, even the most little encounter witth another players can give me huge dosis of this hormone.

but the one that gives me more adrenaline is when im hunting someone. my poor heart pump like crazy :v

Thats a lot of mull! But with that said I was one the first on the boat the day they released this game and still can't stop playing it!

Edited by freakinFreddy

1000 games ,with  Utorrent is not that expensive , and im talking about all the kind of consoles, indie games, free games etc etc 

Edited by LanceroxD
  • Like 1

Piracy kills the industry, dude.

$50 games with release day DLCs kill the industry, dude.

• Like 7

Totally agreed, this game is a one of a kind feature. No matter how buggy it is, I'll never give up on dear DayZ.

$50 games with release day DLCs kill the industry, dude.

And $500 million budgets for over-hyped, mediocre games!

• Like 5

I'm 31 and been playing online games since the age of 13 or so with online MUDs. In the last 8 years I haven't really seen a game to capture me like this one (Ultima Online was the last). DayZ has so much potential as a MMPOG to become a super addicting, large scale following type game. If it cleans up the bugs, adds features, keeps the balance of players right and keeps the game very difficult, it will do very well. The problem is, developers want to sell the most games, so they end up nerfing these games to become some sort of soft, easy, instant gratification play style which drives long term players away. Hopefully they don't make this mistake.

Why is this game so good? Because it allows you the ultimate freedom to move about the world as you wish. You can role play or not. You can be evil or be good without declaring to some sort of preset fabricated "class". The momentary adrenaline rush and the 95% of boredom is something a lot of gamers thrive on. Searching 100 buildings to finally find that can of beans which keeps you alive...

Where should it go?

a) Instant death bugs need to be eliminated.

b) A market system should be established, or the mechanism to do so, through very minimal in-game programming. (i.e. no safe zones)

c) Vehicles should be very difficult to put together or make operational.

d) Character reward based on living longer.

• Like 2

I agree with A and C, B I 'm not too sure about since I loathe anything that imposes sets of rules on certain actions.

D, not so much. Survival should be its own reward.

I absolutely love it. For example after 30mins of sneaking around NWAF, seeing nobody in sight but being very carefull, I fire a shot without warning near my friends feet to mess with them and they litteraly sh** themselves yelling "we are under fiiireee, run for your liiivees" Edited by Calvin Candie
  • Like 3

I absolutely love it. For example after 30mins of sneaking around NWAF, seeing nobody in sight but being very carefull, I fire a shot without warning near my friends feet to mess with them and they litteraly sh** themselves yelling "we are under fiiireee, run for your liiivees"

Bullet ricochet wall punching ftw!

There's nothing quite like DayZ. We're all essentially participating in an early access alpha and not even playing anything resembling the release version, and I'm still thinking the ~$30 USD I spent on it after playing 600+ hours is a great bargain. All of the hope, anticipation, anxiety, stress, loss, hopelessness, frustration, surprise, and sense of accomplishment is a rollercoaster that I like a lot. DayZ is good stuff, some of the changes take some getting used to but in general I look forward to any updates that come along every Wednesday. In the end, there's one great thing about an early access alpha - weird shit happens that's hilarious that may only last a week but you get to enjoy the devs accomplishments along with their failures and I think it's part of what I like about DayZ currently.

... except for the insta stair death bug, that one is a freaking jerk.

• Like 2

I play other games but I always come back to DayZ. I tried playing ArcheAge, couldn't get into it. Nothings the same now that I've played this :(

We're all essentially participating in an early access alpha and not even playing anything resembling the release version

You're a dreamer

Dayz has been the only game ive played consistently for several years...started in the mod at some point. The emphasis on realistic gameplay, huge open world and multiplayer is what does it for me.

Totally agreed, this game is a one of a kind feature. No matter how buggy it is, I'll never give up on dear DayZ.

This game could literally become one of the few legendary games like Diablo, Heroes of Might&Magic, Doom, Quake, Warcraft-Starcraft.

But will it?

I hope so.

Long way to go

• Like 1

The adrenaline rush I get, fucking hell.

Even the pitter patter of foot steps several meters away gets me pumped up. Tunnel vision, paranoia, hyper - sensitivity (hearing and sight senses are boosted), I love it.

Keep it up, DayZ.

DayZ and Socom.

The only 2 games Ive ever played that genuinely immersed me to the point of damn near heart attack. 

:D

Piracy kills the industry, dude.

Lol i havent seen any big company dying cuz someone piracy their games. ubisoft, Ea . dam poor of them , they lost the money for the bus ''sigh''

Edited by LanceroxD

Lol i havent seen any big company dying cuz someone piracy their games. ubisoft, Ea . dam poor of them , they lost the money for the bus ''sigh''

What?

Piracy doesn't kill the "big" companies, because they have more than enough money to take the hit from piracy.

Piracy kills the smaller, "indie" companies, the ones that come out with awesome games, instead of the same shit over and over again. So, by pirating, you are promoting and propagating a culture that is, in essence, strangling and stagnating the growth of the gaming industry as a whole. It doesn't matter what or from who you pirate.

TL:DR you are a prick, and should feel bad about yourself.