OmpaLompa

Smersh Vests: Holy grail? + Mi-8 crash sites in general.

You don't it's just the new super rare item that makes you say look at me I have a whole 8 extra inventory slots.

You mean 4 .... High cap has 12.. smersh has 16 great for a hidden Axe or x4 protector cases :D

the best part is how Chris T said the SMERSH wasn't supposed to be a helicopter wreck exclusive spawn. Who is fucking up the spawn coding right now?

the best part is how Chris T said the SMERSH wasn't supposed to be a helicopter wreck exclusive spawn. Who is fucking up the spawn coding right now?

Which brings the question as to when these are going to spawn in the world a tiny bit more commonly? Because as of right now i cant find anything.

Is it possible to see Mi8's from a decent way off?  I've pretty much only looked for smoke so far.

Not as easy as spotting UH60s, because of the smoke, but you'd be surprised. Mi8s will still show up within 1000m in good weather, and are quite visible. Plus they spawn in the same locations, so you're likely to know where you're looking.

I really wouldn't bother though :)

Isn't it so that everything will be reset on the 049 update? Whats the point of saving stuff up? 

Isn't it so that everything will be reset on the 049 update? Whats the point of saving stuff up? 

Uh. you might be a bit behind the times. We had 0.49 on stable, and the wipe, about three weeks ago.

• Like 1

I have 2 smersh vests that are pristine if anyone wants please go to the trader post section and look at what I want for them :)

Uh. you might be a bit behind the times. We had 0.49 on stable, and the wipe, about three weeks ago.

Ohh.. So I've been living in fear for it all disappearing on wednesday for no reason, lol. Thanks for the heads up lad

Ohh.. So I've been living in fear for it all disappearing on wednesday for no reason, lol. Thanks for the heads up lad

No prob. A lot of servers still seem to be running the outdated warning. Mind you, I live in fear of it all disappearing for no reason all the time <_<

Perhaps it's time to lower the rate of helo's spawning since who the hell is flying these things anyway and don't have them smoking. A year after the outbreak we're still seeing 100 shopper crashes a day? Lower the spawn rate but make them all spawn good gear.

I think choppers should come in 3 stages.

In the first month after release day, have them smoking.

after the next month, have them rusted and some weeds around them.

The next month have them pretty well overgrown and leave it like that.

If the devs can roll out a changing world around us imagine how cool that would be. How you were there at the start when everything was clean and now, you're just a bitter survivor hacking back vines just to get inside a store.

A year after the outbreak we're still seeing 100 shopper crashes a day?

DAMN YOU WALMARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!  >8O

shopping-trolley-accident-300x224.jpg

• Like 1

DAMN YOU WALMARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!  >8O

shopping-trolley-accident-300x224.jpg

LOL oops! :lol:

should the actual vest its self not have some capacity as well?

I found a Smersh backpack in the barracks by Zeleno last night, maybe someone dropped it, but it was there.

The backpacks spawn in barracks and are not uncommon. The vests don't, and are.

Odd how the spawns go, that first time I saw one the other night, and then finding 6 last night in the space of a few hours. Same thing with Longhorns. Never found one before, never looked for one either but I found 3 last night, and another two UH-60s. Go figure. Feast or famine.

Tell me about it. Yesterday I made 50 crash site runs. I found no UH60 crashes at all. Today I logged in on the off chance and found two within 300m of each other. Then I relogged and found another two in a single run.

One day perhaps someone who is better at maths and probability theory than me will write up some proper complex equations for DayZ spawns. But it's important to bear this in mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

The fact that something has spawned at a particular place at a particular time makes it no less likely that it will respawn in any other server you subsequently visit.

so, the vest spawns with a backpack attached, but it's not, you need to actually attach another backpack onto it, the model stays the same but your capacity doubles to 16 slots..  well it was surprise to me anyways.

I'll trade my Smersh Vest and the rest of my equipment for PM73 RAK only!

Ut05bp4.jpg

Feel free to PM me!

Edited by Jack the Ripper

I'll trade my Smersh Vest and the rest of my equipment for PM73 RAK only!

Ut05bp4.jpg

Feel free to PM me!

If you had the mp handguard it would look nice!

MP handguard is not that good looking in my opinion, that's why I took the other one which is looking better.

Maybe I will paint the MP back to black color but I am not sure.

How on earth did u get all those 60 round mags?  And you want a weak little 9mm submachine gun? I am assuming you are joking.  I had an MPK and one day I was in the downstairs prison cell and saw this guy running towards the prison doors with a mosin so I raise my weapon but keep it raised only to chest level so as not to spook him and I just stand at the cell doorway bc it was a "friendly server" so I didnt want to shoot but wanted to be ready in case.  He runs in and turns to enter the cell and we are face to face for a couple seconds and then the dick fires and shoots me in the chest and I immediately push and hold the right mouse button and emptied the entire 30 round clip into him before he falls.  It took several seconds of automatic fire ON TARGET at point blank to kill him, giving him time to chamber another mosin round, shoot me again and then almost a third time.  I was like wtf he is going on here hes not going down!  I then passed out right after he fell but woke up 3-5 mins later and survived.  Those guns are less effective than an axe based on the damage the game has assigned to them.  My personal opinion is they are a death sentence and can't even defeat a mosin at close quarter combat!  I know people say you must go for the head with these guns but in most gun battles I have been in there is no time to even take aim down sights let alone get a headshot on a moving target when the third person white dot hits a varying degress of low at different distances.  A burst of AK101 or M4 in the chest at point blank kills 10x faster.

• Like 1

I want it because the PM73 RAK is the rarest weapon in the whole game?!

How on earth did u get all those 60 round mags?

Uhm.. I "found" it.. ;)