Sign in to follow this  
Coday

NO TO <KILL ON SIGHT> ! - DayZ Standalone

Well that weren't well chosen examples. In most cases, I try to run away when I see another full-equipped guy. Most people kill you without any communication. People aren't interested in the loot of others survivors. The players kill other people on sight because they want to complete a nice kill. They just have fun because they killed someone, they feel proud of themselve and rejoice at the bad luck of the dead survivor. And that's not the sense of the game !!! It would be great if all Survivors don't kill other players if those aren't a danger for them and if those don't have any desirous gear. If they still want some action , I would like them to give other survivors a chance to survive. If there is the possibilty, the can force them to surrender (roleplay). If you don't kill on sight, you can still revenge your death, rob other survivors, kill players (and fresh-spawns) who attack you (or are a danger for you) and you can still kill other players who for example kill on sight.

The best argument: If you just want to kill other players and aren't interested in survival features or interacting with other survivors , play Battlefield, CS GO or CoD.

Coday, don't try to argue or justify why KoS is a "bad" mentality (like it or not people, it is fundamentally bad) with General Zod. The way he replies over on the forums and how he shows his convictions clearly demonstrate he's evil, or at least his intentions are. He seem to have a lot of anger in real life and evacuate excess rage in DayZ. (and probably other video games)

Everyone has his own argument to "justify" killing other players, pretty much like in real life, how humans advocate religion, "freedom", territory, money or even vengeance to kill another human.

Curious thing the human mind.

Coday, don't try to argue or justify why KoS is a "bad" mentality (like it or not people, it is fundamentally bad) with General Zod. The way he replies over on the forums and how he shows his convictions clearly demonstrate he's evil, or at least his intentions are. He seem to have a lot of anger in real life and evacuate excess rage in DayZ. (and probably other video games)

Everyone has his own argument to "justify" killing other players, pretty much like in real life, how humans advocate religion, "freedom", territory, money or even vengeance to kill another human.

Curious thing the human mind.

Thanks that's really nice of you. 

And yes you're right I am an angry person. But I also don't try to justify my kills. 

That being said, why are you approaching armed strangers ? Seriously ? This games features perma death. This makes people paranoid about their gears. And than you come in, running up to someone who does not know you, trying to get close, too close for comfort. 

And than you are surprised those people shoot you ? 

Some people don't want you around, they don't want to interact with you, you potentially back stabbing "friend" is that so hard to comprehend ? 

• Like 1

You know private shards are coming? Once these arrive, server admins will have the rights to impose rules like these. Official word.

Aye and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle but thats not the case right now.

• Like 2

It's really sad when people can't do anything but turn a game like DayZ into a mindless PvP game and act like they don't have the capacity to understand how playing with some imagination or desiring immersive realism can be fun.  

Think The Walking Dead.  I'm so sick of hearing the useless and ignorant arguments that "in real life everyone would just kill everyone else." In real life 90% of people would NOT be sociopaths killing everyone every chance they get, using their own life to hunt down and kill others for entertainment "fun," no matter what the situation. History proves that.  And if you think that history has nothing to say for chaos on par with a zombie apocalypse, then sadly you don't know history. Yes, there will be some demented crazies who surface when society doesn't pose inhibition, and woe to us all when they get into power - and yes there will be some who feel they must kill those they come across for their own protection, but the majority of average people will try to create some order amidst the chaos and will be averse to murder when avoidance would suffice - again - history proves this and it can't even be argued otherwise unless you are totally ignorant or only pick isolated anecdotes that are not representative.

Again, yes there will be individuals and even groups that amount to murdering psychopaths - many of us simply feel disappointed that the PvP mentality puts the DayZ experience far out of balance with reality and feel that by creating like-minded communities focused on immersion and at least an attempt at realism the game would be deeper and better.

Some of us envision a DayZ world that feels more like an immersive reality, where, yes, you might be killed outright without question by a psychopath or bandit group, but you're far more likely to have a different encounter - either avoidance, robbery, or perhaps warning shots, or maybe even a tentative helping hand.  There are just very few people who will stoop to murdering outright for self interest or for fun the way they will in a video game they are playing with a PvP mindset.

It eventually comes down to whether you want to PvP or whether you want DayZ to be a more immersive role playing experience like finding yourself really living in this environment.  Some choose the former, and many are hoping that private shard servers will provide a platform that makes the latter possible, but that would of course necessitate the exclusion of the PvP types from these communities.  To each their own or something like that.

• Like 1

What examples ?  The second line is pure sarcasm. 

Yes and that's my point. 

Why the fuck are you running up to me ? Do I know you ? Do I have a sign saying - run up to me lets be friendly ? 

I will shoot anyone who gets too close to me, even you have nothing. You see me ? Run the opposite fucking direction before I decide to shot you. I don't want to talk to you. I try to avoid killing those who do not want PvP or have no weapons but if you run up to me with "Hey buddy I'm friendly" I will shoot you on general principle and than rape your corpse. If I meet you in a military base, I will kill you, can't take that risk. 

This is the type of pacifist that makes me want to go on killing spree. 

Best argument : If you are stupid enough to run up to an armed player who does not know you, you deserve to die. This is not sims, people will not risk their life just because some random stranger just claimed to be friendly. They probably were killed several times by people who said I'm friendly. 

Day_Z_10_10_2014_10_11_49_640.jpg

Day_Z_10_10_2014_10_12_32_388.jpg

This is from today, just me and that guy on the server. He lived, you know why, because the second he spotted me he ran in a different direction. I had clear shot on him before he even knew I was there. But he made the right choice of staying away. You'd be wise to do the same. 

It seems as if you are unable to react on my previous answer. Unable to understand. I outlined that running towards other players isn't to the fore. Why do you always stick to the point that people get killed on sight because they are running up directly to an armed player ? I often get killed on sight while fleeing for not being killed. Like I said, the examples weren't well chosen. So please calm down. It's nice that you don't kill other players if they don't approach.

@dashender7

And in real life would you approach every armed guy shouting and giving your presence ? Would you really take that risk ?

Because this is just as unrealistic as everyone being a sociopath and a killer. 

It seems as if you are unable to react on my previous answer. Unable to understand. I outlined that running towards other players isn't to the fore. Why do you always stick to the point that people get killed on sight because they are running up directly to an armed player ? I often get killed on sight while fleeing for not being killed. Like I said, the examples weren't well chosen. So please calm down. It's nice that you don't kill other players if they don't approach.

Ok I may have misread your post. My bad. 
Edited by General Zod

You know private shards are coming? Once these arrive, server admins will have the rights to impose rules like these. Official word.

true words

It's really sad when people can't do anything but turn a game like DayZ into a mindless PvP game and act like they don't have the capacity to understand how playing with some imagination or desiring immersive realism can be fun.  

Think The Walking Dead.  I'm so sick of hearing the useless and ignorant arguments that "in real life everyone would just kill everyone else." In real life 90% of people would NOT be sociopaths killing everyone every chance they get, using their own life to hunt down and kill others for entertainment "fun," no matter what the situation. History proves that.  And if you think that history has nothing to say for chaos on par with a zombie apocalypse, then sadly you don't know history. Yes, there will be some demented crazies who surface when society doesn't pose inhibition, and woe to us all when they get into power - and yes there will be some who feel they must kill those they come across for their own protection, but the majority of average people will try to create some order amidst the chaos and will be averse to murder when avoidance would suffice - again - history proves this and it can't even be argued otherwise unless you are totally ignorant or only pick isolated anecdotes that are not representative.

Again, yes there will be individuals and even groups that amount to murdering psychopaths - many of us simply feel disappointed that the PvP mentality puts the DayZ experience far out of balance with reality and feel that by creating like-minded communities focused on immersion and at least an attempt at realism the game would be deeper and better.

Some of us envision a DayZ world that feels more like an immersive reality, where, yes, you might be killed outright without question by a psychopath or bandit group, but you're far more likely to have a different encounter - either avoidance, robbery, or perhaps warning shots, or maybe even a tentative helping hand.  There are just very few people who will stoop to murdering outright for self interest or for fun the way they will in a video game they are playing with a PvP mindset.

It eventually comes down to whether you want to PvP or whether you want DayZ to be a more immersive role playing experience like finding yourself really living in this environment.  Some choose the former, and many are hoping that private shard servers will provide a platform that makes the latter possible, but that would of course necessitate the exclusion of the PvP types from these communities.  To each their own or something like that.

I agree. Thanks for your comment.

Sociopaths do not posses a sense of morality which in a scenario of apocalypse gives them evolutionary advantage.

History proves that.  

And if history has proven anything it is that evolution always wins. 

Edited by General Zod

Aye and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle but thats not the case right now.

I didn't say it was the case right now. There's currently a lot of abuse by server admins.

I personally don't mind KoS and accept it as it's part of DayZ, the current state of the game and there's nothing we can do about it. But I understand why many don't like it at all and can't wait for the private shards to come along so they can reign over their little virtual kingdom. ;)

• Like 1

+1, great idea buddy.

Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

[snip]

Think The Walking Dead.

[/snip] 

I love it when people use fiction as a reference for how a totally different fiction should be.

Not that I entirely disagree, but it is funny seeing how many DayZ players insist upon using TWD as a reference for what would actually happen in the apocalypse. 

So simple, and with a legitimate argument that is easy to understand. Awesome sound track. Germany.

Subbed ;-)

I am happy that you like my video :) Thanks for your comment !

Really enjoyed that video. Well done! No to KOS!!!

I usually let other people determine my play style. I will ask them if they're friendly and I would say 60 percent of the people I have met are. The other 40 percent either try's to kill, kidnap or torture me. I will not KOS, I survive!

• Like 1

Sociopaths do not posses a sense of morality which in a scenario of apocalypse gives them evolutionary advantage.

And if history has proven anything it is that evolution always wins. 

Wow, I almost can't even begin to dissect the thoughtlessness of this statement.  You don't even have to be a serious student of anthropology or history to know how ridiculous such a point of view is. So in your own words, sociopaths who kill for fun have the evolutionary advantage, and you think history proves this?

Maybe higher evolution always wins -sure. But to understand evolution as being evidenced by simply whoever can mindlessly and dispassionately kill the most effectively and enjoy it while doing it is just ignorant and sad - in the scientific community that would be called de-evolution; the change of a species into more primitive animalistic forms. Look it up and educate yourself.

The highest developed, most knowledgeable, safest, most thriving human societies throughout known history - the ones that have contributed to scientific knowledge, understanding of the universe, and advancement of the human race - all have a few things in common despite different worldviews, religions, etc. Among those are a deep sense of order, some rule of law, an idea of the common good, a desire to make order and beauty as they see it out of chaos, and to band together in order to be stronger and survive and thrive more effectively.

Sociopaths do not in fact have the advantage. Instead, in reality they have the greatest disadvantage over time. Rather than build something of lasting value, they will kill off the human capital around them - sure this make work for a very short time, but they will make enemies and expose themselves to the danger of those they prey on as their prey tries to defend itself.  When they do try to band together, because of their psychotic nature, they will only be able to find the company of those as twisted and morally vacant as themselves, or of those who eventually resent their manipulation. This will further expose them to the kind of back-stabbing, betrayal, and impotent power-hungry ambition that destroys both individuals and any form of thriving society between individuals.

No, my friend, the morally vacant sociopath does not represent the highest form of human evolution, but rather the lowest form of de-evolution. Qualities like trust, compassion, nobility, selflessness, courage, and integrity are almost universally valued and striven for amongst the human race, and certainly so among those societies that have thrived, because they foster the environment for advancement in knowledge and understanding, artistic beauty, creativity, and plenty in terms of material needs if not also for some less understood, less concrete value of the human psyche or soul (depending on the worldview).

There are only a few antiquated voices of note in academia who tried to promote the view you espouse and they are better known today for the destroyers of human beauty and life they inspired in the modern age than anything else.  So if you want to come right out and say you admire the likes of Joseph Stalin or Adolf *&%^ or whoever, then go for it, but otherwise please have some personal intelligence and integrity and stop promoting these silly thoughts.

• Like 1

@dashender7

Good points everywhere. Except for one thing, I said they have advantage in case of an apocalypse where everyone is out for themselves. Why ?

Because they will not fall victim to people pretending to need help, only to stab you in the back the second you look away. 

Sure they will most likely not rebuild civilization, they probably won't even create a safe zone because they will just kill one another. But from a point of surviving on their own or in a small group, yes they do have an advantage over normal people with compassion. Because of lack of the qualities you mentioned that normal people value so much, they will not risk their lives to help others. 

On the other hand who knows, maybe they would create some twisted civilization with survival of the fittest. We never had an apocalypse so you can't be sure. 

Nice man! I support this 100%!!

Thanks for your support. I appreciate that.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that video. Well done! No to KOS!!!

I usually let other people determine my play style. I will ask them if they're friendly and I would say 60 percent of the people I have met are. The other 40 percent either try's to kill, kidnap or torture me. I will not KOS, I survive!

I appreciate that, thanks for your comment !

These are not allowed. 

Well good sir we are not launching it now, soon...

Well good sir we are not launching it now, soon...

Would it possible to post the ip of this pve server once you get it running? 

Would it possible to post the ip of this pve server once you get it running? 

Deffinately making a thread in this forum - however you can check in our Forum since you might not find it in here that easily -  i will leave you our links.

However this will take some times since we are not going to violate any rules set by Bohemia and right now any rule making for servers is prohibited.

Forum: www.DayZGameServer.com

Edited by VanValdenburg
  • Like 1