Sign in to follow this  
Dark233Play

Non Lethal Ammo For Shotguns

On like allot of people I don't like to shot on site. But as I fond out you cant trust any one on dayz any more. But I am not like them dirt bag bandit and I don't wont to tern into one of them. I know police use special shotgun rounds like bean bags and rubber bullets as a none lethal options. Heck its not hard to mod a shotgun round in real life. Heck you can lode any thing in them like rock salt as a none lethal to mess them up a little with out killing them so you can make a quick exit from a building. I think If I knew for sure some one is a bandit they deserve a bullet in the head. But for them times you just don't know but you don't wont a bullet in the back but don't wont there blood on your hands. I like to have my none lethal options.

On a side note shotgun shell modding would be all some. Man people have put ball bearings, dimes, marbles, hard candy, rebar and even gummy bears in shotgun shells. If you can fit it you can shot it.

We dont have the things to make shotgun shells with in the game, plus that would damage the barrel to shit and whoever you speak of putting rebar in their shotgun shells have a death wish. Sooner or latter we will have more non lethal weapon options.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Less than Leathal Rounds Would Be Nice
We Could Just Down Someone Who  tried to Kill  then Handcuff them And Perhaps Have a Little "Talk" Ensuring that the Experience is Unpleasant
Perhaps the Next time they Want to Kill Someone they Might think First

Rather than Just Letting them Respawn instantly And on to their Next Victim

Bonus Also Might Reduce KoS and Just Increase Temporary Hostages by Bandits and Other Players Using Non-Lethal Ammo
As Would Give them a Way to Engage Other Players on their Terms

Much Rather Be in a Bad Spot Than Dead

Edited by NokyoOkami

We dont have the things to make shotgun shells with in the game, plus that would damage the barrel to shit and whoever you speak of putting rebar in their shotgun shells have a death wish. Sooner or latter we will have more non lethal weapon options.

Maybe not make shells outright, but they're fairly easy to 'mod' existing shells.  In most shells the casing is just paper or plastic that's crimped down in the front to keep the load in, and the powder load is isolated from the 'payload' itself, so you use your fingers or a small knife/tool to uncrimp the shell, dump out the buckshot/birdshot, pour rocksalt or fit some rubber slugs into the hull and crimp it back again.  People have tried 'custom' payloads for shotgun shells (One vid I've seen the guy basically just made plastic sabots and stuffed a bolt into the shell)

MORE than Leathal Rounds Would Be Nice

We Could Just completely explode Someone Who  tried to Kill  then Handcuff them And Perhaps Have a Little "Talk" Ensuring that the Experience is Unpleasant  bathe in their blood

Perhaps the Next time they Want to Kill Someone they Might think First

Fixed this for you *hugs*

I am not a fan of non lethal shotgun shells

Edited by Bakermensch

Fixed this for you *hugs*

I am not a fan of non lethal shotgun shells

LOL They Shouldn't Let People Modify Quotes :lol: What Kind of forum Lets you Change Quotes to Say what you Want it to Say instead of what Was Said <_<

And Just Because non-Lethal is an Option Doesn't Mean Everyone Must Use 

For Instance I Hate Sniper Rifles But Doesn't Have to Not Be there ^_^

Edited by NokyoOkami
  • Like 2

rock salt shells now that'd be something,but the way I play if I have to aim a gun at you which means your doing something naughty and not friendly I'd much rather just kill the person I don't KOS but if I run across someone I can't avoid,or you are in a spot I know is for murdering folks loaded to the gills in pristine top of the line military gear with a payday mask or burlap on if I have the shot I want it to be lethal. as a person above me said though it would be good for bandits (though I think that the bandit is used rather loosely nowadays)I don't think anything in the world would stop KOS except a sanity stat where if you brutally murder folks for no reason you kill yourself which if they added that the forums would burst into flames with rage so I know its a no go. anyway I got off topic but yeah I'm down for them to add anything and everything that just equals more fun to me.

I like this, I'd think it's best to have three types, all three with varying effects, for example:

• Rock Salt - Essentially a less-lethal Buckshot with cubes of Salt acting as pellets, they do little damage but cause the inflicted person to experience agonizing pain.
  • Rubber Slug - Essentially a low-grade form of a less lethal ammo type, at close range these can potentially kill with a headshot but at ranges at 30-40 meters they can easily knock some down or out.
  • Bean Bags - What is now accepted today by Police as a less-lethal ammunition for shotguns, fires typically a bag full of a metal powder.

Due to engine limitations we will not have firearms using more than one ammo type. This is why shotgun slugs were deleted. I doubt the upcoming rework of RV will allow it.

Due to engine limitations we will not have firearms using more than one ammo type. This is why shotgun slugs were deleted. I doubt the upcoming rework of RV will allow it.

Not true, who knows why slugs were deleted but it's not some engine issue. Guns use magazines, not projectiles.

class CfgAmmo {

class BulletBase;

class bullet1 : bulletbase {

hit = 8;
typicalSpeed = 320;
airFriction = -0.0017;
};

class bullet2 : bulletbase {

hit = 10;
typicalSpeed = 900;
airFriction = -0.0011;
};

};

class CfgMagazines {

class ca_magazine;

class magazine1 : ca_magazine {

ammo = "bullet1";
count = 8;
initSpeed = 320;
};

class magazine2 : ca_magazine {

ammo = "bullet2";
count = 30;
initSpeed = 900;
};

};

class CfgWeapons {

class rifle;

class gun :rifle {

magazines[] = {"magazine1", "magazine2"};

};

};

Edited by Gews

Create a shotgun that exclusively fires beanbags then?