SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Fish Traps - They Work !! :thumbsup:

Water Bottle + Machete or Kitchen knife will make the Small Fish Trap , it will only work in the ocean. Add a few worms that you can dig up with a shovel or hoe and wade out into the water a few meters , youll get a prompt when you roll your mouse wheel to " set the trap" . I went made a fire , did a lil inventory shuffling and went back to fetch the trap, the worms were gone and when i picked up the trap it appeared empty. I put it back into my inventory then back into my hand and low and behold it was full of Sardines 100%  :D  Got out the kitchen knife and got option to prepare fish just like on the Carp, that gave me a yield of 4 Fillets @ 68-71% , which i was way more than happy with , all in all a rather cool diversion from hunting or scavenging cans.

Edited by Yano
  • Like 7

Also, I just noticed that there aren't any hoppers anymore, but since a while now. Wire should be found in industrial areas and metal shacks. Hope that helps.

Wire should be found in industrial areas and metal shacks. Hope that helps.

That is helpful. I've been looking pretty much everywhere to no avail :( My guess is, since it's new, other people must be coming along before me and snatching up every bundle of wire they see.

Also, I just noticed that there aren't any hoppers anymore, but since a while now. Wire should be found in industrial areas and metal shacks. Hope that helps.

Good if there really aren't any hoppers. They were too glitchy IMO.

• Like 1

Found wire in back of a pickup too. But mostly big sheds. Wanted to try the fish trap out...thanks for the info yano!!!

Edited by RevolutionaryE
  • Like 1

Found wire in back of a pickup too. But mostly big sheds. Wanted to try the fish trap out...thanks for the info yano!!!

Your Welcome mate !  The Wire , combine with a stick of Kindling ( dont need to chop kindling either , just search the ground in the forest ) to make the Rabbit Snare , ive made several but have yet to snare one of the tasty little morsels and i have yet to find out if i can bait one up  , rabbits are few and far between and one of the places i know that spawns them on regular is .... LOL between the freakin NWAF and the little military base just south of it , near an island of bushes a little north of a small shack ,, good luck i havent been brave enough to try laying any in there yet :D

Fish Traps - They Work !! :thumbsup:

Water Bottle + Machete or Kitchen knife will make the Small Fish Trap , it will only work in the ocean. Add a few worms that you can dig up with a shovel or hoe and wade out into the water a few meters , youll get a prompt when you roll your mouse wheel to " set the trap" . I went made a fire , did a lil inventory shuffling and went back to fetch the trap, the worms were gone and when i picked up the trap it appeared empty. I put it back into my inventory then back into my hand and low and behold it was full of Sardines 100%  :D  Got out the kitchen knife and got option to prepare fish just like on the Carp, that gave me a yield of 4 Fillets @ 68-71% , which i was way more than happy with , all in all a rather cool diversion from hunting or scavenging cans.

good news so far, but where did you placed it exactly? I tried it on the beach near Svetlojarsk nearly down to Rify, but the option didnt showed up?! I tried it directly at the beach and I went into the ocean till I swam, but also no option showed up...maybe you have a little tip for me, where you placed it - thx :)

good news so far, but where did you placed it exactly? I tried it on the beach near Svetlojarsk nearly down to Rify, but the option didnt showed up?! I tried it directly at the beach and I went into the ocean till I swam, but also no option showed up...maybe you have a little tip for me, where you placed it - thx :)

I was standing on the dock in the new fishing village of Berezhki first succesful attempt , and then again just down the beach a bit near the boat house / dry dock building i was nearly waist high by the time it came up. Good Luck !  P.S. you can also search the beach for stones now just in case your confronted by an angry window B)

Edited by Yano
  • Like 1

I was standing on the dock in the new fishing village of Berezhki first succesful attempt , and then again just down the beach a bit near the boat house / dry dock building i was nearly waist high by the time it came up. Good Luck !  P.S. you can also search the beach for stones now just in case your confronted by an angry window B)

ok thx, I tried it in Berezhki too - no option :D But I saw the option search for stones...how many worms do u have in the trap? I have 2 worms in the one and 3 worms in the second trap.

I will try it later the day, maybe I missed it.

ok thx, I tried it in Berezhki too - no option :D But I saw the option search for stones...how many worms do u have in the trap? I have 2 worms in the one and 3 worms in the second trap.

I had 3 worms in the trap each time ive done it. Try wading out a little above your knees , i didnt have to kneel just looked down and rolled my mouse wheel like i was going to fill a bottle and it gave me a prompt to set the trap. I'll log back in here when i can and run back up there and give it a few more goes, ive got a pocket full of red wigglers still.

lol Berezhki here too, waded in about waist deep just too the right of boathouse,went too svet try find matches(no joy) came back and 2 for 2.....dont forget like he said ^^^^ take traps into inventory then put in hand and thats when you see the sardines.also only got 50/56% filleting with machette

rabbit snare dont need baiting, tree "island's/ treeline's worked for me 

• Like 1

Vanishing weapons.

I will put a gun down, and it disappears into nothingness before it hits the ground. No, they didn't warp to another spot. No desync. Not double-carrying. Just today, i lost a sawed off, a repeater, and a mosin.

Good times.

Other than that, this exp is pretty sweet.

.. Other than zeds going through doors again.

I know it's poor form to quote ones' self, but i found a way to get my last two dropped/vanished guns back: all i had to do was leave the area for a bit, and upon return, the fun was where it should've been. No, didn't miss it the first time, as i purposely dropped it in the middle of a concrete pad. I only went about 300m away.

okaay, now its working :)  I tried it at Berezhki again and the optins showed up. My first trial was a success! I caught my delicious sardines and got 60%-67% with a pristine machete.

I dont what Ive done wrong before, but now Im happy :D

5chbkg6n.jpg

The trap is not floating on the water, it is standing on the seabed/under the surface of the water.

And I also have to say, that in this exp-version (0.50.125214) the meele is working great for me. It is so easy to hit a infected if its not lagging - nice :thumbsup:

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 2

Two things:

I devoured 8 boar steaks, then 8 fish fillets, one after the other...without getting stuffed. They restored hydration, but the Stuffed message never appeared. How many pieces of meat does it take to get Stuffed?

Also, when you're done using a fireplace that was loaded with 2 sticks, you can put those 2 sticks back in your inventory for reuse.

I devoured 8 boar steaks, then 8 fish fillets, one after the other...without getting stuffed. They restored hydration, but the Stuffed message never appeared. How many pieces of meat does it take to get Stuffed?

If you eat steaks like that you won't get stuffed ever :D

gHsivmR.jpg

To be serious: It depends actually how much % your steak has, if your knife/machete is badly damaged and you killed the animal in a bad way you will get steaks with just a few (positive) percent for real. And ofc then you can eat tons of them. 

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

It depends actually how much % your steak has, if your knife/machete is badly damaged and you killed the animal in a bad way you will get steaks with just a few (positive) percent for real. And ofc then you can eat tons of them.

Yeah, they were all around 65%. I'd like to know if this happens to others, or if it was just a fluke.

Edit: they were cut with a machete -- pristine machete for the boar steaks, worn for the fillets.

Edited by whiskeytango

gHsivmR.jpg

To be serious: It depends actually how much % your steak has, if your knife/machete is badly damaged and you killed the animal in a bad way you will get steaks with just a few (positive) percent for real. And ofc then you can eat tons of them. 

you have actually discovered the legendary "anti Steak"

you have actually discovered the legendary "anti Steak"

...is that steak a black hole?  :huh:

• Like 1

...is that steak a black hole?  :huh:

yeah. if you eat it, then eat other foods, the steak absorbs the foods, providing the reason behind the inability to achieve the Stuffed status. you can believe me. i have a PHD in the field of Anti-Foods...

• Like 3

I love how on the picture it says 4 kg of Sardines remaining. That's a) a big ass water bottle to catch 8 pounds of fish in and B) a lot of sardines. That should get you the stuffed status in a single bite LOL

400 grams might be an alternative there, just saying :D

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

We are starting to get Christmas spawns again. Just wandered into one of those large barns and there was junk, guns, ammo, food, clothing and tons more stuff. Somewhat nice but also very boring. I grabbed a couple cans of food, a sporter and a mag for it and some wire and rope.

They said they wanted to address central economy etc in the status report for this week, maybe they can also tell us some more about they are doing with loot re spawn etc.

Until then: Merry Christmas :P

• Like 1

We are starting to get Christmas spawns again. Just wandered into one of those large barns and there was junk, guns, ammo, food, clothing and tons more stuff. Somewhat nice but also very boring. I grabbed a couple cans of food, a sporter and a mag for it and some wire and rope.

They said they wanted to address central economy etc in the status report for this week, maybe they can also tell us some more about they are doing with loot re spawn etc.

Until then: Merry Christmas :P

Keep in mind you could of found someones stash someone could of dropped all that stuff off there ive found stashes all over .. loaded guns ammo all sorts of stuff 

I need to play some DayZ....i rage quit earlier because i spawned in (as a fresh spawn) ran to the nearest blue cart, proned, saw a Repeater, and a zombie one shotted me.

I've been doing some tests on stashed goods. It seems that stuff will remain for a little while. I put some rope, peaches, welding mask, a blaze, an axe, and a face mask. I tried to get a nice mix of things to leave. Everything was still there after the server restart. The blaze and peaches duplicated...and everything else was still there. I'm going to check when I get home, which will be about 1 day, to see if things are still there. Next I want to try the fishing trap and see if I can get a tent.

I have been finding loot no problem to much in fact not enough room for all the food and my belly is super stuffed the server is southwest 0-8 1st person/hardcore.