SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

yea, it's experimental, thanks for that

And yes, they do it deliberately - There can't be any other reason to justify these latest changes.

I mean come on, it's so obvious that food doesn't spawn anymore as soon they started to mess around with hunger/thirst balance. What the heck do they want to test? Why can't they at least tell us?

I will not go back to experimental as long they don't explain what they actually want us to test - and how to test it.

That might be a good idea, as you seem to be frustrated.

You're not asked to test anything, as the sticky in this forum calls out - Experimental is for the developers to experiment - not for the players to experiment. :)

• Like 2

I can confirm that there's still this one, static, always been there, in the parking lot of the office, in "terminus".  http://dayzdb.com/map#7.019.047

Just came back from experimental (notice the lever action rifle on my shoulder) and it's still there.

az6qg9.jpg

Hmm - will go talk to the map team.

• Like 1

It only spawns regular car loot. There is also one behind the police station in Severograd in the garage.

• Like 1

And persistence seems to be not working as well. It looks like what ever you leave somewhere, it despawns after server restart. Grr.

FPS goes down as soon as I hit a midsize town, it can get pretty bad in the real big towns. Ping hasn't ever looked so bad (over 300 on Servers that normally have like 250).

Today I set down an AKM in the woods in favor of an AK101. Then they did the restart versus a reset or vice versa whatever you know what I mean.. Restart meant my AKM was gone. Either that or I forgot where the hell I put it. Naturally I found a 30 and a 75 round Mag for the AKM, so I chucked the 101 since I have only loose 5.56 for that. Now I have a pump shotgun and no shells.

It only spawns regular car loot. There is also one behind the police station in Severograd in the garage.

i found a police jacket and a 30 rnd smg mag there, so it spawns police gear too.
  • Like 1

Hi people. I am at North of Europa. It seems to be no servers to connect at the moment. Is it me only or do others have the same? (of course we are talking about experimental)

Any info of when they reappear?

. Yep, that's the one.

i found a police jacket and a 30 rnd smg mag there, so it spawns police gear too.

I server hopped about 15 different servers and the most exciting thing I found was a box of magnum amo :/ I suppose it is possible that a police car can spawn in the same location? But ya, seems like just a car to me.

Hi people. I am at North of Europa. It seems to be no servers to connect at the moment. Is it me only or do others have the same? (of course we are talking about experimental)

Any info of when they reappear?

prob after stable server maintenance, which is going to happen pretty soon if not now. Edited by Barnabus

Ok, thx. I assume that you know for sure and are not guessing.. ?

I did namely play one and a half hour into the maintance time... until about 10:30

prob after stable server maintenance, which is going to happen pretty soon if not now.

So, do you know? Or are you guessing?

:/

Well, it feels like Barnabus just said something he thought, feeld or believed.

Is there anyone that KNOWS anything? Because I guess that I am not the only one that wants to go out there to test fish- and rabbittraps...

Anyone?

Ive heard that if you vault, the invisible zombie will leave you. Not sure if the zombie is invisible or under the ground. I've tried it once and it worked but can't confirm from such a small sample size.

If the invisible infected hit you outside buildings, it's probably underground. Last week I spawned at Three Valleys and every time I crossed the street in front of the biggest of the two coast houses there was the usual growls and something attacked me - nothing ever chased me, the "invisible" infected attacked me only when I crossed the street. Chances are it was stuck/glitched underground, sometimes happens even at players.

If the invisible infected hit you outside buildings, it's probably underground. Last week I spawned at Three Valleys and every time I crossed the street in front of the biggest of the two coast houses there was the usual growls and something attacked me - nothing ever chased me, the "invisible" infected attacked me only when I crossed the street. Chances are it was stuck/glitched underground, sometimes happens even at players.

Invisible zombie can also happen when the client hasn't loaded the zombie. I've had that happened couple of times when I connected on the server in a middle of a town and there was a zombie attacking me before I even see any zombies on the street. It can take a good time sometimes before the zombies come up so it's better to run far.

I just wanted to confirm we are aiming for experimental this afternoon. Lots of new things. 

• Like 9

I just wanted to confirm we are aiming for experimental this afternoon. Lots of new things.

:) and I am so glad I have an early shift ending at 3 :) experimental here we come ! (Hopefully )

• Like 1

"Lots" sounds really good, also "big" things ?  :P  you know what i'm thinking about ....... :D

"Lots" sounds really good, also "big" things ?  :P  you know what i'm thinking about ....... :D

According to todays status report, the first iterations of barricading and horticulture are ready to go. That is quite a big thing !

According to todays status report, the first iterations of barricading and horticulture are ready to go. That is quite a big thing !

As long as we don't need too many items to work on those things - while it's good having some realism in DayZ, I still think that sometimes there are areas where the developers overestimate its importance (fishing and hunting, for example, or cooking) and others were they underestimate it way too much (interacting with stored items whitout stopping the character, no mid/long term consequences for injuries). Some actions are too much complex/require too much time and resources to be enjoyable, while other are too arcade-looking, risk to be dreadfully immersion breaking and are left on their own.

Barricading could be an interesting feature, but there are too few players on servers (50 or 70) to make the difference...and considering the infected does not damage the environment and they still glitch inside/outside buildings and doors? I fear it's not a priority at this time. Way better the horticulture thing: that's extremely interesting and I hope we can actually interact whit/scavenge all those gardens around farms and houses - not only plant and harvest stuff.

Some actions are too much complex/require too much time and resources to be enjoyable, while other are too arcade-looking, risk to be dreadfully immersion breaking and are left on their own.

I totally agree, but we will simply have to be patient. We will see this mechanics slowly grow over time, and as far as i understood, the first iteration of barricading will only be the abillity to lock / unlock doors of existing houses with a lockpick. For us as players, it doesn't seem to be a big deal, but that means the essential foundation for barricading to build up upon is set. I'm looking forward for later today, because:

...we are going down. Game night ! :) Hope the servers will be mostly stable.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

That might be a good idea, as you seem to be frustrated.

You're not asked to test anything, as the sticky in this forum calls out - Experimental is for the developers to experiment - not for the players to experiment. :)

bah!

nice, when you devs talk about times, what timezone are you using?

We`re in CZ so its CEST. There will be first iteration of barricading and a big horticulture content.

• Like 13