Sign in to follow this  
MarchmelloMan

What happened to airfields?

Hey guys,

I took a 3 months break in DayZ and started over again yesterday. Have a short question about weapons and stuff:

I know, the NE airfield was removed, but what happened generally to weapons? I took a march to Balota airfield, to see how it looks now and was suprised that I couldn't find a single weapon there. Did they remove the rifles from there? Only got some ammunition. And if they did so, where else are they found now? Only at heli crashes ??

Greetings

Edited by MarchmelloMan

Nerferinio 

AKM and AK 101 still spawn in military bases, but I suppose they are less common now. So sorry, no Blitzkrieg for you. 

NE Airfield was made civilian, and the tent city south of Balota was moved.  Myshinko has the Balota tents now and there is another mil area scheduled for north of that.

General idea is that mil weapons are found on the west of the map, and spawning happens on the east.

Thx.

So AKM and AK 101 at mil bases, M4A1 at heli crashes and the rest of the weapons in piano buildings / police stations / civil buildings?

I've spent 1 week since the 0.49 update looking for an AK rifle in all the military bases of Chernarus. I hope it won't take you so long to find one but expect a lot of frustration during your searches.

we could tell you where to find stuff, but the next update would probably make all our info wrong again.  also what's all over the place now will be impossible to find next update, and vice versa.

I've been server hopping (I know, shame on me....whatever) since .49 was released, just to try to find an AK. For the first time I found an AK101 YESTERDAY (which I dumped for an sks because without a magazine for the 101, it's useless). That should give you an idea of how hard it is to find them. 

Most items are still found at the same locations they always have...it's just that the spawning frequency of said items has been significantly reduced.