zippit

Why..

cry baby

You are here whining about whiners lol, makes perfect sense.

What's up, did a friend or clan get their server shut down because they lack the ability to read and follow the rules regarding server renting?

Ok, you didnt get my drift at all......

Im not comparing cheating in a game to homicide, im comparing the principle of breaking the rules, any rules, it doesnt matter, the principle is the same, you break a rule. This is something you learn small kids, from the time they start moving around.

If a governing body (Bohemia in this case but could be a parent, the government, a landlord, doesnt matter) tells you not to do it, and you do it, you are breaking the rules and you deserve to be punished for it, no matter what rule you broke imho.

I know theres alot of servers, but why cant you understand that if we (players) allow one admin to be an ashole, there will be alot more doing the same?

Im having a really hard time understanding, why you are having a hard time understanding, that breaking the rules is not ok.

Its that simple, you own nothing when you pay for a server, you rent it and the landlord (Bohemia) sets the rules for you to follow. Now, you either do so or you get kicked out, exactly like in the real world.

Personally i have reported hundreds of servers for violating the rules, i report servers pretty much every single time i sit down to play the game, because i think its not ok ot act like a dick and gain an advantage on the public HIVE, how can you believe that its ok? Unless you are one of these admins and you like doing it, i simply dont understand why you would allow it.....

Im really not liking that you use my "attitude" as an example of people demanding everything and giving nothing.

I demand one thing from you admins, follow the f****** rules...... Its not hard mate, i did it in the mod for several years, its really not hard at all.....

The whole "i want to do what ever i want" on the public HIVE is bullshit imho. Everybody deserves the same treatment, and when you start kicking people from a public server, for friends, clan mates or simply because you dont like them, you are denying them equality in the game, and using it as your own private playground.

Get a private server as soon as it comes out, put a password on it and do what ever you want in there, i dont care, but follow the damn rules on the public HIVE.

Have some respect for the other players and have some respect for Bohemia, who are trying to give you the chance of following the development up close and personal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This whole "I payed for it and its up to me how i use it" mentallity, is so sad, so imature.

Grow up, follow the rules set for you, and make the best of it.

Stop demanding unrealistic things and stop blaming people who are trying to make this a better game, by getting rid of loser admins.

Ya - you need to read first and after understanding giving your response.

I do not want to do anything on public hive (and never stated anything like that).

I said: The bullshit nazi control over the hive even the private one is what has us in this situation.

BI does not want the server owners to have their own hive. (I guess because then everyone could do a server on their own - excluding them from deals with providers)

They feed you the bullshit - ya it is ruining the game / and they shaft the people that want to run/modify a server to provide a better/different experience than BI is capable to deliver.

And you keep repeating it to no end.

I had a public hive server and I cancelled it just because of another thread with the entitled *@/*s when I try to create a different gameplay other than KOS I have no tools other than alltalk and chat and maybe the kick/restart options to create a scenario and reset it when it played out. Not even being able to reset player gear for a new scenario and so on. All that will happen is some a-hole that does not contribute but wants to use a server where people are occupied to farm/exploit the fact the players on the server play something different. If you would remove said "persons" they will report your server.

Then Bi revealed there will be private hives woooooh but those only enabled ban and kicks to hearts content without giving us the chance to mod/create a unique and better experience than what BI is offering.

-> Bottom line: Fuck it, I can play the lacking gameplay without mods on enough other servers and take part in the PvP.

just because BI needs to control the PRIVATE hives because of ... reasons ($$$$$$$$$)

• Like 1

Ya - you need to read first and after understanding giving your response.

I do not want to do anything on public hive (and never stated anything like that).

I said: The bullshit nazi control over the hive even the private one is what has us in this situation.

BI does not want the server owners to have their own hive. (I guess because then everyone could do a server on their own - excluding them from deals with providers)

They feed you the bullshit - ya it is ruining the game / and they shaft the people that want to run/modify a server to provide a better/different experience than BI is capable to deliver.

And you keep repeating it to no end.

I had a public hive server and I cancelled it just because of another thread with the entitled *@/*s when I try to create a different gameplay other than KOS I have no tools other than alltalk and chat and maybe the kick/restart options to create a scenario and reset it when it played out. Not even being able to reset player gear for a new scenario and so on. All that will happen is some a-hole that does not contribute but wants to use a server where people are occupied to farm/exploit the fact the players on the server play something different. If you would remove said "persons" they will report your server.

Then Bi revealed there will be private hives woooooh but those only enabled ban and kicks to hearts content without giving us the chance to mod/create a unique and better experience than what BI is offering.

-> Bottom line: Fuck it, I can play the lacking gameplay without mods on enough other servers and take part in the PvP.

just because BI needs to control the PRIVATE hives because of ... reasons ($$$$$$$$$)

In short, the reason is to stop admins from having tools they can abuse, like they did in the mod.

Im not saying your one of them, but there where thousands of "badmins" and this is the consequense of it, no database acces for anyone.

I repeat it because i agree, having it the way we had it in the mod was a very bad idea. The only way to stop these admins, is to give them tools they cannot abuse, and since BI havent even started making admin tools yet, we have no idea what we will actually get :)

We know nothing of the modding capabilities yet, so its really hard to say anything, except that theres no reason to open up modding, when its this early in development, Arma III showed us this, as mods broke over and over and over and eventually people simply gave up trying to fix it, until the game hit "full release". They will most likelywant to prevent that in DayZ.

But i will add that you literally said "The whole "nazi" stance on total control over the hive wether the server is private or not", which implies that you wanted this on the public HIVE aswell mate, thats what i asumed, based on that statement.

Sorry if i misunderstood, but you literally said both private and public HIVE.

I would also like to ask you, based on your last statement, why you think its ok for you to make money on a server and decide who has acces based on the amount they pay you?? (paying players, as you mention)

Edited by Byrgesen

[...]

I would also like to ask you, based on your last statement, why you think its ok for you to make money on a server and decide who has acces based on the amount they pay you?? (paying players, as you mention)

I just said, that I understand if someone running a server only wants invited guests and paying members on said server.

My servers are always free to use (I'm middle aged and well situated so I don't mind the 50€ a month but I remember the time when we had to build a clan to pay for say the CS servers so I understand if

people will give other paying members priority over non paying players)

I just wanted to create  a unique experience for players on the server (Missions / Radio calls and so on) to give players the opportunity to go on an adventure instead of just PVP.

But I you cannot do it since you could not even protect players that wanted to take part in the experience from griefing piles of shit.

When BI then announced private hives and I read that private hive offer nothing but kick/ban I canceled my server because I did not want to cater to above mentioned players and/or BI.

English is not my first language so I might be prone to being misunderstood.

I just said, that I understand if someone running a server only wants invited guests and paying members on said server.

My servers are always free to use (I'm middle aged and well situated so I don't mind the 50€ a month but I remember the time when we had to build a clan to pay for say the CS servers so I understand if

people will give other paying members priority over non paying players)

I just wanted to create  a unique experience for players on the server (Missions / Radio calls and so on) to give players the opportunity to go on an adventure instead of just PVP.

But I you cannot do it since you could not even protect players that wanted to take part in the experience from griefing piles of shit.

When BI then announced private hives and I read that private hive offer nothing but kick/ban I canceled my server because I did not want to cater to above mentioned players and/or BI.

English is not my first language so I might be prone to being misunderstood.

English isnt my first language either, so that might be why we talk over each others head haha :)

But i completely understand that you want to make a unique experience, i did the same thing in the mod when i hosted servers, and it was amazing.

I just dont agree we need the same level of "admin freedom" as we had in the mod, it was to much power and only a handful of people actually managed to control it, the rest just did what they wanted and it destroyed the community and made people trust admins as much as hackers basicly.

We need BI to create completely new tools, with a much much lower chance of being abused, and we need them to "police" these tools.

I will say that i never EVER liked the idea of giving people donating money, anything speciel, or speciel rights. People where free to donate to my server, but they didnt get special treatment because of it.

If you start giving people something because they donate money, its not a donation any longer, its a purchace imho, and that doesnt belong in this game.

• Like 2

[...]

I will say that i never EVER liked the idea of giving people donating money, anything speciel, or speciel rights. People where free to donate to my server, but they didnt get special treatment because of it.

If you start giving people something because they donate money, its not a donation any longer, its a purchace imho, and that doesnt belong in this game.

If people bind together in a clan and pay their servers from the money they all together pay every month to pay for said servers - of course they will have precedence above other players that do not pay for the server. This has always been this way - and I see no reason why it should not be that way. When we had our CS servers back in the day and a clanmate wanted to join our server which was full at that time we either kicked someone that was not a regular to make room or asked a regular to make room. Why because it is the clanmates servers as much as ours and MORE than nonmembers.

I cannot believe that you fail to understand that? (Maybe you don't want to understand that and keep this up for arguments sake).

If people bind together in a clan and pay their servers from the money they all together pay every month to pay for said servers - of course they will have precedence above other players that do not pay for the server. This has always been this way - and I see no reason why it should not be that way. When we had our CS servers back in the day and a clanmate wanted to join our server which was full at that time we either kicked someone that was not a regular to make room or asked a regular to make room. Why because it is the clanmates servers as much as ours and MORE than nonmembers.

I cannot believe that you fail to understand that? (Maybe you don't want to understand that and keep this up for arguments sake).

I understand wanting to have your clan members in the server, dont get me wrong, we did the same thing in the mod for our community members.

What i dont understand is giving people "special rights" because they chose to donate money, like giving them special starting gear, vehicles, items, etc.

If people want to donate, they should do it out of they're own free will, and not because they can get a vehicle/gun/vest easier that way imho.

That just selling a product and has nothing to do with donations, as donations dont give anyting in return, thats the very essence of donations.

why should you even care there are plenty of servers out there that dont kick you ... i understand a person is paying for a product then they should have the right to use it exclusively why should you get a free ride off there dollar ... one of the only decent things to come out of warZ you could use gold coins to rent server time off someone and you could obtain gold through trading .... i have never rented a game server in my life but if i did pony up the coin im pretty sure i would be booting whiney ass free loaders that tattle on you for kicking them ...i dont care about the policy pretty sure paying customer beats sore assed cry baby any day of the week 

Being a paying customer, you are agreeing to their terms of use.  If kicking people from your server for such reasons is against the terms of use, your money no longer matters, as you have violated the rules and foreited your rights to use until the provider decides otherwise.  Obviously I don't mean "you" in specific, as you said you've never had a server.  But this idea is the same with a vast majority of products, especially virtual ones.

Oh this again. And let me guess, devs again gave you guys a finger and told you deal with that yourself via email reports. 

They know half the sever list is breaking the rules, but they don't care. If they did they would contact server providers themselves rather than telling you to do that. 

why should you even care there are plenty of servers out there that dont kick you ... i understand a person is paying for a product then they should have the right to use it exclusively why should you get a free ride off there dollar ... one of the only decent things to come out of warZ you could use gold coins to rent server time off someone and you could obtain gold through trading .... i have never rented a game server in my life but if i did pony up the coin im pretty sure i would be booting whiney ass free loaders that tattle on you for kicking them ...i dont care about the policy pretty sure paying customer beats sore assed cry baby any day of the week 

Because this is not what they agreed to when they started renting the server.

You will see in life that renting a house, or a car doesn't give you free reign on it and it comes with a lot of restrictions. Your landlord will kick you out if you start removing walls or painting the outside in a different color.

And no paying customer do not get a free pass, the GSP can lose his right to rent DayZ server if he doesn't enforce the rules.

Renting a DayZ server is not like renting something for your personal use, you agree to provide a public service, if you don't like it, you don't have to rent, but you are not a special little snowflake that doesn't have to follow the rules.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Why do they even have the options for Kicking/Passwording the server, they could of just disabled them for public use..

Once upon a time there was this thing kalled money.. 

And the game producers/server providers loved it! You know that they can actually remove the options that you are talking about. kicking/passwording. But what are people left with? Nothing! Would you spend money on nothing? Of course not. They know that, and thats why you still have the option. "Rules are rules" you say. No its not. Bohemia makes money on this too you know. Lots of money. And the rules are there to make sure things dont get out of hand. And as long as people dont overdo things, and plays along most of the time, they look the other way and everyone (except a few) plays happily ever after

The end.... 

Edited by FragBeer

Because this is not what they agreed to when they started renting the server.

You will see in life that renting a house, or a car doesn't give you free reign on it and it comes with a lot of restrictions. Your landlord will kick you out if you start removing walls or painting the outside in a different color.

And no paying customer do not get a free pass, the GSP can lose his right to rent DayZ server if he doesn't enforce the rules.

nowflake 

Renting a DayZ server is not like renting something for your personal use, you agree to provide a public service, if you don't like it, you don't have to rent, but you are not a special little snowflake that doesn't have to follow the rules.

apparently the only consequence of breaking server ToS is a bunch of DayZ diehards get there pantys bunch up ...as no one can provide any evidence of anything else happening

Passwording yes, it should have been disabled, but kicking can be done for legitimate reasons on the public servers.

Although, isolating 'problem players' is virtually impossible as far as I know. The only methods of viewing player information are either hacks or if you kill them fast enough to get their pulse. Therefore you wont be kicking a hacker out of 40 people any time soon, nor will you be able to easily identify whos hacking.

If this is not the case and anyone can give more info Id love to know. Otherwise having the kick option is rather pointless at this juncture.

• Like 1

I understand wanting to have your clan members in the server, dont get me wrong, we did the same thing in the mod for our community members.

What i dont understand is giving people "special rights" because they chose to donate money, like giving them special starting gear, vehicles, items, etc.

If people want to donate, they should do it out of they're own free will, and not because they can get a vehicle/gun/vest easier that way imho.

That just selling a product and has nothing to do with donations, as donations dont give anyting in return, thats the very essence of donations.

I don't know why you keep beating that horse - I don't know who gives out equipment for donations or who is dumb enough to pay for that.

But if someone shares in the payment of the server (private hive) he - in my opinion - deserves special rights.

Always room on the server - having admin (Oh BI only one admin logged in at all times....way to go) - and of course the right (to an extend) decide who may play or not

apparently the only consequence of breaking server ToS is a bunch of DayZ diehards get there pantys bunch up ...as no one can provide any evidence of anything else happening

I smell daddy's puppy butthurt from here, what you can t understand in the words TERMS OF SERVICE ? Are you that dumb ?, we dont care if u spend 50e/month becouse you want gear alone in your server or any other PERSONAL reason.

You are clearly trolling ( i hope ) or you are smart as a rock......

Edited by KamiOfKOS

There is plenty of evidence suggesting servers violating the ToS do get dealt with if they are reported. Why don't you report some servers violating the rules and verify this yourself. I know I've reported servers in the past and they have either been warned or shutdown after repeated offenses. I got an abusive PM on here last time from a server admin as I use the same in-game name and was repeatedly re-joining after he kicked me until his server was shutdown by his GSP.

Someone on Reddit reported 48 servers in one day a few months ago, only 6 remained up after his reports.

0ZDcUAI.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/295mxw/reported_48_passworded_servers_today_now_there/

lF1BmjA.png

• Like 3

I don't know why you keep beating that horse - I don't know who gives out equipment for donations or who is dumb enough to pay for that.

But if someone shares in the payment of the server (private hive) he - in my opinion - deserves special rights.

Always room on the server - having admin (Oh BI only one admin logged in at all times....way to go) - and of course the right (to an extend) decide who may play or not

Just about every other server, when the mod was in its "prime time" mate.

Im not making this up, people genuinly "sells" donations for the servers, and i really hate it. Its not that bad anymore, at all, but it was really bad at one point in the mod and it will get to that point in the SA aswell, if nothing is done about.

Lets just leave it at this mate, we wont agree on it, im sure hehe.

I might agree with you if it was a private shard to where you couldn't go on other servers with said easy loot. And to call folks cry babies that would be the scumbags that have to find mil loot for there clan that's too lazy and shitty to find it like everyone else so they paid for a server to find the rarest of guns and clothing etc. big deal is what you say I guess that means they can do whatever they want with the server well not if its connected to public hives and is being rented not owned by them and its breaking the rules of the game as it stands now. but why am I arguing with a capitalist you think if you have the money or spend the money you can just break rules and make them up as you go along because you paid top dollar.

One of my most terrible experiences with an abusing server admin. I had an m4 with a red dot sight scope and a 60rnd mag + some other attachements, I also had an MP5 in my backpack with attachements + mags for it and perfect gear. I logon into a server inside the police station, zombie comes running inside and attacks me. I try to get my axe out and BOOM "you have been kicked off the game", gg hours worth of perfect gear looting + two extremely rare guns :/

Edited by Claws4life
  • Like 1

One of my most terrible experiences with an abusing server admin. I had an m4 with a red dot sight scope and a 60rnd mag + some other attachements, I also had an MP5 in my backpack with attachements + mags for it and perfect gear. I logon into a server inside the police station, zombie comes running inside and attacks me. I try to get my axe out and BOOM "you have been kicked off the game", gg hours worth of perfect gear looting + two extremely rare guns :/

Been there man. 

There is plenty of evidence suggesting servers violating the ToS do get dealt with if they are reported. Why don't you report some servers violating the rules and verify this yourself. I know I've reported servers in the past and they have either been warned or shutdown after repeated offenses. I got an abusive PM on here last time from a server admin as I use the same in-game name and was repeatedly re-joining after he kicked me until his server was shutdown by his GSP.

Someone on Reddit reported 48 servers in one day a few months ago, only 6 remained up after his reports.

0ZDcUAI.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/295mxw/reported_48_passworded_servers_today_now_there/

lF1BmjA.png

thank you 

Ya but that is BI faults. To have the char remain in the 30 sec logout when being kicked is just a terrible idea.

But wait! I'm sure someone will tell me that is because otherwise the badmins can just kick themselves in a pinch and that will ruin the game.

So of course the best way to deal with it is to potentially shaft everyone.