eukendwa

Primary Three Obects

Whenever I spawn there are three things I want to find first if all. I want to find everything but these three make me feel like I have a chance to start.

Compass - Can opener(or similar) - Fire axe

With these I can defend myself from zombies, feed myself and get where I want to go. The rest will come but I consider these to be core to base survival for my play style.

Eukendywa

Wait until sickness, and a more harsh weather system come into play.

And I would think bandages are more important than a can-opener since the fireaxe can open cans just as well as anything else.

Without bandages you are dead the second you start bleeding.

And I would think bandages are more important than a can-opener since the fireaxe can open cans just as well as anything else.

I do agree with you but I was basing it on my spawn tshirt is 2 bandages already.

I was allowing that as given for my selection of three items. I often find when using the fire axe for defense I still get wounds that need those bandages.

Edited by eukendywa

I'm reeeeally surprised we only spawn in under wear now.. I honestly find that rather bizarre.. All these folks waking up in the apocalypse with no clothes at all... Is umm... rather odd

Oh and I understand they have done it to trial a tweak on the hardness somewhat.. yes, yes I do understand that but odd none the less ! 

• Like 2

My 3 are an axe, a backpack, and a decent jacket.  I have come to terms with food falling on the ground.

I'm reeeeally surprised we only spawn in under wear now.. I honestly find that rather bizarre.. All these folks waking up in the apocalypse with no clothes at all... Is umm... rather odd

Oh and I understand they have done it to trial a tweak on the hardness somewhat.. yes, yes I do understand that but odd none the less ! 

Exactly.

Why, except for some near-bogus "TRADITION" rationale, we would spawn in AUTUMN wearing little more than a t-shirt is incomprehensible.

It isn't like a sweatshirt in-game does really anything for you. It doesn't keep you warm all that well (for some reason), and you get 4 slots. Big woop.

Zucchini, Rope, Handcuffs.

Jbkr1Xj.png?1

• Like 10

Whenever I spawn there are three things I want to find first if all. I want to find everything but these three make me feel like I have a chance to start.

Compass - Can opener(or similar) - Fire axe

With these I can defend myself from zombies, feed myself and get where I want to go. The rest will come but I consider these to be core to base survival for my play style.

Eukendywa

I just try to find an axe or any melee weapon that doubles as a can opener. Don't really need the compass (sun = your compass)

We don't spawn in underwear? That's only when you get that spawn in vybor ... All my spawns have been fully clothed with jeans and a tshirt except for my "naked and afraid in vybor" spawns .

• Like 2

Right now my first three objectives are:

1. Get healthy.
  2. Get a basic gear (backpack, melee weapon and clothes).
  3. Get a ranged weapon (including some ammo).

With this done I consider "early game" to be complete.

In order of importance to me:

1. Edged Weapon - so I can defend myself from zombies and open cans (I'll take an ax of any sort if I can find it)
  2. Backpack - so I can carry stuff
  3. Gun (and ammo) - so I can defend myself from players

Everything else is gravy or of a much more limited importance. I'm also assuming I can use my bambi tshirt for rags initially, but I only really worry about getting hit by zeds of I'm playing 1pp, if you play 3pp it should be a rare event you get hit by a zed, you're more likely to take a bullet in 3pp than get hit by a zed.

that does bother me that you can bleed to death from full health if you have no bandages or rags.

it should be made so you stop bleeding after say you have lost half your blood.

if the injury is from say a gun shot then you could justify needing to bandage before the blood stops flowing but one hit from a zed shouldn't be a death sentence if you have no bandage.

as for 3 items i want first that would be

1.hatchet/axe

2.warm clothes

3.matches

Edited by GeoffDeath

This is a bug. You are spawning at the 'developer de-bug spawn' in Vibor. This happens when you join a server that has not finished rebooting after a crash or restart, or if your character information has become corrupted.

Depends on if theres an easily accessible backpack near my spawn

If no:

1. Machete or Kitchen Knife ; hunting , backpack crafting.

2. Any sort of projectile weapon ; hunting , backpack crafting , self defense

3. Find an Animal ; food , backpack crafting.

If yes:

1.  Backpack obviously

2. Any sort of blade weapon ; self defense and can opening

3. Any sort of projectile weapon

Weaponry and backpacks are my two main goals on a new toon.

• Axe
  • Canteen
  • Rope/Burlap sack for a pack

Don't really pick up compass, at this point I know the map and rarely have to even look at the online map. I assume you mean besides food and water of course. Interestingly after that, with the latest patch I begin to seek not only a rifle and ammo but some things I'd never though I would - a rain jacket and a down jacket.

You are right. I only recently got on to the servers since .49 was released and found that half of them spawn you in underwear. If I get no spawn tshairt then I change my third to bandages. I would say that 1/3 of my deaths have been due to bleeding.

that does bother me that you can bleed to death from full health if you have no bandages or rags.

it should be made so you stop bleeding after say you have lost half your blood.

if the injury is from say a gun shot then you could justify needing to bandage before the blood stops flowing but one hit from a zed shouldn't be a death sentence if you have no bandage.

as for 3 items i want first that would be

1.hatchet/axe

2.warm clothes

3.matches

I've seen the warm clothes thing from a couple of people and I have to say that with .49 it is pretty valid. Ilike a raincoat for the staying dry.

I just try to find an axe or any melee weapon that doubles as a can opener. Don't really need the compass (sun = your compass)

For me a lot of times I spawn the sun is on one side of the sky or the other. Then it is a guess whether it is sunrise or sunset and sometimes I judge wrong. Very surprised when I encounter the ocean. :-)

I've died of the cold twice now, and it seems to be raining constantly. So getting an axe is definately manditory, not only for splitting heads but logs too.

Axe, Bandages, Backpack, meanwhile scrafing everything you bump into and wearing warm clothes. I'm actually waiting for the rain to let up so I can go on to the next town lol.

Edited by pat_sajak

get yourself a raincoat & bubble jacket & swap when it rains so you can stay warm & dry

We don't spawn in underwear? That's only when you get that spawn in vybor ... All my spawns have been fully clothed with jeans and a tshirt except for my "naked and afraid in vybor" spawns .

Are you serious ? everyone I know who plays say they spawn in underwear ? can anyone else confirm this ? that other spawn locations have clothes ? i seen a youtube vid a month or 2 ago and a dude did the what i think was a vybor spawn with no clothes and I figuered it was a glitch.. now all these other folks were spawning without clothes from what I thought was just the latest patch and I thought WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE MATE..

but there was heaps of people spawning near me... its the place where you spawn kind of under that bridge 

My top 3 order of importance:

1) Backpack.  It is extremely valuable to me to load up on drinks and food as I come across them in the early game.

2) Axe.  I feel naked without one early.

3) Warm Jacket.  The thermal issues especially when raining are an issue.

Really, I have to label backpack as number 1 because I can even keep a change of jackets in there if necessary which helps in rainy conditions right off the bat.  I also can keep enough soda/canned food until I find an opener of some type.  Getting health to bright green is pretty important now. 

Just to continue, in the next 3 (4, 5, 6) I now place binoculars.  Scouting towns before entering is vital for me on 10+ servers.

• Like 1

Are you serious ? everyone I know who plays say they spawn in underwear ? can anyone else confirm this ? that other spawn locations have clothes ? i seen a youtube vid a month or 2 ago and a dude did the what i think was a vybor spawn with no clothes and I figuered it was a glitch.. now all these other folks were spawning without clothes from what I thought was just the latest patch and I thought WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE MATE..

but there was heaps of people spawning near me... its the place where you spawn kind of under that bridge 

The Vybor spawn is the only one I know of that spawns you without clothes.

Edited by VPPTrue

Well, good luck with a fire axe, seems worthless since nerfed.

I need a Farmers Hoe, a splitting axe and matches.  The hoe has never let me down killing zeds, the axe can open cans, chop kindling and wood so I can have a fire and the matches to make the fire.