Sign in to follow this  
NagsterTheGangster

Adding a "Broken" condition before Ruined...?

Exactly what the title says. I think items should become "Broken" and unable to be used, but still able to be fixed. Something that is ruined obviously shouldnt be able to be fixed as the term itself basically means broken past the point of repair.

So whatcha think?

To me it would make the game a lot better and you would have a lot more people grabbing items that are clogging spawn points if they are able to repair them instead of leaving the ruined items on the ground. (Ruined items would still exist but be slightly less common as the broken condition comes before ruined.

(Also, this is more of a plan for the future sort of thing, id rather see vehicles or better animal AI before this)

• Like 5

Snip

I like it. Though it could use some more basis. 

I like it. Though it could use some more basis. 

Seconded.

I think the point of badly damaged is meant to be the same as broken. I understand what you mean though. When clothes become badly damaged they should go into your backpack until you repair them or onto the floor if it's already full.

I like the "Badly Damaged" state more - its basically the same (the condition before ruined) but instead for forcing you into repairs it gives you the choice of further using the item at the risk of breaking it beyond repair. It simply gives more options to the player and emphasizes thoughtful handling. Also it gives you the option of being able to perform an action at expense of an item in dire need (like breaking your axe to craft a fire and avoid freezing).

It makes perfect sense,because even a pristine items can be broken.

Like for example,i bought a brand new cellphone the other day,but it had a broken receiver and couldn't connect to the network.

The phone itself was in a perfect condition,despite not beign able to recieve/make calls.

I gave it away for reapairs and the next day i got it back functioning normaly.

How about this?

For guns, electronics, blades, and the like, ruined is replaced by "broken" completely.  Make them -have- to be carried in your bag or hands in such a state, as well. 

Food which reaches "ruined status" is automatically removed.  This would mean no more ruined food buildup in the game, which would reduce the rate of food being completely impossible to find in some towns. 

cloth clothing becomes badly damaged rags once they reach ruined status.

Everything else as normal.  It might be more complicated, but I think it would solve issues. 

That would be what I would do, ideally, at least.

• Like 1