youtubejmachine

How To Increase Your FPS On DayZ (Now Getting Over 100FPS)

If Theres Another area on the forum i should post this to help more players then please let me know

Do not crosspost your topic.

Man you are hardcore, 1280x720?

thats what came on default i left it there so you guys didnt get any audio or video quality problems with the recording i changed my settings when i wasnt recording

• Like 1

NOW GETTING OVER 100 FPS on the menu. :D

• Like 4

NOW GETTING OVER 100 FPS on the menu. :D

no in game aswell unfortunately i share the PC with my brother and i didnt have enough time to get in game screenshots/footage

Tutorial On How To Increase FPS On DayZ Can Be Used For Both DayZ Standalone And Arma 2 Mod

your feedback is much appreciated 

-stuffs-

Thanks for sharing and trying to help :)

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

Isn't there a cap at 60 fps? Even when I look straight down in 1st person mode onto a concrete road, I'm capped at 60.

the only new thing I se is setting compatiblity for WinXP...which is weird enough. How much difference does that really make?

Isn't there a cap at 60 fps? Even when I look straight down in 1st person mode onto a concrete road, I'm capped at 60.

That is called VSync and can be turned off.

The reason for this setting is that you could suffer severe tearing and artifacts on your screen if you screen doesn't support anymore than 60 Frames / second anyway.

• Like 1

Running at 100fps

However the game has now become Minecraft

• Like 2

Running at 100fps

However the game has now become Minecraft

mine looks fine in fact i use them settings for my dayz series and theres barely any difference

I have often wondered, but what does running a program in compatibility mode for Windows XP actually do? 

Why would this be something i would do considering i am actually living in the year 2014, not 2004?

• Like 1

I have often wondered, but what does running a program in compatibility mode for Windows XP actually do? 

Why would this be something i would do considering i am actually living in the year 2014, not 2004?

simply out running a game in compatability mode makes it more friendly with lower spec machines and older hardware meaning pcs with higher specs will run it even better and giving lower spec pcs a chance to run it

yeah v sync caps it

There is no need for such behaviour. Leave it out or leave.

• Like 1

what behaviour?

I quoted the comment in question and hid it afterwards. The creator will know. It was abusive towards you.

You got to have money for those types of specs....If your gaming the refesh rates makes a big difference in maximum fps that is attainable 60 HZ refresh = 60 fps maximum that is outstanding at 1920X1080 My monitor will only do that res at 60Hz its ....Not sure if you are a gamer, If you want silky smooth HDTV and HD Movies you will have to come off of a lot of cash most of the newer HDTV's have the 120Hz native in 1080p and their price mirrors the image quality

Edited by friendlypilot

Fair warning: if you reduce your object detail, it decreases the ranges at which players get properly rendered. You should not let it drop below normal or low, unless you have severe FPS drops. Landscape quality can be dropped to very low, turn clouds off as they just eat FPS aswell as shadows.

Fair warning: if you reduce your object detail, it decreases the ranges at which players get properly rendered. You should not let it drop below normal or low, unless you have severe FPS drops. Landscape quality can be dropped to very low, turn clouds off as they just eat FPS aswell as shadows.

yeah i would turn clouds off but because i record i keep them on to keep the feel of the game the same for the viewers