R0B3RTF1SH3R

first iteration of central economy

who else gets intrigued by this

anyone prepared to discuss this?

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

It will allow them to release limited edition books.

That's all I care about.

• Like 3

Will be interesting to see. Not sure what the first iteration looks like, might just be back-end.

But contrary to what people might assume, just because something's limited via the central loot economy... doesn't automatically make it hyper-rare. Nor is the central loot economy only capable of handling things which are supposed to be rare. It can, theoretically, be applied to humdrum items like cans of food (and I believe it should be). But it can, and should, be used in conjunction with traditional spawn-rate items.

They could have SVD spawns be limited at 10 per hive, or 1000 per hive. Which is great, because it actually allows them to tweak the values as to craft the experience.

But I think people have this misguided notion that "regulated = rare." A discussion of rarity doesn't just go out the window when we've got a centralized loot economy, it becomes more important to discuss.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

yes i was guessing it was most back-end too. just stating "the direction" of things to come with economics of dayz?

Well I must say that I have a lot of misgivings about the central loot economy, but, we will have to wait to see how it pans out. My main concern is the distribution of the various loots, especially those that will be considered rare. For example how many of each item will be spawned throughout the various servers and will it be limited ie. only 500 (obviously a number off the top of my head) of a certain item until one is either used up or destroyed being then replaced by another? Will we get people with multiple accounts finding these items then handing them over to their 'spare accounts' in order to conserve them and effectively reducing the numbers available in the game? Will we see an increase in hacking due to this central economy, possibly to hack the rare items into their items (I'm no hacker, far from it, but I am sure there is some bright spark out there that will try something like that. Hacker bitches always do) ?

These are some of the questions that I'd like to see addressed before they bring in this system, but, as I said we will have to wait and see when it arrives.

Either way I don't think it will have a huge effect on how I play as I am happy to potter around and shoot the odd Zed or just go looking for any old junk thats going to keep my guy alive.

I am hoping they took the everything is included approach to the central loot economy.

This way every single item that is spawned in game can be checked and controlled accordingly. More importantly such a system should in theory be able to detect duplicates and hopefully who is carrying the duplicates thus banning people will be easier.

this is a bad idea, the only thing it really does in encourage server hopping. in the end it will create a handful of passworded public servers run by jobless neckbeards with huge hoards of loot from server hopping and none of the other servers will spawn anything but cans of beans and flashlights.

Edited by hellcat420
  • Like 2

this is a bad idea, the only thing it really does in encourage server hopping. in the end it will create a handful of passworded public servers run by jobless neckbeards with huge hoards of loot from server hopping and none of the other servers will spawn anything but cans of beans and flashlights.

that's not exactly how it works... Once you remove loot from one server and log out , it , I'm sure, replenishes that item eventually by respawning and isn't counted against the X amount per server thing .. They have been thinking of this for months so I'm sure they have thought of game breakers like that -_-

Hopefully but regulating the rarity of items your character will seem much more valuable and personal upon finding certain rare loot, making losing him seem more of a loss...but at the same time making your character more prone to be shot on sight for his rare gear. 

that's not exactly how it works... Once you remove loot from one server and log out , it , I'm sure, replenishes that item eventually by respawning and isn't counted against the X amount per server thing .. They have been thinking of this for months so I'm sure they have thought of game breakers like that -_-

that is how dean hall made it sound like it worked when he talked about having to go to other servers to get vehicle parts. until he says differently, ill believe what he said.

I'll be happy if they just add a player trade option so you don't have to just throw crap on the ground.

That is happening.

Central loot economy only means that the distribution and the spawning of ( all ) loot is now controlled by the central hive rather than the server. You don't have to go in detail about rare loot. If theres 50 000 cans of beans available for the hive, it will spawn it all across all servers. Loot respawn isnt happening on server restart anymore, but determined by the central hive.

Thats central loot economics.

Central loot economy only means that the distribution and the spawning of ( all ) loot is now controlled by the central hive rather than the server. You don't have to go in detail about rare loot. If theres 50 000 cans of beans available for the hive, it will spawn it all across all servers. Loot respawn isnt happening on server restart anymore, but determined by the central hive.

Thats central loot economics.

which is exactly what im talking about.

which is exactly what im talking about.

But you're putting it too simply , they won't let servers dry up forcing you to server hop that's counter-intuitive to what they did to prevent server hopping ... Please find the source where dean hall stated we must server hop because of this centralizing, because that sounds like something anyone with common sense would avoid .. And to the "rare" aspect of it all , it only makes sense that rare items would get more rare when they have to be split up over all servers , just saying :)

It would be also predictable to have a limit on spawning chances of weapons that are already in a server. that would also tip players off that for example
there are no m4's spawning on a persistent restart, that there is already "X" m4's on the server.

random loot tables should be addressed in a way that makes north east south and west correspond within the current spawning system.

sure it be great to spawn into finding a mp5 / ak etc in minutes. but thats not whats going to give longevity to this game

I think also that server hopping is a great way to keep every server active.

however how about a 0/40 means that through persistence the items taken are replenished only as players join. not when there is no one to take the new item and cycle the loot, meaning you would always get "something" on an empty server, thats the risk a "server hopper has to take". there being no loot. even though its fresh restart and they are in a 1/40 server @ 14:01

sorry lunch time rant.

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

But you're putting it too simply , they won't let servers dry up forcing you to server hop that's counter-intuitive to what they did to prevent server hopping ... Please find the source where dean hall stated we must server hop because of this centralizing, because that sounds like something anyone with common sense would avoid .. And to the "rare" aspect of it all , it only makes sense that rare items would get more rare when they have to be split up over all servers , just saying :)

why dont go watch his vids. im not going to sit through all of those vids again just to find it for you.

Please find the source where dean hall stated we must server hop because of this centralizing

It never happened like that. At one of the recent game conventions he gave an example that some ultra rare helicopter part or something would only exist on a handful of servers. Obviously you have to join those servers to get that specific part, and obviously that translates to "dean told me personally to server hop while at a mil base until I get an akm"

How will it work on private servers?

Exactly .a good point .. Dean would never screw over the private shard hosters by forcing them to abandon their own server if "they weren't the special helicopter part servers"... In my opinion he said that to mean that if there were no heli parts on that server AT THE TIME then the only solution was to server hop if you were impatient ... But waiting of course would be the REAL way to do it , dean Probly just knows everyone is so damn impatient lol ..

But this is my vision of it and what dean really means : servers (all of them) will at some point have every item on it , whether it be car/helicopter parts or rare items like certain weapons , but if you can't find a certain item all day on one server , realistically in a world where a lot of people can't spend days on a video game , they server hop .. I of course would wait as long as I could on one server seeing as I would be adventuring but this was Probly the only way of dean able to say all items of value would be super rare an hard to find in a small time without people throwing a fit "just server hop if you can't find the pieces you want if you can't wait to find one "

Tl;dr : in my opinion dean never meant that some servers wouldn't recieve certain items , IMO he means " "just server hop if you can't find the pieces you want if you can't wait to find one on that server".

Unless a direct quote is found from dean stating that some servers will never spawn certain items , then this is my stance as his wording is ALWAYS very confusing .

We all know that this is coming and rather than allowing everone to speculate and jump to conclusions, surely it would be better for the devs to explain precisely how it will function. Until such time as this is done everyone can draw their own conclusions from the little that has been said so far.

This is not just some new bit of gear that they're adding but a whole game changing concept, therefore, it would surely be in the interests of everyone to know exactly how its going to be rather than rather vague hints.

private shards eliminate this.

Are those 50k cans of beans to be spread more or less evenly? Some servers are called 'high loot', is it going to mean anything in 0.49 and later?

Are those 50k cans of beans to be spread more or less evenly? Some servers are called 'high loot', is it going to mean anything in 0.49 and later?

As Legio23 said, nobody can give you an answer to the beans question unless it's from a developer. For "high loot" servers though, that is just to get you to play on their server. Currently every standalone server is identical in how loot is spawned. It is impossible for them to actually make their server have more loot than others.

If I understand this correctly, and that Central Economy, means the hive will decide and limit loot spread across the servers, than this is a huge mistake on multiple levels. First, hackers and those that play 8+ hours a day will snap up all the good gear and no one else will ever see it again. Those of us in North America can expect to go die with a shitty ping on a Russian server where all the good gear is. Second, this will overload traffic on the hive, as people keep server hopping shitty loot less servers. Third, given the lack of zombies and that they mostly just stand there waiting to be shot in a ZOMBIE game, given all the glitches, the crappy melee, that almost a year in persistence is just starting to enter the game, that tents have just made it in, that vehicles are still not in, I could rant on for a couple of pages, but I'll stop here. Given all that, central economy (which shouldn't be implemented anyway) shouldn't even be thought about right now. There's way too much priority stuff that needs to be fixed, sorted or implemented.