TheRedScare

Dear Dolina Survivor....

I am terribly sorry for causing you inconvenience whilst you were just trying to simply survive in this harsh world, but I could not just simply let you go on your merry way for you see, I too was looting that town and you happened to pickup a piece of clothing that I hold near and dear to me. A military beret.

I could have walked up and asked you if you wanted to trade for it but I simply couldn't risk that as I may not get my precious hat if you shot me or didn't want to trade. That is why I shot you from 200M away from the forest. You may hate me for doing so, but in the end. I got my hat. 

who+s+laughing+now+I+got+my+hat+_18f3ad1

• Like 1

Congratulations on your incredibly boring approach to the game and on being among those turning this into another mindless twitch shooter. Enjoy the beret :)

• Like 2

wait... are we supposed to make a post when we kill someone?

am I supposed to cheer for this tale, that will surely be told for generations to come...

should I wait for a Part 2??

I don't.. I don't know what to do..

someone give me direction!!!

• Like 2

Congratulations on your incredibly boring approach to the game and on being among those turning this into another mindless twitch shooter. Enjoy the beret :)

Oh dear. Someone seems annoyed. I have been playing the mod for years and the standalone when it came out (With a break of 6 months) I can tell you that as a lone wolf being a nice friendly guy has no benefits whatsoever. It gets you killed. I try to help people when I can but if I see an armed player I will normally avoid contact with them. This time was an exception as he had a hat I want and rarely find. I don't kill for no reason. Forgive me for playing the game the way I want to play it but I enjoy the game more when I have some gear and I can help new spawns. Instead of trying to be nice to another armed player and being shot on sight.

• Like 3

wait... are we supposed to make a post when we kill someone?

am I supposed to cheer for this tale, that will surely be told for generations to come...

should I wait for a Part 2??

I don't.. I don't know what to do..

someone give me direction!!!

Oh god. Please work on your grammar. If you don't want to read posts like this then don't? Surely your brain can handle that.

Go to Smirnovo north of Novodmitrovsk and you'll find what you're looking for. Don't kill people for a piece of cloth you could easily find if you had more balls. I would understand you're killing people for a M4 with all the attachments but for a beret, you're on the wrong side dude.

• Like 3

Oh dear. Someone seems annoyed. I have been playing the mod for years and the standalone when it came out (With a break of 6 months) I can tell you that as a lone wolf being a nice friendly guy has no benefits whatsoever. It gets you killed. I try to help people when I can but if I see an armed player I will normally avoid contact with them. This time was an exception as he had a hat I want and rarely find. I don't kill for no reason. Forgive me for playing the game the way I want to play it but I enjoy the game more when I have some gear and I can help new spawns. Instead of trying to be nice to another armed player and being shot on sight.

Fair enough mate. Certainly you understand then on some level in that you seem to see that the game has so much more to offer than being sniped from hundreds of meters out for a piece of clothing.  What is disappointing is that so many players seem to want some level of more interesting interaction (whether helpful or banditry) but will give up and resort to taking the easy road and just kill when they have a sure drop on another guy if it suits them in that situation.  

You don't seem to be the mindless KOS'er type and it's definitely valid with your level of experience in the game to feel as you do about trying to be friendly and having your reward all too often be a burst of 5.56 to the face.  

It is of course valid to play how you like in this regard, just thought I'd counter your enthusiasm over the kill with a different point of view and point out its meta-consequences since you did make the post and all - not sure what you were expecting as it seems the first few to respond here reacted similarly to myself.

Perhaps well-moderated private shard servers being released soon will help sort some of this out.

so all I can say is I don't understand the "I just killed some guy" posts at all. enlightenment on the mindset would be most welcome.

• Like 1

Go to Smirnovo north of Novodmitrovsk and you'll find what you're looking for. Don't kill people for a piece of cloth you could easily find if you had more balls. I would understand you're killing people for a M4 with all the attachments but for a beret, you're on the wrong side dude.

I do believe I have balls. God forbid someone kills someone in a game that is only alive because of the pvp aspect!

Oh this again....for the life of me I don't get these posts.

• Like 6

Damn Trizz long time no see and yes, agreed.

Haha yeah, Chernarus wanderlust is going to be lifetime problem for me, me thinks...a disciplined junkie gotta pace it out though

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

I kill on sight if I'm at a disadvantage of some sort. That is to say, if I run into someone in a building or I'm in the open when somebody else can easily get into cover close by I'll usually shoot if getting to cover isn't an option. However, I'm unlikely to shoot somebody from 200 meters away. Seems as though that'd be a pretty avoidable encounter. It's not as if berets are difficult to find, after all.

Still, I have no problem with wanton KoS. Keeps people on their toes. I don't trust anyone. I'm yet to betray someone who, say, put their gun down - but not everyone is as nice as I am. I think I'm pretty reasonable. Have to say that my best DayZ experiences have been when I've actually interacted with other friendly players. Unfortunately genuinely friendly players are few and far between.

• Like 1

Easy mode eh? Well alrighty then.

Edited by haknslash

There is no real point to these posts. I never said there was. I just wanted to share what happened really and possibly meet whoever I shot so I could at least talk to them. For anyone who thinks I am a twitchy armchair general then you are sadly misinformed. I often play the game like I would try and survive if it happened for real. Avoid all forms of interaction and sneak around everywhere with enough supplies to last me a week and fully patch myself up. If I see someone truly hurt and I have decided it isn't a trap Ill come over and patch them up and give them some food and drink then leave before they get too close.

I rarely KOS, like I said this is one of the few times I actually KOS and its mainly for a personal reason. Many of my kills tend to be heavily armed groups gunning down anyone who is along the coast. I have been playing this game for years. There is no point in getting your pants in a twist over KOS. It is what keeps the game so intense, knowing that at every second you could be in someone's sights or being stalked.

If everyone was nice and friendly and came over for a talk any time you meet them the game would be awful. In a real life scenario no one would trust anyone, you would be out for yourself or your group. Sure some people would try and be nice but to me that's like walking up to an angry pitbull and petting it cause it might not want to tear your arm off.

Post review: 1/10

OP has a boring playstyle and no imagination like 90% of the other people playing the alpha ATM and thinks people want to hear about it.

Nobody does. Next time do something interesting and maybe someone will care.

Edited by Hefeweizen

Post review: 1/10

OP has a boring playstyle and no imagination like 90% of the other people playing the alpha ATM and thinks people want to hear about it.

Nobody does. Next time do something interesting and maybe someone will care.

Oh look. Another person who can't read my other posts.

Oh look. Another person who can't read my other posts.

"Can't read your other posts" and "Not at all interested in your other posts." are two very different things. I'm surprised you don't have a grasp on that concept.

Next time make your OP about something remotely interesting and I'll consider reading your follow ups. Promise.

so you could talk to them? bullshit lol

your whole post was full of smug, self righteous, rub-it-in-their face attitude. and don't even try the "well if that's how you read into it." crap either lol

Edited by SkyPig

so you could talk to them? bullshit lol

your whole post was full of smug, self righteous, rub-it-in-their face attitude. and don't even try the "well if that's how you read into it." crap either lol

Yeah it wasn't. I actually don't enjoy KOSing. I wanted to talk to whoever it was. If I pull a dick move I tend to try and at least apologise. 

Hate coming into the room sounding like a hypocrite,

but if you don't like the post then it's probably better not to start trolling the person, or get their back up.

At least he's not screaming for developer blood like the rest of the unwashed masses.

But that said, shooting a man for a hat is probably not the most entertaining idea out there ;3

Now if you were confronted by two thugs in an alley and you had need of a slick to-the-nines coat... well that's nother story.

"Thats' a fine looking coat you've got on there..."

OK back to it!

500full.jpg

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

Hate coming into the room sounding like a hypocrite,

but if you don't like the post then it's probably better not to start trolling the person, or get their back up.

At least he's not screaming for developer blood like the rest of the unwashed masses.

But that said, shooting a man for a hat is probably not the most entertaining idea out there ;3

Now if you were confronted by two thugs in an alley and you had need of a slick to-the-nines coat... well that's nother story.

"Thats' a fine looking coat you've got on there..."

OK back to it!

500full.jpg

At very least he deserves to know how many people think he sucks.

Its like finding out someone watches reality television. Probably be best to just leave it alone... but they're just so damned stupid that you gotta make sure they know it.

I shoot anything that moves, but i don't start threads regarding it.

That said i don't go down to Hyde park in london and start discussing the finer points of why women shouldn't be doing X or Y because Z.

Time and place i say.

These threads are usually either people like the post, or pages of people telling them that they're boring,suck and learn to play fun.

Much of a beer calling bourbon drunk kind of scenario imo.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1