Ampharos

Zambies kill you even when they're dead.

It is literally impossible to kill a zombie with an ax without getting hit by it. 

Aside from the fact that apparently zombies have ranged attacks, they can also give you a good blappin like 2 seconds after you've killed one with an ax. 

Can we please fix this already? 

I'm so sick of getting all my bullshit ruined and breaking my arms. 

Fuck. 

Edited by Ampharos
  • Like 1

Zombies (after almost one year) they are still ridiculously broken... Still going through walls, still seeing you through walls. Hitting them with an ax is like winning the lottery. Sometimes you hit them and kill them and then you get hit by the undead undead...

Instead of adding items, and towns they should work really hard on the zeds...

Zombies (after almost one year) they are still ridiculously broken... Still going through walls, still seeing you through walls. Hitting them with an ax is like winning the lottery. Sometimes you hit them and kill them and then you get hit by the undead undead...

Seriously! Idk It just really REALLY takes the fun out of the game when you can't even fairly fight the zombies. 

I hate spending hours looting towns just to get smacked once by an already killed zombie and have everything in my inventory ruined. 

Meh I guess it's time to quit and just wait for the beta or something. 

It is literally impossible to kill a zombie with an ax without getting hit by it. 

Aside from the fact that apparently zombies have ranged attacks, they can also give you a good blappin like 2 seconds after you've killed one with an ax. 

Fuck. 

No, it is because you suck at killing zombies.  Not to fear though, I used to also.  But then a wise old zombie killer told me the secret of killing zeds.  Now if you get attacked by a pack of them, well, you are SOL son.  Either run, shoot, & reload (this will bring more of them, FYI) or just run until they separate out some and you can try to kill them 1 by 1 in 5 second intervals.  I did this with 7 of them.  But that's not what you need to know right now, you just need to know how to kill 1 or 2.

Hint #1: Get your axe out.  There is no other weapon that works this well besides a gun.  The rest of the farm implements are best left for farmers.

Hint #2: Take off that auto-run.  It makes you move TOO fast to do the next two hints correctly...

Hint #3: Strafing while circling and keeping that dot on the zed. 

Hint #4: tighten the circle as quick as can be.

It isn't 99% perfect, but my dead zombie to clothing ruining hit ratio improved dramatically by doing this.

It works well on crazed bambi bandits as well, and they are plumb loco.

Edited by Zombie Milkman
  • Like 2

Neither of those have  almost EVER worked for me. For me, I have to hit the zombie, and run away as fast I can, and wait for it to die

Fuck. 

I think you mean "figuratively" because I can "literally" kill a zombie without being hit. 

Neither of those have  almost EVER worked for me. For me, I have to hit the zombie, and run away as fast I can, and wait for it to die

You've been doing it wrong then, if you didn't get it to work.

Neither of those have almost EVER worked for me. For me, I have to hit the zombie, and run away as fast I can, and wait for it to die

Wait for it to die? They either die instantly or not at all. You must be experiencing lag out something.

The only time a zed hits me is when they chase me into a house, I move into a different room, but the game still thinks I'm in the room with the zed, leaving him free to swing at nothing yet still land hits on me from 20 meters away. That's definitely aggravating, but beyond that zeds are still very easy to kill.

Strafe is your friend.

• Like 1

Isn't impossible...it just takes some skills and "patience". I blame the "aim-assist" in consoles...it makes people lazy gamers. :P

There are seperate teams dedicated to each of these. Making all of BI work on Zeds regardless of each individual team's expertise, would be like as if you owned a restaurant, & made every single staff member such as your host/hostess, waiters/waitresses, & bus boys all work on one single meal at the same time instead of just the chefs themselves.

Just because we're seeing improvements in different fields, doesn't mean that the zombies are being neglected.  ;)

Maybe the ridiculous ways that Zombies are currently broken is to distract us from the increasing level of hacking.

I can't wait until we see some major improvements in a lot of the big problems. The game is already fun so it's gonna be great when things are so badly broken like zombies and general combat.

My understanding is this (software) someone tell me if Im off the point:

If you strike a zombie, the strike is sent to the server and the server calculates the damage on the zombie and then inflicts it.

If the zombie strikes at you before the incoming damage is inflicted on it, the server calculates the damage and sends it to you.

Before that damage reaches you, you could have seen the zombie react to being hit, and fall down dead.. right ?

You have a small ping-lag, but the animations take an appreciable time (they have to be slower than server calculations so you can see them in real time, that's what they're for)

So how else do you suggest to do this  ??

The server cant "tell the zombie" to stop hitting you BEFORE the damage is registered on it (just because it might be dead soon) ... but maybe you didn't even swing at it yet

The zombie cant wait to make sure you have not hit it, before it launchs an attack ( because how long do you expect it to wait ? ) and the launch-attack is registered in the server before you get the animation, natch

So it's kind of like a dungeons and dragons dice game, you put in your strike, and the zombie puts in it's strike, and the damage is worked out.

If your strike damage is inflicted before the zombie starts a strike (in the server), the zombie will drop dead and not hit you.

But you're both hitting around the same time and the animations spread out what you experience so it takes several moments for this stuff to happen

Keep moving after you hit it, as though its still alive

OR - propose a different way of exchanging damage points

As for hit distance - that's a different thing altogether.

xx pilgrim

I think we can stop this debate right here. AFAIK it's all fixed in 0.49 with Zs hitting you after death, ranged attacks and broken melee.

You've been doing it wrong then, if you didn't get it to work.

Wait for it to die? They either die instantly or not at all. You must be experiencing lag out something.

The only time a zed hits me is when they chase me into a house, I move into a different room, but the game still thinks I'm in the room with the zed, leaving him free to swing at nothing yet still land hits on me from 20 meters away. That's definitely aggravating, but beyond that zeds are still very easy to kill.

Strafe is your friend.

Hey guys, does it feel nice having <100 ping? :(

Edited by SomeCallMeNomad

Hey guys, does it feel nice having <100 ping? :(

I dunno, but it feels real nice having 20-30 ping. :)

Strafe is your friend.

Don't you love that? When you can still hear them attacking you in another room. Your guy will even make those wincing sounds like he's getting beat while you stand there from a distance watching it until the ai catches up.

No, it is because you suck at killing zombies.  Not to fear though, I used to also.  But then a wise old zombie killer told me the secret of killing zeds.  Now if you get attacked by a pack of them, well, you are SOL son.  Either run, shoot, & reload (this will bring more of them, FYI) or just run until they separate out some and you can try to kill them 1 by 1 in 5 second intervals.  I did this with 7 of them.  But that's not what you need to know right now, you just need to know how to kill 1 or 2.

Hint #1: Get your axe out.  There is no other weapon that works this well besides a gun.  The rest of the farm implements are best left for farmers.

Hint #2: Take off that auto-run.  It makes you move TOO fast to do the next two hints correctly...

It isn't 99% perfect, but my dead zombie to clothing ruining hit ratio improved dramatically by doing this.

It works well on crazed bambi bandits as well, and they are plumb loco.

The same approach I take B)

ALSO another hint : Aim Low (seriously) like you are trying to hit them in the knees

First person is the best way to kill the infected imo.  You get a better perspective of the angle of attack when in first person.  Also, you can see when they are about to attack, side step, line up your swing and BAM!!  Head shot!!!