Sign in to follow this  
Acher0n

Combat is a complete lottery.

Awaiting the wipe (which has never happened), i ran to Berezino.

I ran through a treeline and was literally greeted immeidately by an enemy about 15ft in front of me. He was coming for me based on the few shots i fired into town.

I unloaded about 15 rounds of AK101 into his chest. Didnt see him go down, went unconscious, and died.

Respawned in the town at the top right, just north of Bere. Ran back, maybe 8 minutes? My body was gone, couldnt find his. (Can anyone explain this? I thought they only vanished when the server reset?) ive no idea if I killed him or not.

Ran towards Bere with my crowbar, saw a few guys, knew they were going to kill me, as they ran around at 4000mph, teleporting all over the place etc etc. This is the norm for this game.

Seriously, characters when viewed by another person need to seriously be slowed down. It's impossible to know where the enemy actually is, hence a lottery. I bet the guy i shot earlier was probably 20ft to the left, thats why he probably survived and I died.

It is not lottery. It is about being smart and knowing where people tend to be and counter that.

However there are many occasions where death may seem unfair. Yesterday i shot a guy two times with a mosin at short range. the guy didn't even flinch. He turned around and killed me. And what do you mean with the 4000mph? that they were cheating? I've seen a ton of players doing that too lately. Berezino is full players teleporting around and running at insane speeds. Almost like there is zero cheat protection... 

Edited by Alienpope

My body was gone, couldnt find his. (Can anyone explain this? I thought they only vanished when the server reset?) ive no idea if I killed him or not.

If someone else looted them and then chose "hide body" option I believe you wouldn't be able to see it anymore. This is likely what happened. Also, the body will expire and disappear, I forget what the time limit on that is - it's like 10 minutes or something.

If someone else looted them and then chose "hide body" option I believe you wouldn't be able to see it anymore. This is likely what happened. Also, the body will expire and disappear, I forget what the time limit on that is - it's like 10 minutes or something.

I don't think the hide body is functioning properly.  The body stays but can't be looted and I believe it is around 30 mins now for it to actually disappear.

That's what I thought too, that selecting "hide body" just makes it unlootable.

However, bodies are not staying longer than 10 minutes no matter what right now. So that's why you didn't see your body.

The game engine is maxed out, especially with persistent loot and loot respawning. That's why zombies are now magical and can hit you 3 seconds after their death animation from you shooting them. As awesome as this game concept is that I love, the alpha as it is right now is utterly broken.

At least bodies stay 10 minutes now. Remember a few patches ago when bodies disappeared within 30 seconds? My god, that was really bad because every kill was useless since you could not loot anyone in time.

But it's alpha so it's all good. Have fun guys.

it is even more a lottery to try to looting someone once you kill him...because of the ragdoll badly done.

and someone hidden my reply, that was more simple to delete just a word.

Edited by GunnyITA

Awaiting the wipe (which has never happened), i ran to Berezino.

I ran through a treeline and was literally greeted immeidately by an enemy about 15ft in front of me. He was coming for me based on the few shots i fired into town.

I unloaded about 15 rounds of AK101 into his chest. Didnt see him go down, went unconscious, and died.

Respawned in the town at the top right, just north of Bere. Ran back, maybe 8 minutes? My body was gone, couldnt find his. (Can anyone explain this? I thought they only vanished when the server reset?) ive no idea if I killed him or not.

Ran towards Bere with my crowbar, saw a few guys, knew they were going to kill me, as they ran around at 4000mph, teleporting all over the place etc etc. This is the norm for this game.

Seriously, characters when viewed by another person need to seriously be slowed down. It's impossible to know where the enemy actually is, hence a lottery. I bet the guy i shot earlier was probably 20ft to the left, thats why he probably survived and I died.

Ok....DayZ SA spawned from Arma 2, which came from the Operation Flashpoint series. These are some of the best combat sims ever. It is not a lottery, in fact Arma series is based off real small unit infantry tactics. Is it buggy in dayz on high ping servers yes. Is there lag on high ping servers yes. But its not a lottery. You may be suffering from a latency or ping related issue...or it maybe possible that you still have some learning to do...I don't know you so I will not pass judgement. From what you wrote also it maybe vary well be the server you were on had hackers on it. Berenzino is were they spoted from time to time.

The person that ran at you from "4000mph" sounds like a hacker. Using the teleport cheat.

The good news is if this was hackers you saw, there not that common...infact rare. If it really was hackers you saw then it is not a lotery that just plain cheating on there part and shame on them.

Lately when I hear whats sounds like an m4 rattling off 1000s of rounds....more rounds then anyone in game could carry...or see someone zig zaging and glitching all over the map...I just log off the server. In fact racently I was camping Novo up on a hill and I heard allot of shoting going on in Novo then heard an M4 going nuts like were talking hunderds of rounds...more that seemed posible with games current mechanics. Even more so seeing there are much harder to find. My gut said stay and see what happens...my better judgement took over and I just loged out. Becuase if they have unlimted ammo, they probably have teleport and esp. They have the upper hand in every way. Its pretty lame feel the need to cheat.

Edited by CJFlint

Combat in this game is magdumping into the other guy and hoping he doesn't magdump into you before the game says he's dead.

If you disagree you clearly haven't seen how everyone fights.

• Like 1

Max pain said it best,a firefight is all luck.

This is true in dayz,you might have all the gear in the world but if one guy with fists sneaks up on you he can end you.

In this case tho its not the good type of luck,combat has always been a lagging mess so that does not suprise me.

Max pain said it best,a firefight is all luck.

The game should get renamed to LagZ. Ok, you can evolve some kind of prediction skills over time, but a delay of two or three seconds or even longer are not funny in a game with PvP action.

Edited by lauda

Sounds like you met a cheater. I saw someone post videos of what you describe here, and it was obvious that it was cheating. I have experienced things that don't make sense like these my self, like people you are shooting at suddenly being behind you even if that would be impossible without being able to teleport, which they do. Cheating in this game looks easy, and it has always been cheaters in this game making it hell for everyone else, and the only thing that will "solve" it, is the update where lockable servers/white-lists are made available. 

Relax yall , the Desync and lag will slowly be worked out all the way through alpha and beta so let's get used to that as it is not as bad when you have a good internet connection and decent rig .

The ragdoll causes bodies to slide down slopes (which will be fixed) and the body time limit thing will turn into bodies decaying (seeing as how the last few dev blogs have talked about the "life time" of items , id assume this would mean bodies/containers too eventually) , or in the least have a much longer despawn time like 45 mins .

Yeah, had this the other day too.  Had a blaze double and he'd run out of his shotgun rounds.  Had him in the upper left-room with the two desks and the weapon spawns, he was towards the racking and i had blocked his exit by standing between the desks.  I should have had him cold, but he ran around in circles at full speed indoors.  It's like when you shake your hand in front of your face really really fast across your vision, he was just a series of super-sayan images existing eveywhere and nowhere.  It's been like this before, and other posters have complained of being brained by bambi-fists when they had an AK and couldn't hit diddly...

it is a bit rediculous, somewhat realistic in that you should have difficulty hitting someone at close range even with a pistol, but especially with a long-arm, but rather frustrating nonetheless.