WuBzAtYoUrDoOrStEpZ

M4A1 Can i be added back to Genral Military?

I meant learn about world armaments. For instance, you never know when It could be important to know that there is about 1 gun for every american in the US. Or that for about 20 bucks USD you can get an AK at certain spots in rural Africa. Or that not every country has M4a1s "because".

Going price is about 35 depending where and with how much ammo, and, in a certain African country I was based 20 dollars and a tshirt could get someone.....removed.

Edited by Legio23
  • Like 1

Ok now M4A1 is very hard to find because it can only be found in heli crash site's but I think you should be able to find it in General Military because the UN use's the M4A1 and what we have seen the UN was in Chernarus so they would have M4A1's  so if a Dev is seeing this please ad it back I loved the M4A1

ok so far ive avoided "lookin" or "hunting" heli crash's cause ive ever only seen them spawn in a small handful of places. not as intended.

however in 1 day. i found 3 m4a1's 

1 @ heli crash, goto balota drink waterbottle in tents. m4 disapears through floor. great

leave balota. run towards svet (cause there is always action there). get to kamishovo. dead guy on ground with 2 zombies over him and a m4 on the ground. 

die in berez after firefight with multiple hostiles. 

spawn in novo. run up stairs. bottom of ladder. another m4. ha.

just my luck

Really not hard to find one. Kill anyone in the triangle of death and they have a great chance of dropping a fully kitted M4 with 1.2 x e15 ammo in it. 

• Like 1

What's the triangle of death? 

Pretty much the NE part of the map, that is the part where nobody has any reason to leave.

Ah... well, my own triangle of death is Balota-Elektro-NWAF. Since most military grade loot spawns there, most players I encounter there are the trigger-happy geared-up kind. I'd say 70% of the times I was PKed was in that area. The NE may be high-PVP, but most KOS types seem to circle around their loot spots. I've seen many geared players in the NE but most have been friendly or neutral. And the bandits didn't just up and kill me, they made the effort to make it a proper stick-up. I can even forgive them for the rotten food they fed me before leaving me naked and bound.

The M4 rare? Every second or third helicrash I see has one and numerous mags, attachments etc. It should be even rarer considering how easy these heli crashes can be found.

I'd have to say that in the last 30 or so crashes I've come across I haven't found one.

Actually, after seeing that special Lady Valor about the kick ass Seal that became a cross dresser, I have mad respect for the guy and take back my comment about My Little Pony avatars for men. I am actually a very progressive person and have no problem with peoples personal choices.

I just want to know where did the unicorn/my little pony characters get popular? Like is it a new cartoon that boys and girls grow up on? I'm 37 years old so I'm too old to know about all the cool stuff I guess.

LOL. You fold quick. As a US SOF member I can tell you, he/she is blackballed, more so for reasons of using the SEAL Teams to make a profit than for her gender choices.  All the Team guys I know who knew Chris Beck vouched for how fuckin weird he was. Also, he never served with DEVGRU, he held an admin position with them. No assessment, no selection, no DEVGRU.

The pony shit is gay. Counterculture, is what it is.

Edited by IronCross
  • Like 2

The pony shit is gay.

You have been told several times to quit the homophobic remarks, but you completely ignore it.

Off you go, then.

• Like 4

No the m4a1 should remain a helicopter spawn.

The m4 is the defacto special forces weapon in the world no other weapon system is anywhere near as versatile and modular as it.

All things considered the m4 should be the one of the premier weapon systems in the game due to how versatile it is and how it can not only adapt but rule over any role.

The M4 is also one of 2 standard issue service rifles for the United States Army and Marine Corps, and the Army is replacing their existing M4s with the M4A1. It may be a defacto weapon for a special forces operator, but it's also a common weapon.

The M4 is also one of 2 standard issue service rifles for the United States Army and Marine Corps, and the Army is replacing their existing M4s with the M4A1. It may be a defacto weapon for a special forces operator, but it's also a common weapon.

Yes in the United States who knows if it should be common in chenarus.

For all we know regular US troops were not at chenarus but instead just a small amount of special forces.

Either way the m4 is far too modular and versatile to be a common drop it should be a restricted loot drop along with its accesories.

Yes in the United States who knows if it should be common in chenarus.

For all we know regular US troops were not at chenarus but instead just a small amount of special forces.

Chenarus is based in part on the Czech Republic, whose MP forces use the M4 (a variant of it anyway), so it's not unreasonable to expect that in places where one would mind MPs (tent cities, roadblocks, etc), there would be M4s.

Either way the m4 is far too modular and versatile to be a common drop it should be a restricted loot drop along with its accesories.

Not if they're going to have 130487 attachments for the AK series. The AK has the capability to attach every type of scope the M4 can except the red dots and BIS, and can attach everything else save the silencer (which I'm sure is coming, and doesn't work on the M4 anyways) If they're going to move the AK101 to heli crashes and have the modular attachments fit only that gun, and make the AKM the standard assault rifle, then I may agree with you. But so long as the AKM and the AK101 both can fit all the attachments, then your argument has no merit.

Edited by sloasdaylight

Chenarus is based in part on the Czech Republic, whose MP forces use the M4 (a variant of it anyway), so it's not unreasonable to expect that in places where one would mind MPs (tent cities, roadblocks, etc), there would be M4s.

Not if they're going to have 130487 attachments for the AK series. The AK has the capability to attach every type of scope the M4 can except the red dots and BIS, and can attach everything else save the silencer (which I'm sure is coming, and doesn't work on the M4 anyways) If they're going to move the AK101 to heli crashes and have the modular attachments fit only that gun, and make the AKM the standard assault rifle, then I may agree with you. But so long as the AKM and the AK101 both can fit all the attachments, then your argument has no merit.

Ideally the accessories for all weapons will be loot restricted or even better restricted and only spawn on weapons.

Take the SVD for instance it should when found spawn with the pso scope and then be a controlled spawn, meaning say 1000 svds spawn throughout all the servers that also means only 1000 pso scopes spawn too.

While nothing is stopping someone from removing the pso scope from an svd and putting it on an akm or ak 101 it would also mean you find akms with them far less likely.

Are we going by the Armaverse timeline? Then there was a much bigger american presence, not just the Force Recon (Razor Team). The entire MEU was invading the coast as well early on.

Why do want to use capitalistic dog american rifle ?

Use comrade Stalin approved, Mikhail Kalashnikov designed rifle. 

• Like 3

124531956b403214483_7eb8.gif

disclaimer, this pots is not homophobic, op is probably not gay, he's far worse, he is a pony huger. 

Edited by General Zod

You are in the R.A.F. and you use a My Little Pony avatar? If a U.S. Air Force member had a My Little Pony avatar he wouldn't stop hearing shit from the guys about it for life. I don't get the my little pony thing that is going on with people these days. What is that all about?

Furries, mostly. They're people who get off over anthropomorphic animals, wear animal ears/tails/costumes and meet up with other like minded furries in state parks/conventions/motels for orgies. Additionally, hygiene and social skills are not big parts of furry culture.

Put short, they're super creepy.

Edited by Hefeweizen

Yeah, I mean, I sort of can't believe we're still having the "does it fit in Chernarus" argument again. Thought we were past this...

Why can't we be debating whether or not the M4A1 should be a helicopter-only spawn, given its innate capabilities?

But, just for the sake of completeness...

1. AR-15 platform, one of the most widely exported/distributed assault rifles in the world

2. AR-15 platform, one of the most prolifically used/manufactured assault rifles in the world

3. AR-15 platform, the standard-issue service rifle of many-a-country worldwide

4. AR-15 platform, a weapon likewise favored by many global SOF units over the decades

5. AR-15 platform, a weapon with non-military manufacturers in relevant countries such as Germany, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Russia, Montenegro, and Georgia respectively

6. AR-15 platform, a weapon provided for in the acknowledged background fiction of DayZ/Chernarus.

I'm not saying it should be common (or as common as say, an AK), but christ, it's the Burger King of assault rifles. The AK is the McDonald's. Is it really that hard?

On-topic, however...

The M4A1, first and foremost, does not warrant being regulated by the central loot economy. It is an assault rifle, inherently intermediate and mid-range in every aspect. Its only niche is the fact that it's passable at everything. Hence why assault rifles are issued as general-purpose issue rifles to most (if not all) militaries worldwide.

Secondly, it's mid-range in terms of modularity as well. Which in my mind, makes it marginally unworthy of being a helicopter-only spawn. It requires the looting of an extra RIS system to be fully modular. Whereas weapons like the Mk 17 and others have railed handguards already (thus not requiring an extra rare loot item). These weapons, in my opinion, warrant being helicopter-only spawns and/or regulated. Not the M4A1.

I'm also not entirely sure where people are getting the "it's a top-tier weapon" from. There are much more "tactical" and advanced weapon platforms out there now, the M4A1 is pretty dern humdrum these days compared to some newer (I mean, the concept behind the M4A1 has been around since the 1960s, some innovation would have to occur in fifty-odd years right?) weapon platforms.

That and there's not a huge gulf in terms of performance by comparison to its much more common, and easily supplied counterparts (i.e. the AKM, AK-101/AK-74M, and SKS). In fact, I'd posit that the AKM/SKS is just patently better than the M4A1, largely owing to how easy it is to supply.

The M4A1 is also not really any more modular than the AKM/AK-101 in DayZ now. I mean, what? It can mount a suppressor and a few CQC optics? I suspect the AK platform will be getting suppressors and CQC optics eventually.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

To be a little more on topic:

In the DayZ standalone eastern weapons are common, western weapons are more rare. It is really a simple concept, no need for further discussion IMO.

I read a bunch of nitpicking and lore lawyering in this thread, but none of it seems more important than concept above. 

• Like 1

Things are just Jim dandy the way they are. In the past two weeks I have found numerous Helicopter Crashes and recovered 3 M4A1's . Since I use an AKM w PSO-1 scope I take the M4s and the magazines I find and ditch them where they wont be found by the end of the server cycle..gone.  7.62 x 39 magazines and drums are plentiful and 20rnd boxes of ammo are all over the place life is a bed of roses.

The Devs should change nothing  except spawn some wrecked Hummers with some random NATO gear in them. I hated it at first but assuring the Eastern block and Soviet  weapons are the most common makes sense. There should be 1 M4 for ever 20 AKs or less.

• Like 2

I really just wish they get rid of all military loot all together.... 

You're a funny Elvis 

I like you

That's why I'm going to KoS you last. 

Since I use an AKM w PSO-1 scope I take the M4s and the magazines I find and ditch them where they wont be found by the end of the server cycle..gone.

What a sweetie...

OT, I think things are fine the way they are. Certainly don't think M4s should be in gen mil loot. Much harder to find atm than AKs in my recent experience, and that's as it should be.

• Like 1

No the m4a1 should remain a helicopter spawn.

The m4 is the defacto special forces weapon in the world no other weapon system is anywhere near as versatile and modular as it.

All things considered the m4 should be the one of the premier weapon systems in the game due to how versatile it is and how it can not only adapt but rule over any role.

Except that in the real world, the "M4" is definitely not the weapon of choice for special forces anywhere.  In DayZ land, where we all reside, the AKM is pretty much just as 'versatile' with attachments.