hothtimeblues

Ok. Can they please either reduce armor from clothing.... Or

Or they can just reduce the sprint speed dramatically so it is not like this.

Yes that is the sprint speed in dayz btw , 30 km/h

Not sure which dev said it but it was mentioned that the run speed will not be toned down until a vehicle is implemented. 

Edited by kichilron
Removed Video without Spoilers.

Uh, oh. So anyone can escape long distance death if they simply never stand still. This makes the game boring.

Cars will be another 12 months methinks. So speedy gonzalez is here to stay.

Not sure which dev said it but it was mentioned that the run speed will not be toned down until a vehicle is implemented. 

Yup thats great news.

I am not sure why they are waiting for vehicles to implemented when they could have nailed the player movement speed early on. It is not like vehicles will be so wide spread to have any meaningful effect on the average player.

Yup thats great news.

I am not sure why they are waiting for vehicles to implemented when they could have nailed the player movement speed early on. It is not like vehicles will be so wide spread to have any meaningful effect on the average player.

Lol, are you seriously asking this?  People are already bitching about having to run for more than 10 mins.  I couldn't imagine what these forums would be like if run speed was turned down.

• Like 1

Lol, are you seriously asking this?  People are already bitching about having to run for more than 10 mins.  I couldn't imagine what these forums would be like if run speed was turned down.

Let them bitch . Within 2 weeks they will stop complaining and adapt.

Run/sprint speed is fine. If you can't shoot a sprinting target, that's your problem. Don't make it ours.

edit: It already got nerfed down from the fisticuffs sprinting speed anyways lol. It's fine the way it is.

Edited by bonesnap

Or quit the game, I don't see how having to run this much can be considered a good thing, it's boring and doesn't bring much into the game. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

You wish.  In 2 weeks, there'll be 9 threads on how running is broken, 3 on on how great it is, 2 complaining it wasn't on the road map, 5 demanding vehicles be the top priority, 2 complaining zeds are too fast and OP as well,  1 about sprinting upstairs in fire stations breaks your legs and 1 from you complaining scope sway when walking and aiming is unrealistic. 

Or quite the game, I don't how having to run this much can be considered a good thing, it's boring and doesn't bring much into the game. 

Would it be any different than driving?  You'd be doing the exact same thing except in a vehicle.  And FYI, our characters run at 30km/h

Run/sprint speed is fine. If you can't shoot a sprinting target, that's your problem. Don't make it ours.

edit: It already got nerfed down from the fisticuffs sprinting speed anyways lol. It's fine the way it is.

Watch out, we got oursevles a bad ass here! So you can harness the mysteries of netcode when you fire a round at an impossibly sprinting target outside of 400M? If the game was consistent enough, I may see your point. But since the netcode is so bad after the last update, there is no consistency in leading bullet rounds at good distances.

Furthermore...

But it's so fake how fast we can sprint and for unending distances. Do you want Dayz which focuses on survival, choices, and limited toon's skills and inventory/weapons?

Or do you want Battlefield, Counter Strike, or Call of Duty where every player's toon is an elite and magical soldier that would make Kurt Russell from "Soldier" look like a little bitch?

I don't get you enjoy DayZ but also enjoy the fakeness of how we sprint. And because of this sprinting, even after shot with a high powered mosin round, it makes killing people over 400M near impossible. Which is equally fake.

Edited by hothtimeblues

when you fire a round at an impossibly sprinting target outside of 400M

Well, there's your first problem. Firing at a fast-moving target from 400 metres away should not be easy to begin with.

Second, it's alpha. I'm betting the netcode will not settle to adequate levels during this time frame. Everyone is playing this alpha criticising the living s*** out of it, when it is not even half complete. Quit trying to play it for enjoyment when it is a test-bed for a final product, one that is actually made for enjoyment.

Want to nerf player movespeed because you're having difficulties hitting a full-sprinting target at 400 metres. Bugger off, lol. It'll get easier when the netcode is touched-up.

Patience..

Soon™

Edited by bonesnap

I got in a melee fight in Berezino (why do I still go there?). I met two bambis in the lumber yard, and one of them just started punching me in the head for no reason. I had a fireaxe, so I was thinking, easy match. Then the other one had a regular axe, so it got a little bit worse, but I had a plan. run around the one without an axe and take him out easy, then focus on the one with the axe. Wasn't that easy. We ran around eachother for 5 minutes, and I probably got one hit in. The other guy got three and I died. 

Lesson learned:

- Axe is as powerfull as a mosin, if you hit, which is damn near impossible at the moment.

- KoS everyone you don't know. 

lel

i like how DayZ being in alpha is somehow the trump card in the discussion of players running so fast it makes pvp a joke. discussion's over people, pack it up!

With the mosin:

I shot a guy in the head who had a helmet and all that happened was he knocked out for the amount of time it took the falling animation to play, then stood back up (about 1-2 seconds).  I then had to shoot him twice more in the chest to kill him, which indicates to me that the head shot hardly even did any real damage.

I shot another guy twice in the chest, the second shot only knocking him out then had to shoot him again to kill him.

It regularly takes about 3 shots to kill most people who are "kitted." 

I agree it's total shit, the main thing as you say is that the first shot does nothing to slow them down unless it's a leg shot.  Of course if you shoot them in the legs, you're probably looking at 4 shots total to kill some one, and it's actually pretty difficult to hit a prone target at distance.

I don't think sniping should be easier (it's already pretty easy), but I think head shotting anyone with a mosin round should kill them.  These helmets aren't designed to withstand that shit.  If it does knock them out, it should be a long ass knock out, not 1 second.  It should be 2 chest shots to kill imo, and the first one should really fuck you up.

In the mod, 1 shot from a sniper rifle knocked you out, the second killed you.

Hopefully we see damage in general become a lot less randomized by gear.  I'd rather bullet protection come solely from wearing actual body armor, rather than how many layers of shit and items you have on.

The guy you shot in the helmet, assuming it was a combat helmet in pristine condition it can take 1-2 hits from a m4a1, one hit from a mosin it might still do damage to the player, will always knock out but to take 3 shots total to kill him is totaly normal realistic maybe not but consitant yes

You wish.  In 2 weeks, there'll be 9 threads on how running is broken, 3 on on how great it is, 2 complaining it wasn't on the road map, 5 demanding vehicles be the top priority, 2 complaining zeds are too fast and OP as well,  1 about sprinting upstairs in fire stations breaks your legs and 1 from you complaining scope sway when walking and aiming is unrealistic. 

If it is anything like the Arma 3 , sway, stamina, and weight systems.

There will be whining and crying for the first 2 weeks then the majority of the community sees the benefits of such systems and shuts the vocal minority up.

Killed 7 people tonight with the Mosin...9 shots...8 hits.

150 yard one shot centre mass Kill...bambi

300 yard miss....350 yard one hit using trap method versus zigzag leading to broken legs (centre mass aim)...350 yard hit versus rolling player Kill...bambi

200 yard two shots centre mass Kill...bambi

250 yard one shot centre mass Kill...geared

300 yard one shot head Kill...geared sniper

200 yard one shot head Kill...complete bambi standing in field trying to flush me out for sniper above

250 yard one shot head kill...geared

When I say bambi I mean somewhat geared...except the one I mentioned.

Geared sniper I shot had pristine gear but his scope was badly damaged, not sure if it is possible to hit someone's scope if they are scoping at the time. I like to think so.

Mucking about last night, I took two shots at a clan mate who was at my maximum rendering distance...in yardage it was 1050. Stood there in his underpants with his hands up, first shot missed, but he heard the zing....second shot kill.

Edited by Gliamunja