trankin

prized memories/moments?

I wanna know what every ones favorite moments in dayz were. I mean That one thing you brag about. No exaggerating or lieing please im not looking for expert stuff idc If you tell me if its when you first 1 v 2 someone.

Mine was I just got reset for some reason so I had no gear. I had a close spawn to berezino like a 5 min walk so I trot down to start scavaging. I found a sporter 22 in the police station with a 30 round clip I don't remember if I found the clip there or somewhere else though. I had 20 mins before work and was bored so ifigured screw it ill go on high pop and do some pvp. so I log into a high 30s server and spawn in the police station. I walk out the door and instantly get shot at from the pub area I didn't see exactly so I run back in and look out the window. I  saw one person coming towards me so I took him out. took me about 5 shots. everything goes quiet for a couple mins so I got cocky and walked down the stairs the minuet  turned the corner there is a fully geared guy with a m4 I lifted up my gun and we started fighting. I wound up killing him and had about 10 bullets left. I run outside towards the church and there is another guy in the exact same gear probably a duper. and I killed him and had about 2 or 3 shots left. by this time I was almost out of ammo and had to leave for work so I walk back to my location I wanted to log at and I found out that the first guy only went unconscious I never tried to loot any of them. he started shooting at me and I wound up putting him unconscious again and finished him with my axe and logged. 

Had recently spawned in near krasnostav, went to loot in there managed to get a blaze and about 5 bullets not much else. Went to one of those little brown houses with the porch and an upstairs that doesn't go anywhere and there was a bag in the middle of the dining room. I walk towards it, pick it up and *bang* sniper shot whistles just last my head. I quickly go to run out the building before deciding ill actually have a better chance going upstairs and hiding. I run up and wait for maybe 2 minutes and I hear footsteps in the building. The player comes in the way I had looks at where I has been stood and goes to leave the house so I sneak down the stairs and blast him in the back of his head whilst yelling 'surprise mutha fucka!!!'.

And suddenly I'm fully geared with everything I could ever need to be a camper.

• Like 1

ok I gotta mention this again (yes I told some of this in another thread).

I was heading into the base at veresnik and was startled by another player I had not noticed on my quick recon (my tactics have since changed) but he lowered his weapon and choose to speak so I lowered my axe. we decided to loot the base together. it had already been looted so we were really just going thru the scraps but when we came to the jail he rushed in to clear the building and then came out as I was just getting to the door. he informs that its all clear inside and there is still some good gear in there (I may have upgraded my backpack, don't recall for sure) but when I came back out he was standing a bit away from the door naked. I was rather startled and somewhat concerned when he speaks up and says "hey if there is anything here you need just help yourself", his gear had been neatly laid out in rows to make for easy viewing. wow ok so I check his gear and as I was pretty much geared up anyway and only looking for one or two hard to find items in the first place I graciously declined and he picked up all of his gear. did I mention we were in the middle of the base at veresnik? on a high pop experimental server? lunacy I tell ya. I gave him directions to zelenogorsk and we parted ways with a friendly wave. this was months ago but I will never ever forget that one.

Phillip, again if you are reading this, you have provided one of the single most interesting experiences I have ever had in gaming and I have been gaming since Pong, thanks man!

• Like 1

The most fun and memorable dayz moment I had was when I logged into a third person server and laid on top of the firestation at NWAF. Killed about 20 players in one hour...sometimes groups of 3-4 players. They where running around like confused ants when I started firing. I still log into 3rd person servers whenever I feel the need to do some target practice.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

I wanna know what every ones favorite moments in dayz were. I mean That one thing you brag about. No exaggerating or lieing please im not looking for expert stuff idc If you tell me if its when you first 1 v 2 someone.

Mine was I just got reset for some reason so I had no gear. I had a close spawn to berezino like a 5 min walk so I trot down to start scavaging. I found a sporter 22 in the police station with a 30 round clip I don't remember if I found the clip there or somewhere else though. I had 20 mins before work and was bored so ifigured screw it ill go on high pop and do some pvp. so I log into a high 30s server and spawn in the police station. I walk out the door and instantly get shot at from the pub area I didn't see exactly so I run back in and look out the window. I  saw one person coming towards me so I took him out. took me about 5 shots. everything goes quiet for a couple mins so I got cocky and walked down the stairs the minuet  turned the corner there is a fully geared guy with a m4 I lifted up my gun and we started fighting. I wound up killing him and had about 10 bullets left. I run outside towards the church and there is another guy in the exact same gear probably a duper. and I killed him and had about 2 or 3 shots left. by this time I was almost out of ammo and had to leave for work so I walk back to my location I wanted to log at and I found out that the first guy only went unconscious I never tried to loot any of them. he started shooting at me and I wound up putting him unconscious again and finished him with my axe and logged. 

I would say my best was in Svetlo - this happened maybe 4 months ago.

There I was running down the street with just a Fire Extinguisher and very little other gear (I was a bambi). 2 guys come up to me talking to me, then a 3rd and a 4th join in, just chatting, all having fun......... and that's when the madness begins. The 2 guys who were together had small gun of sorts and an ax, they attacked me. I bust a move and get out my fire extinguisher. Thanks to the knock down factor it has I kept knocking them to the ground which helped subdue the gunfire. Here's where it gets interesting... the 3rd and 4th dude all get the same idea, and attack the people who were attacking me while also attacking me at the same time. A battle royale so to speak breaks at the edge of Svetlo. Long story short - that was the day I learned not to underestimate the fire extinguisher. I ended up knocking the other 4 people out and killing them, and looted everything they had that I could use. 1 of the 4 spawned close and came back, I let him loot what was left and we headed off to cooperate on loot in another town, Krasno I think.

My second best day was approaching Berezino. This happened maybe 3 months ago.

So I got killed down near Elektro and spawned south of Berezino (this was before all of the spawns were moved north). As I was trying to get my bearings I ran into 2 dudes who were talking about a guy killing everyone in Berezino and how they wanted help taking him down. I was game, so we headed North on the road. We ran into 2 other bambis and recruited them. Then we ran into yet 2 more bambis, and recruited them as well. 7 essentially bambis, not a gun on us, zerged Berezino and we did end up taking the shooter down but I think only 2 of us lived. If I recall the guy had an unlimited mag which was part of the problem. I've come to know this night as "the bambi zerg night".

• Like 1

Memorable months huh? Mine would be just a few weeks ago. I have never seen a grenade up to this point. I was going to loot the military jail north of svetlo. I get there and Yes! The door is closed. Thinking I have all the sweet loot to my self I open the door and three army buff players are crouched looking at each other. Instantly I hose all three with every round in my drum mag screaming lihe a 11yo girl at a beiber concert. I start looting these guys and holy shit one had a grenade. So here I am grenade in hand not even knowing how to use it when I hear a voice call out to me "put your hands up it die". Well I freak and pull the pin. He got about three words out telling me to drop my gear and BOOM! Grenade goes off and we are booth dead. Best fun ever

• Like 1

Mine is probably when I was covering my friend in Elektro with a sniper. Killed 3 guys from ~650m with my Mosin in one minute so my fresh spawn friend could get their gear. I felt so proud after that :)

I have some nice memories from the mod when I first found that great spot at the NWAF that overlooks the barracks and the ATC tower. It was hardly known by anyone then. I had a DMR. Learned how the mildots worked and sniped a bunch of people.

NWAF middle barracks - lay prone down near a tree and saw 4 players go in and out of the barracks. 2 remained.

They were chatty and loud and didn't seem to have a care in the world for caution, opening and closing doors.  I had my SKS trained on their exit, like a coiled snake ready to strike, i lay motionless in my camo-clothing at the base of the conifer.

Only two now in the barracks, the other two having run down South into the forested area parallel to the 'strip, the last two came out.  The first one pausing at the doorway - the second one blocked from exit.

CRACK CRACK CRACK

the man dropped to the floor.  It seems the third hadn't gone too far, as he appeared from the far side of the barrack, coming into view just behind where I had dropped his friend.

CRACK CRACK

a second down, but during this assault the one still inside the barrack had decided to break out, my first shot nearly missing him, but connecting with his accomplice.

He loosed a few rounds in my direction but he seemed confused so I rolled my die - lay still.  Like a gazelle thrashing in the muddy river banks when confronted by a crocodile, he had no idea and was simply flailing or chest-beating.  Your prey has panicked.  Wait.

5 rounds down, the 'second' began making tracks to me.  I saw his weapon out and armed with a gas-mask, he actually ran near the conifer bunch immediately to my right and lay down.  I stood ran and emptied my remaining 5 rounds into his body.

Jesus Christ!  What had I stumbled upon?  They barely fired a shot and i'm 10 rounds down and not a scratch on me.  Now on to the fourth.  I circled round south, skirting the edge of the wooded area, just inside, taking my time not to over-expose myself, and lurching around trees as much as possible as impromptu cover. 

I heard him first.  The tinny TOC TOC TOC of an M4.  He was close, maybe 70meters out, but I couldn't see him, TOC TOC TOC TOC TOC TOC.  The rounds fizzed overhead to no effect.  Cursing him and thanking the DayZ gods in one breath, i withdrew a few meters into the forest.  Then I saw him.  Dressed in a red check shirt and armed with an M4, he dashed out of cover, loosing several more rounds.

TOC TOC TOC *GNCHHghhuughh*

I took a single M4 hit and my screen blurred and went a lot more grey than i was comfortable with. He was so close, still loosing rounds but failed to hit me.  What was going ON.

Without a thought, I lined him up, and my SKS screamed bloody murder into his chest.  I ended up taking his M4 and stashing it in the Southern prison block, swapping it out for an AK before persistence.  I had a look through the ACOG sight before dumping it though, and found what may have been the players' problem: whenever i brought the acog to sight, I would look down at the rail and not through the optic piece. The view was completely obscured, and the man hopefully had this issue (and not for lack of accuracy) but in his rush to shoot at me, he failed to remove the optic.  Even after un/equipping and dropping the rifle+optic, stripping the parts clean and reassembling i still could not get it to work.  AK it was.

Returning to my three extra prizes, I saw a vermin scum and his friend picking through my trophies.  Indignant and chuckling to myself at my good luck, my Kalashnikov punished them for their poor timing.

Feeling hungry after such an exertion, i popped a can of beans and decided to wait in the connifers further towards the fenceline, wondering what further luck i may have that day.

The server restarted and i started fresh in Gorka :3

This game is glorious when it works 'right'.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Me and three friends were flying a Huey around the shore, looking for kids to troll.

See a bunch of road flares around Kamenka, surefire noob.

Fly down almost directly on top of him as he's running.

Ask if he wants to go on an adventure.

No voip, types YEAH SURE.

His name is snoopy101.

I will never forget.

We fly to blown up church in Kumyrna.

Whole ride friend in back is reassuring him that we have a sick camp with many guns.

Other friend is quietly chanting so we can just barely hear over the helicopter noise.

"sacrifice... sacrifice... sacrifice..."

We land in graveyard in front of church.

March snoopy101 at gunpoint inside.

Plan is to break his legs, bleed him out slowly, blood bag, and repeat.

Get to the back of the church where the roof has caved in, we call it the Altar.

"Rudebones, PREPARE THE SACRIFICE"

Hatchet swings.

Accidentally hit him in the head.

That kid has the best story.

Me and same three friends are wandering the shore hunting hackers.

Thermal AS50's and Soldier Camo in stock, trophies from past hunts.

Three hours, nothing fun happening.

Keep doing footstep checks because military precision is required.

For the bads, we stop in unison to listen for footsteps.

Checks for invisible hackers or really sneaky bushmen.

Check near Mt. Olympia (or whatever normals call the mountain by the shore) reveals aberrant footsteps.

Bait our wait to a clearing.

Pretty sure hackers hacking their hacks and hack.

Find a good spot and spread out slightly.

Come to a stop.

"EVERYONE DO THE FUCKING SAFETY DANCE"

For the bads.

Safety dance is when you rapidly shuffle Q and E to identify friendlies, cause ghillies all look the same.

Go to thermals.

One mystery signature not dancing.

Hackers gonna hack.

Four AS50s go off at once.

He goes down immediately.

Go to claim our spoils.

Server immediately gets teleported to the thunderdome.

#AltF4ableMoments

Same night as the thermalhackerpwn.

Same three friends.

Wandering shore because why not.

A wild hacker appears!

12 year old voice.

Duh, all hackers are 12.

"DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A-"

AS50's to the chest bitch.

Doesn't die.

Dat hacker hp.

"THAT WASN'T VERY NICE"

Point blanks friend in the chest with his AS50.

Immediately AltF4.

Don't judge, mod was a hacker free for all.

Log back in.

Friend is still alive, unconscious, screen full black and white, bleeding and broken legs.

Pitch black night, ghetto night vision (gamma hack for plebians) useless.

Manage to find friend by firing sidearms in the air and using superior echo location skills.

That night

I became Dr. House MD.

PLANK, ADMINISTER 4700 CCS EPI, STAT

"Sir, it isn't working! He's still out!"

GOD DAMNIT, ADMINISTER SEVEN STEAKS WHILE PAT STOPS THE BLEEDING

"His pulse is shallow, we're losing him!"

MORE STEAKS MORE STEAKS MORE STEAKS

He's finally stable.

Unconscious timer lasts 2.5 hours.

Not exaggerating, the struggle was that real.

We stay by his side faithfully.

Campfire so he doesn't freeze.

Periodic food and water.

Finally wakes up.

Dyin' is a young man's game.

Mine is a tale of sweet revenge. I had a pretty good kit but was in need of an optical sight for my SKS and anything else I could grab so I headed over to the Old military NEAF when it was a shooting gallery. I made it to a brick Bar/Inn south of the NWAF to check it out. When I came out a guy in near full military gear and a fucking cowboy hat with a Mosin was standing there at about 100 feet. He shot and killed me as I exited the building. I Wasn't being careful so that's my bad.  

I re-spawned near the factory on the coast and hauled ass back to the NEAF thinking that I might be able to salvage something from my corpse if I could make it in time. On the way I picked up a crowbar, a kids pack, some rags, some sodas, a shotgun and 6 rounds of buckshot. I found my corpse outside of the the brick building but it was too late I couldn't access its inventory. 

When I got to the NEAF I saw a dude in military gear and a cowboy had heading to the Jail Barracks, he didn't see me and I couldn't believe my good luck!  I went inside after him and sidestepped to the base of the stairwell quietly and waited. In a short time Mr Cowboy hat started down the stairs into two shotgun blasts to the head. He did a face plant and I said, "payback is a motherfucker shit head" then I used the crowbar on him just for the joy of it. I recovered a good bit of gear scattered the rest and then departed with his green cargo pants, his damaged TTsKo jacket, his ammo and Mosin + PU scope combination and as good a kit as I had originally. I was grateful (overjoyed) for his stupidity (just as he was of mine earlier) and of course the fortuitous nature of our second encounter :)

After that I added cowboy hat wearing jerks to Clown mask wearing assholes to make up my KoS list   

Edited by Xbow

More of a prized memory than bragging event...

This weekend I was tracking a dude on north side of NWAF, from tent city to barrack. he leaves barrack and enters industrial. I was 2metres from following him in when he gets lit up by a team of three players. i crap myself and scamper back to tent city.

Meanwhile my mate is on southern side watching the three players, one of whom had big blue backpack. Mate takes a few pot shots at him with m4.

Mr blue backpack hides behind hangers. I box around airfield and join my mate on south side. We don't see anymore of the three players.

After 5 or so minutes of just lying there, i decide to move on. I move just 5metres to my left and see a dude with big blue backpack with his face buried into the side of a tree facing south west.

Cheeky bugger had server hopped, ghosted across airfield, hadn't even bothered moving to opposite side of tree from us. I had caught him whilst he was server hopping back in. Unfortunately i had no handcuffs to have fun with him, so bang bang.

We found two more players 100metres away, running in, but they may have run all the way around rather than cheat.

Rolling though a town with broken legs to find sticks before the wood chopping mechanic got implemented. LOL

I lived but i literally had to roll everywhere to find just one stick to mend my legs. 

Rolling though a town with broken legs to find sticks before the wood chopping mechanic got implemented. LOL

I lived but i literally had to roll everywhere to find just one stick to mend my legs. 

I had the same experience except I didn't find any sticks. I rolled around looking for sticks until a pair of Zeds located me and beat me into the next world :(

I had to beg a man to kill me.  He ran away wth my axe because he thought i was baiting him or something, then once i had him convinced there was noone up in the hills waiting to kill his fresh-spawnedness he still kept telling me he felt bad and wasn't sure if i really neededto die.

I'm quite sure now that he was trolling me, stretching out my pain as i writhed and spat at him to end my sorry life.

I got sweet victory in the end!