JackyCTV

Kiddy Bandits

I decided to help 2 poor excuse of bandits aged 12 as they were being destroyed by a pack of 3 zombies (They are also Armed with SKS and Blaze) I killed the 3 zombies with a machete and was shot just after haha...

Have you ever been betrayed by the 12 year old massive??

• Like 1

You were once 12 too,there is enough ageism post about " damn kids KOS all the time" etc. i don't think this post among others like this is needed.

• Like 3

Good to know, probably these two are the people f*cked your mother last night ;)

Nah, I think any "age-restriction" attracts "kiddos", just like it's in CoD (or BF4). Combine that with the massive "hype" DayZ had the last years and well...

And the real "goal" of DayZ is a)Survival and b)Player-interaction (in my opinion).

But some (not only kiddos, but also more mature players) don't understand this and think DayZ is a PvP-based shooter with very long respawn-times.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 8

Making me feel really old.....and I think this game is alittle bit mature for 12 year olds...right?

Anyhow. Much of the time younger players tend to be quicker on there toes with games. But whats crazy is that does not appear to be the case in Dayz, from what I seen. I think much of this is because in order to survive in dayz for more then a few hours you have to think like an adult. Like being able to plan, knowing when to get into an engagement when not too, navagation, how to survive ect ect. I know I know it comes really easy for those of us who have played for 300 hours plus, but maybe not easy at all for new players for super young players. This isn't COD. I'm sure there are exceptions, in fact there are some super young kids that are vary smart for there age.

Heres an example that sums up almost every encounter with kids (that should not be playing this game)LOL. I while back I was running down by east of electro heading east around the bend on a meduim pop. I was armed at the time with an M4. I suddenly saw a a some what new spawn with a bright red shirt with some items, and then a voice....sound like a kid! I told him to please keep his distance. He put up his fists and then tried to attack me, saying really childish imature stuff. I then shot him. I remember thinking, "WTF did he do that for!?". Thats shows lake of judgement that he did not seem to have yet LOL but no hard feeling to him I'm sure he will grow up to do wonderful things.

Edited by CJFlint

And the real "goal" of DayZ is a)Survival and b)Player-interaction (in my opinion).

But some (not only kiddos, but also more mature players) don't understand this and think DayZ is a PvP-based shooter with very long respawn-times.

Totally agree. :thumbsup: :beans:

Surviving in the world of assholes is the goal. B)

• Like 1

I am a Hermit with the way the game currently is.  So I have not had any real experience with other players.  I keep to myself and if I feel threatened I kill.

• Like 1

I meant this as a post where your kindness is betrayed by someone younger Newberryes

Edited by Merkeus

I meant this as a post where your kindness is betrayed by someone younger Newberryes

eh......what? "kindness is betrayed" all im saying that there is so many posts( tho they have been deleted ) about this same thing,another one is unnecessary.

Probably not twelve and certainly not Bandits.

You made a tactical error and now                                                   you are dead.....

• Like 3

Good to know, probably these two are the people f*cked your mother last night ;)

Nah, I think any "age-restriction" attracts "kiddos", just like it's in CoD (or BF4). Combine that with the massive "hype" DayZ had the last years and well...

What if their form of interaction is killing players before they can become threat to them ? 

I personally don't kill newbies or guys without firearms unless they do something stupid. But I don't think twice before shooting armed players. Too many time I died from "friendly" player or because I hesitated. It has nothing to do with cod or bf, hell I don't even play that crap. Outside of my team I don't trust anyone. So you can write all you want about how dayz is about interaction, but the truth is - ammunition is so over abundant people are trigger happy, and why wouldn't they, but if all they had was only a handful of bullets they would be much more less likely to shoot everyone they meet. 

So stop blaming it on people thinking it's cod, and realize the true source of shooting on sight. 

Edited by General Zod

i did that the other day. a guy ran up to me at car yard in C Polana, he had his axe out. i was on edge. he yelled "HELP ME HELP ME get these zombies off me."

i only had a shotgun wiith 2 shots. 1 for the zombies. and 1 for him..

PROBLEM SOLVED

and im 34. 

k thanks

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R
  • Like 1

What if their form of interaction is killing players before they can become threat to them ? 

I personally don't kill newbies or guys without firearms unless they do something stupid. But I don't think twice before shooting armed players. Too many time I died from "friendly" player or because I hesitated. It has nothing to do with cod or bf, hell I don't even play that crap. Outside of my team I don't trust anyone. So you can write all you want about how dayz is about interaction, but the truth is - ammunition is so over abundant people are trigger happy, and why wouldn't they, but if all they had was only a handful of bullets they would be much more less likely to shoot everyone they meet. 

So stop blaming it on people thinking it's cod, and realize the true source of shooting on sight. 

When ammo would be even harder to find, KoS would still be a problem.

A player sees another (armed) player.

"I only have 12 bullets. Should I interact with him, or just kill him, probably use 2-6 bullets? Maybe he has ammo, too, so it's worth it."

When ammo gets way way rarer, people will KoS as they do now, or KoS even more eagerly to keep their precious small amount of ammo safe.

(that's what I think. I do not blame BF or CoD for KoS, but overall KoS is a part of DayZ, with which we all have to deal)

Edited by irishroy

"I only have 12 bullets. Should I interact with him, or just kill him, probably use 2-6 bullets? Maybe he has ammo, too, so it's worth it."

When ammo gets way way rarer, people will KoS as they do now, or KoS even more eagerly to keep their precious small amount of ammo safe.

(that's what I think. I do not blame BF or CoD for KoS, but overall KoS is a part of DayZ, with which we all have to deal)

Actually.. when ammo and weapons are more rare.. and food is harder to find.. and Zombies are a "real" threat...People will need to think more "smarter". 

• Like 2

Ah yeh, coming back to this 12 (twelve) year old fallacy, my last encounter with one of the squeaky voiced race dropped his gear for me before committing suicide by jumping of the ships bow.

He was very friendly, I tried to talk him out of his intention to no avail, so sad !

Cross bow / 2 arrows / school bag / compass / Pipsi

Thanks kid !

• Like 1

True he shoots you, uses up most of his ammo, and find out that either had no ammo, he ruined it or you had a different type of ammo, no more kos for him, and that's on top of alerting nearby players and zeds, keep in mind that we will have 100 players servers and much more zeds. So will wasting half of my bullets for all the be a good decision ? Probably not. 

Edited by General Zod

I certainly judge people by their voice, how calm they are, how old they are.

Whenever I hear someone who is panicky or young, I never lower my guard. I usually just get the hell away from them unless they try something,

• Like 1

With all the violence, drugs/alcohol talk, sexual and racist crap that happens in an online game, kids under 17 should not be playing..period.

When i determine a survivor is a kid, I tell them that i'm from the UN and shoot them down.

Nothing personal, it's the law and is for their own good. 

• Like 2

OP, you walked into that one. I'm 25 and I woulda put one in your melon same as them.

• Like 1

True he shoots you, uses up most of his ammo, and find out that either had no ammo, he ruined it or you had a different type of ammo, no more kos for him, and that's on top of alerting nearby players and zeds, keep in mind that we will have 100 players servers and much more zeds. So will wasting half of my bullets for all the be a good decision ? Probably not. 

It's not only about ammo, but by killing a player you maybe acquire food, water, medical-items, important tools or anything else.

Sure, you may ruin some items, but overall the main-reason and main-goal for KillingOnsight is the "will" to keep your own items safe. You kill the other player to be safe.

And when you maybe have even less items, and struggle to find bullets and weapons, you'd probably "just" kill other players to be "safe" (ofc you attract Zeds, but Zeds won't be as much as a problem as hostile players)

We will probably not have 100 people servers, I think 50-80 is best.

The DEVs already stated, that they will probably increase the Zeds overall, but Zeds will not be the biggest issue, but the DEVs want to keep other players as the most dangerous problem in DayZ.

(They also want to "encourage" serverhopping, because once centalized loot-systems work, server-hopping won't be really rewarding anymore)

Edited by irishroy

Yes, but larger numbers of zeds and much less will make killing for your fun and misery of others far less common, which is a problem now. Killing for sources will never stop.

Edited by General Zod

Yes, but larger numbers of zeds and much less will make killing for your fun and misery of others far less common, which is a problem now. Killing for sources will never stop.

But when meeting another geared player you don't kill him "for your fun", you kill him not be killed BY him, to be safe (and you also kill him for ressources, because obtaining ammo&weapons is hard)

I think that the KOS phenomenon is brought about by the victims themselves. Follow me on this. A majority of the players, from what I read on this forum and watch in videos and streams, run around with not a care in the world. I guess they feel like superman or they know if they die, they come back to life. No stealth, whatsoever, no situational awareness, no thought given to where they are (like being in a kill zone in Berezino). I will say again and again if you do not want to be KOS food, don't be seen. Will stealth always work? Hell no. I've been caught out a lot but usually due to a mistake. I feel comfortable so I drop my SA. I get impatient. I stay in an area way too long while each second that ticks by that KOSer is coming closer. If you don't protect yourself you will be killed (not if but when). Even in an encounter you should never ever drop your guard. This is the time to be more nervous, more jumpy. You yourself don't have to KOS. Just have the upper hand. Suspect that that person is going to kill you. Then get the F out of there. But never from that point on let your guard down. Don't continue looting in that area, move on. I am not talking to KOSers right here. I'm talking to the friendly.

Yeah, I'm blaming the victim here. If you do the following you will eventually be KOS:

1. Run down the street with not a care in the world.

2. Choose to loot in a high pop area.

3. Choose to loot in a high value loot location.

4. Choose to continue to loot in an area where you just had an encounter. Even a friendly one.

5. Choose to play with impatience, no SA.

And for once victim, stop coming here complaining that you just got KOS 5x already. Could it be you just aren't following the rules of nature?

KOSer, kill on. You scare the f out of me, congrats. I am not, nor will I ever be, a KOSer.

And just one more tidbit. You will die. When is determined by you (90 % of the time).

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 3

Killing for fun, killing for beans, killing to feel safe are all the same. You all scare the F out of me. Congrats, you are taking years off my real life.