Grimey Rick

Where're them doggone hacksaws?

Back from an almost month-long hiatus, and I can't seem to locate a hacksaw to modify my [currently overpowered as fuck] shotty. Were they made more rare, erroneously removed, purposely removed, or am I just having vewwy, vewwy bad wuck? =(

I've been looking in all of the places they used to spawn: farms, industrial buildings, jails, sheds, etc. I'm currently near Balota, but I'm thinking of trudging northward to Novodmitrovsk to check out the tower; it always seems to have an assortment of random items, and I've found many a hacksaw there in the past. Before I make said trek, are they still in-game?

AndrewLincoln.png

• Like 1

buhahaa ....welp ermmmm.

we took the last one from a dead woodsman.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Not sure if you're on Stable of Experimental.  If the latter, then I've seen tons of them in the buildings at NEAF, along with hundreds of other items scattered across the floor and shelves. : P

I'm playing stable and I found one last night, though I have noticed they are quite a bit more rare than they used to be. I wish I could tell you where I found it but I can't remember. But yes, they are still in-game. Sorry I can't give you an exact location.

• Like 1

Can confirm the same for experimental. Stumbled upon one in a garage in Svetlo. Didn't pick it up though since i had no use for it at that time.

But yeah, they seem to be more rare now.

• Like 1

I've literally spent DayZ looking for one to cut down a shotty, gave up and ended up dumping the shotty in the woods.  They are around, just incredibly difficult to locate, especially when you're actively looking for one.  Though this seems to apply to several other in-game items as well.   

I am having the reverse problem. I found several hacksaws in pristine condition, but have yet to find a single shotgun in the last month.

It's always when you're looking for something that you can't find it... I can confirm that I found several on experimental branch, in garages and sheds.

mu8j9s.jpg

2e38uno.jpg

In Stable, I've found one under the blue trailer thingies, one in the military prison building, and one in that new 2 story brick building (one of which can be found on the north side of the new NEAF.)

My friend and I spent 2 days of looting looking specifically for one before giving up. Shortly after, I was playing alone and found one literally sitting in the middle of the road in the middle of the woods, someone had dropped it there and I just happened to come across it. The DayZ gods are cruel tricksters.

Edited by Hells High

South Novod in the garages. I've passed up a bunch of hacksaws (since the shotty isn't all that great anyhow). Also found them in the Empire State building in north Novo. Also in Svet, garages, fire stations, etc.

so rick I found a hacksaw,  I've already used it for what I need it for if you want it let me know - I will say it took some hours today to find but I did have you in mind while I was looking :) anyho you know where to find me on steam :p