Roguehunter

September Rant Topic.

Just off the top of my head...

Zombies that are completely silent and sneak up on you like a ninja.

Zombies that can track you like a heat seaking rocket.

Zombies that can travel through walls.

Hearing sounds like a Zombie scream when there is nothing around.

Putting something on the ground only to have it dissappear.

Constantly having to cancel actions because it glitches and does nothing.

Controls that are complete garbage.

Texture pop-ins when surveying areas.

Falling through buildings.

Glitching in lakes.

The list goes on and on...

One year of being a mod, 9 months in Alpha, and what you get from this group of devs is one of the most unplayable games ever made. You devs are pathetic and should be sued for purposely taking money when you knew you couldn't complete the task you were getting paid for.

And brining this POS to PS4... lol I'd bet money it's another "Alpha" that never gets finished.

• Like 8

The thing this being an alpha doesn't change anything. We were still given expected results. It's like they weren't working day and night on the game that millions of people bought. It's like they'll fix the game if they feel like it.

• Like 4

Well its good that after 9 months you finally start to contribute. Everything counts  I guess.

• Like 6

because i´m pretty much sick and tired of it.

if you´re easily butthurt. leave now.

This game has had so much promise. Rocket had so many promises, and guess what: Nothing more than screw ups

Look at the game, play it, and give a truthfull honest opinion about it. This is mine: It's utter trash.

I have played the mod, endured it's faults and flawes, but I enjoyed it. ''standalone will be so much better''

Now they've promised us at the release of the game (that release that has been prosponed for over a year) that it would offer the same options as the mod and from there the game would steadily improve.

The game now, almost a year after it's release hasn't even come close to what was capable in the mod.

Everything. is. one. big. bugfest.

Every zombie, every building, every door, window, wall, weapon. I can't stand it. 

For a 2006 game it would be descent but still way too buggy. It feels like a truck on wooden square wheels.

So they had to change everything to make fit to the new engine.

And now they're realising that the new engine isn't capable enough to handle the game?!

Rocket: Please just stop. You and your team, please quit. Go find a hobby or something to make a living out, because making games just isn't your forté.

Oh and don't you dare ''it's just an alpha''-me. If you truly believe that this game has any potential left to get any good. good luck. I'm out.

Edited by Mister Sandman
  • Like 12

The most annoying bug there is, have died once to many from it :(

But yes, the development of this game has been anything but fast.

Edited by Halven

My contribution was 30 USD so they could keep developing the game.  Little did I know they would spend it on blow and hookers while putting no effort into the product.  And the game is barely playable for the first half hour after you spawn and you're running around looking for loot, but once you actually get stuff, the game's glitches cause you to rage more than anything else.

• Like 4

don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

• Like 10

Bohemia Interactive Press Release

Hey, sorry guys, but development of DayZ Standalone is being halted. There's this guy on the forums, you see. Mister Sandman, he called himself. Well, right before he quit playing our Early Release version of DayZ, he told us that we might as well quit too. We thought long and hard about it, and decided that this one player is qualified to make the decision to take DayZ out of all of your hands. We're throwing in the towel and going on to pursue other interests. We're sorry for any inconvenience the cancellation of our game may have caused you, but you have to admit, Mister Sandman made a good point. Farewell!

• Like 24

Happy Travels, Oh and YES IT IS A ALPHA

Just imagine Rocket if you got paid in tears ...................... How rich would you be ?

• Like 2

My contribution was 30 USD so they could keep developing the game.

You POOR Bastard, I bet that was the worst $30.00 you ever spent.......................

Come back when your Balls have dropped

• Like 3

I guess the ''easily butthurt'' warning didn't really get through. 

I'm just wondering how in the world you guys can play a buggy game like this and enjoy it.

The communication to the players is the worst i've seen in any game. The ''improvements'' is just as much a screw-up as the whole game (yeah let's throw in ragdoll, great idea!) 

The most basic, fundamental aspects of the game, like movement, picking stuff up, looking around, is still broken.

we're talking about 3,5 years of development!!!! 

That is insane! 

• Like 4

I guess the ''easily butthurt'' warning didn't really get through. 

Translation: I can't handle people disagreeing with my whiny rants, so I label them "butthurt" as a defensive mechanism.

What I was really looking for was a bunch of posts only agreeing with me. Circlejerks are fun!

Edited by Ubernaut
  • Like 12

Over 9 months and this is the result?!?!

I know, isn't it great to be on the forefront of mmo-fps sandbox hybrid technology!!  So good.  Where else are you going to find combined elements of pve and pvp where everything is on the line, where your loss is leveraged by how much time investment you have put into your current toon? 

I assume your complaining is purely sarcastic because the alpha warning is really, really easy to understand.  I mean, you knew what you were getting into when you spent the money, right?

• Like 4

Just off the top of my head...

Zombies that are completely silent and sneak up on you like a ninja.

Zombies that can track you like a heat seaking rocket.

Zombies that can travel through walls.

Hearing sounds like a Zombie scream when there is nothing around.

Putting something on the ground only to have it dissappear.

Constantly having to cancel actions because it glitches and does nothing.

Controls that are complete garbage.

Texture pop-ins when surveying areas.

Glitching in lakes.

The list goes on and on...

One year of being a mod, 9 months in Alpha, and what you get from this group of devs is one of the most unplayable games ever made. You devs are pathetic and should be sued for purposely taking money when you knew you couldn't complete the task you were getting paid for.

And brining this POS to PS4... lol I'd bet money it's another "Alpha" that never gets f

Obvious ragepost because he lost his stuff ingame...the fact is that OP cant get enough of Dayz and he plays for several hours a day, sometimes waiting for hours on a hill just to get that sniping kill rush. But something went wrong this time...maybe some bambie snuck up on him and buttraped him...we will never know.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 5

I find the game extremely playable.

So do I for the most part. It's actually the first online multiplayer game I've put more than 10 hours into. Love it for all its flaws.

• Like 3

Translation: I can't handle people disagreeing with my whiny rants, so I label them "butthurt" as a defensive mechanism.

Disagreeing? Really?

Now, i hate to bring it to you, reading back your post, have you even tried and put one simple argument against mine on the table? Have you?

That's butthurt

you're the true definition of butthurt 

Thanks for showcasing that.

• Like 3

I'm just wondering how in the world you guys can play a buggy game like this and enjoy it.

Some of us understood that we aren't "playing the game" yet. Its developing bit by bit, as every other game in development. The difference to most other games in development is that we are asked to be a part of this process. report bugs, make suggestions, taking part in the entire development thing.

If you think the Mod is better, feel free to play the Mod. But dont compare build 0.48 ( read: not halfway done ) to it. DayZ SA is not a game by now, it's a software in development. And all of us are guinea pigs that payed money because we couldn't wait for the final release. Yes, if you don't like it, it was your fault.

Please dont take this personal, but if you payed money to participate in an early access alpha and you expect a flawless, bug-free gaming experience, you certainly did something wrong. You, not the devs.

Disclaimer: I'm not butthurt. I am just questioning your personal expectations when you bought the "game".

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 7

Sounds like someone should be playing world of Warcraft. I hear there is a new expansion coming that is more noob friendly than ever

Stop yer bitching and come back for Beta/RC/FR

Per Hicks on what to expect from Alpha, etc:

- DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur.
- DayZ Early Access Beta: Content development, during which the "meat on the bones" is added to the title, alongside the beginnings of major bug fixing surrounding issues created during the feature development of alpha.
- DayZ Early Access RC (Final Beta stages): Bug Fix, optimization, and balancing. During which the stone is polished, until the DayZ dev team feels the title is ready to go live.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 1

you're the true definition of butthurt 

Thanks for showcasing that.

What is there to be butthurt about? I don't work for Bohemia. Sorry you couldn't tell what my true objection to your post was. I'll spell it out for you.

You asked the devs for this game to quit. I do not want that. You don't get to make that decision. Now do what you said you were going to do and leave.

because i´m pretty much sick and tired of it.

if you´re easily butthurt. leave now.

You kinda sound like the butthurt one here. Butthurt that you can't handle Alpha.

Anyway, here is what to expect during Alpha and so on, per Hicks:

- DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur.

- DayZ Early Access Beta: Content development, during which the "meat on the bones" is added to the title, alongside the beginnings of major bug fixing surrounding issues created during the feature development of alpha.

- DayZ Early Access RC (Final Beta stages): Bug Fix, optimization, and balancing. During which the stone is polished, until the DayZ dev team feels the title is ready to go live.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 1