Sign in to follow this  
ra1n_

Couple of suggestions for better in game life simulation.

First I'd like to say that I do not own this video and not taking any credits for it. But I would like to use it for example of what would be awesome to do with game in future!
Adding things like:
- Sound echo from gunshots or other loud sound such as explosions or crashing..
- Vision effect from wearing the glasses, helmets and other items what can effect your sight..
- Barricades ofc, while watching this video, I say myself in this game, in my own barricaded house with supplies in it! resting near fireplace.. listen in the sounds from outside being careful and prepared to deal with any danger such as wild predators, zombies and even bandits, damn that would be awesome!

And.. one final though for that famous crying about vehicles, i'd make it that way that we never ever can get fully functional care in game, i'd make it that you have to search and salvage other damaged (not functional cars) same type as yours! to get parts you need to make your vehicle functional and ready for drive. And yes, they would never look like cars in DayZ MOD where cars look like they are freshly made and delivered out from factory. They would be like they are now in game, but roadworthy..

Hehe, I'd leave you guys to dream a bit about your fantasies that will never be implemented :D
  • Like 2

When Fans doing better than Devs

Take a look at this awesome video.

From the Menu to the gameplay.

Why people not payed for this doing better than who's in charge?

Can you do the same Devs?

Cheers!

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 2

It has already been stated that there will be no hero and bandit skins, status etc. 

Sorry my flower children you will never know who are you dealing with. 

(I did not watch the video, post is based on thumbnail, I don't watch other peoples videos)

Edited by General Zod

everything in this video should be implemented, I love it all. especially the menu and such, makes the game look a lot more optimized then current menu. I think with the containers, they should be sort of like chests in minecraft, when someone is accessing them they should open/close.

Like I said earlier today in a identical thread - to me the menu screen seemed more suited to a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse. While It was nice to see what some of these features might look like sometime in the future, and Im sure we will see most of these things implemented, it is also clear that the majority of these improvements are cosmetic. Yes, they are something that can be easily appreciated by even the most uniformed consumers, but they are simply the decoration on a highly complex cake. 

Im not dismissing the video out of hand, it is a nice peek into a possible future - but it shouldn't be used as a club to beat up on the hard working devs simply because what they are producing (ATM) isn't something that can be so aesthetically appreciated..The cake is still being baked....

I just want some god damn sounds... Just sounds for the doors ill be happy... I am so sick and tired of getting sneaked on by someone opening silent doors...

I just want some god damn sounds... Just sounds for the doors ill be happy... I am so sick and tired of getting sneaked on by someone opening silent doors...

You can hear footsteps, and that's the downside of not minding your surroundings, you get sneaked up on. 

Edited by General Zod

When Fans doing better than Devs

What you see is design. Its shiny awesome but its only a concept. And it gives programmers a headache as they have to implement it so it actually works instead of just looking this way. In all situations instead of a few very specific ones. Consistently and without a huge loss of performance.

Its the difference of showing you a picture of a nice car and actually producing it. Of course it would not be there without the design but what almost nobody can see is the huge pile of work that stands between the initial design and the finished product.

So even if the devs decided to do it exactly as shown in this video we wouldn't see the results for quite some time. Even if the programmers had already built a perfect framework there would still be plenty of work to do for artists, animators etc.

I just nerd gasmed all over my desk lol ... This needs to be done and I'm sure the finished product will be like this but i want it now lol

I just nerd gasmed all over my desk lol ... This needs to be done and I'm sure the finished product will be like this but i want it now lol

Indeed dude bro, the end result will more than likely bee more like this.. NOW how nerdgasmic and hardcore was the death animation ! WOOO

I love when people rosik because you do step on someone's toes.

...so satisfy! I'm cumming on my desk.

So even if the devs decided to do it exactly as shown in this video we wouldn't see the results for quite some time. Even if the programmers had already built a perfect framework there would still be plenty of work to do for artists, animators etc.

That's right, lot of work like a municipal office. I'm so curious to see how do they will expect to meet a console market with ideas and design so dated.

I don't watch other peoples videos

This guy. Hah.

I liked how smooth the menu was and the visuals were nice.

Indeed dude bro, the end result will more than likely bee more like this.. NOW how nerdgasmic and hardcore was the death animation ! WOOO

my god i want that death animation! 

• Like 1