Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

They nerfed characters.

So, I got geared in a rain coat, some cargo pants, and a small backpack, and jogged about 6 blocks. my guy immediately began warning that he would pass out from overheating. I quickly stripped my clothes off, and got the message "Its chilly out there". is there really o way to be neutral?

did i miss something,since when weather effects characters? possibly it's just server message trying to mess with you.

did i miss something,since when weather effects characters? possibly it's just server message trying to mess with you.

No its part of the new patch. I have a orange status that says "hyperthermic" aka, dying of heat.

I was worried about this....may get really annoying.

Im currently sitting naked under a tree. just gonna let my guy get exaggerated hypothermia. thatll buy me like five minutes of running before I die of heat.

Note, If i dont wear a shirt, it seems my guy stops bitching. Well, so much for that storage.

(edit, nope, he was cool for a minute, then said he was cold. No winning here.)

Edited by LootandLive

on stable?

No, .49 on EXP.

• Like 1

Oh hell.... Time to pack dry clothes...

Hey Thanks for the heads up man

No problem.... Its terrible. Im energized and hydrated, and oly have baggy clothes, and am not running, ad yet every 3 minutes I am getting hyperthermia warnings. not really worth playing until they fix it. OFF TO RED ORCHESTRA 2!

oh god they included exposure as a factor in a survival game???  BASTARDS

lol

• Like 4

oh god they included exposure as a factor in a survival game???  BASTARDS

lol

You do not immediately start dying of heat when you put on clothes i the morning, do you? You dont freeze immediately if you are in a tee shirt and underwear. I like the idea, but the execution is very shoddy.

• Like 3

I am not wearing any clothes now and I am fine, mind you I am not playing the game either

• Like 8

So far I've been lucky enough not to encounter any issues with it, but I've heard others have been as well. Played a good 2-3 hours with no excessive/fidgety character temp notifications.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I can't wait to hop servers when it starts raining. I enjoy rain in my Arma though.

• Like 1

No problem.... Its terrible. Im energized and hydrated, and oly have baggy clothes, and am not running, ad yet every 3 minutes I am getting hyperthermia warnings. not really worth playing until they fix it. OFF TO RED ORCHESTRA 2!

The reason for experimental is to test these experimental features - i am sure if you and other players are saying the hyperthermic message is too quick to come up they will adjust it before being released to stable.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 4

Why do they introduce this shits before introducing vehicles?

I do not mean it's a horrible feature, it's a good one. Bot on a wrong priority list.

Now how do people will migrate to the middle of the map or elsewhere if we get this kind of message?

From east to NWAirfield it takes 20 minutes running without weather effect...now because of this we must take 30-40 minutes?

Game must be quite for everyone, not for nerds that have 3 hours free on the morning and 4-5 on the afternoon.

The improvments are interesting, but before put some kinds of features, put all of them on an organized chart and so you can define a priority list.

Devs you are working senseless

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 3

You do not immediately start dying of heat when you put on clothes i the morning, do you? You dont freeze immediately if you are in a tee shirt and underwear. I like the idea, but the execution is very shoddy.

in Gommunist Rassia, cold wears you.

Game must be quite for everyone

APPEASE ME!

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

I was worried about this....may get really annoying.

how so? Sounds like it Needs finetuning. Havent played with those changes yet....will be very interesting.

Ist about time they start to bring those things in...

Why do they introduce this shits before introducing vehicles?

why not ?

Game must be quite for everyone

no...it must not...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

You people really want vehicles? Yesterday I took a nose dive from the 5th floor of an apartment building, went through all the floors and landed cleanly in an imaginary room on the building base. And lived. Then glitched below the building and hopped out on the street.

Now imagine riding a bike into that building what sort of problems might occur there. Probably the universe would implode and dayz code would go nuts, brake into pentagon and deploy few nukes. Nuff said.

BRING ON THE WEATHER EFFECTS! Forget the vehicles.

might be a server thing because on the servers i played on i never had problems with heat and running about, also running in the rain is a great way to stay stable.

• Like 2

Am I the only one to notice that he's dieing of cold and not dieing of overheating?

Build a fire yo!

Am I the only one to notice that he's dieing of cold and not dieing of overheating?

Build a fire yo!

my guy was dying of heat. Just from having clothes. so i stopped playing. Its super overpowered right now.