Sign in to follow this  
xxmitchxx

Zombie dogs and spiders and snakes

heyheyhey.

1. First of all, I think the "zombie-virus" only affects humans.

2. Pigs are genetecally closer to humans than dogs, snakes or spiders to humans, I think ;)

Overall, not a good idea.

• Like 1

I think he meant 'zombie dogs' and hostile snakes and spiders.

Edited by nettles

Even still I dont want snakes or spiders. How would you even fight against those with the clunky systems in DayZ. I'm fine with the dogs, all for it actually, but snakes and spiders, no. No no no. If you want dangerous wildlife add wolves or bears, or something along that nature.

(Some) Players spend a lot of time around camp fires and fishing, to bring a much needed relief to the sometimes overwhelming atmosphere of DayZ. Having a snake/spider bite you while doing either of these things would not bring anything "constructive" to the experience I feel. 

Endurance Sniping (spending hours camping with your Sniper Rifle for a worthy goal, hijacking vehicles etc) would also become even more problematic.   

If I remember correctly, the idea's been touched on but immediately dropped because the country that chernarus is based didn't have many or any deadly snakes or spiders.

I suppose we'll have dogs soon as pets. looking after your dog may involve treating it for illness/sickness.. maybe even rabies? Sounds more believable considering.... 

heyheyhey.

1. First of all, I think the "zombie-virus" only affects humans.

2. Pigs are genetecally closer to humans than dogs, snakes or spiders to humans, I think ;)

Overall, not a good idea.

If you are trying the say you want dangerous or infected spiders and snakes, 1. I'm pretty sure the virus would not affect smaller creatures. 2. If they were not infected, just dangerous, how dangerous can they be realistically with causing mass rage across the whole community of DayZ? Could they kill you? Do they just make you sick or just do nothing. If they could kill you imagine what it would be like, picture this. 

You are sitting in a push, eating, resting or scouting out a area ext. You are sitting there and you just die. Why? Because a tiny little spider that you would never see has been biting your ass the whole time you have been sitting there, same with snakes but I suppose depending on which snake it is they would make some kind of noise.

I'm not knocking this idea because I don't like it, I just don't see it working in DayZ