haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Seriously, the people at BI or the ones in charge of the exp servers need to fix them, not all the exp servers are working and most of those online do not accept players, so they're there just for the looks, laggy servers and bad service overall is killing this patch (which I've found pretty interesting, but unable to test as much as I would like to).

No complaints about this first glance at the weather system, sure it needs some tweaking but overall is pretty good, this is the kind of features I'd like to see implemented rather than new clothes or weapons (those can wait), hopefully one day KOS or plain hide-n-pvp will not be the main feature of the game.

Agree my party ran into a hacker running like Flash with a crowbar. We all had M4s and took him out. So they can move really fast but no loot ?

Or he was his Clans LRRP out looking for M4's...

Why the hell do the servers keep restarting? if im lucky enough to get into one server then i play for like a few minutes then it restarts again wtf? 

I hate the ones you get into then give you the "no message received for xx seconds" just after you see something good.

I really don't like finding something cool and having the server restart and once you log back you are reset a few meters away, you no longer have the item and the item itself is GONE from the server because you already picked it up.

the good... this patch is an improvement.

the bad... just a shame the exp servers are fucked.

Still, onwards and upwards, eh?

• Like 1

Certainly I had lots of accidental duping of loot, sadly all those dupes were broken gun flashlights.

Also if anyone was ever in the need for a gas stove then the experimental build is where to be.

What I want is for the CR 527 Carbines Magazine to be just a bit more prolifiic than the one for the AKM and 101.  It is, almost, easier to find a magazine for an M4 than it is for a CR 527.

• Like 1

What I want is for the CR 527 Carbines Magazine to be just a bit more prolifiic than the one for the AKM and 101.  It is, almost, easier to find a magazine for an M4 than it is for a CR 527.

Too true. You would think the gun was an equivilent to the M98 or something.

PS. I predict the next big trend on stable servers will be; |24/7 Day|Always Sunny|No Rain|Mass Loot Spawn|Yada-yada-yada|

Edited by JubeiDOK

Not to down play the problems in this game but you could have dropped your backpack, put on the child's briefcase, drop that behind you and get your own backpack again.

Easy to realize in hindsight but when it's happening it's just panic. Whole thing happened in about 15 seconds.

I found two CR527 mags today, one for an M4 and none for AK series. I rarely go to mil-loot places, found a helicopter and like heavy industry areas. They (CR527 mags) can be hard to see and if you're primarily going from police stations to jails you're unlikely to find one.

<snip> if you're primarily going from police stations to jails you're unlikely to find one.

Thing is I am not, I check pretty much everywhere, especially vehicles and civilian buildings.  AK mags I usually find in the back of UAZ jeeps, even found a 75rnd drum mag in a UAZ that was in a junkyard no where near a mil site.  I found one CR mag in a small office building and one in a pick up truck.  They just need to be a bit more prolific since it is a civilian hunting rifle.  Need an MRS for the thing too, if you go on the CZ USA site you'll see the CZ 527 with a nice scope, very nice http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-carbine-7-62x39-5-rd-mag/ .  

It's a damn good looking rifle and super accurate from what I have read.  I think I know what I want for Christmas now...

edit:  I actually found an AK Mag once on the drivers side step of a broken down Zil truck, that was cool, only happened once though, have not found one like it since.  I am running with an SKS right now and I like to have a one or two AK 7.62x39 mags to store the rounds in.  Helps protect the ammo from damage if my pack gets ruined.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Thing is I am not, I check pretty much everywhere, especially vehicles and civilian buildings. AK mags I usually find in the back of UAZ jeeps, even found a 75rnd drum mag in a UAZ that was in a junkyard no where near a mil site. I found one CR mag in a small office building and one in a pick up truck. They just need to be a bit more prolific since it is a civilian hunting rifle. Need an MRS for the thing too, if you go on the CZ USA site you'll see the CZ 527 with a nice scope, very nice http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-carbine-7-62x39-5-rd-mag/ .

It's a damn good looking rifle and super accurate from what I have read. I think I know what I want for Christmas now...

My overall point is that while they may not be super common, its not unreasonably difficult to at least find one. In my mind AK mags should be less common instead of CZ's more common, but that I suppose is a matter of preference and game philosophy.

There's also the ability to chamber, if having a mag was meant as a given minimum requirement for use, that functionality wouldn't even have a purpose.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

I was in Staroye today and couldn't believe how over flowing with items each building had.   I guess it made up for all of the Military installations only having boots.  The Police Station was so jammed packed, I couldn't even walk in to some of the rooms.   It was quite unreal.

Edited by Shinjuru

So I've been playing the latest experimental build and I must say I love the new weather thing. I haven't been able to put on a decent top for the fear of over heating since every time I put something on my guy start to sweat in seconds even if I'm not moving lol.

The only downside thus far is the lack of servers that are working. Right now, there's 3 servers that have players in, the rest are empty.

One 1st/3rd person server which is lagging really bad sound glitches none stop, takes about 4 seconds to eat something (did I mention this is a UK server where I get 19ms ping) then another 4 seconds for the item to leave your hand. Two 1st person only servers. There was 1 other 1st/3rd person server but that restarted and now unable to join it.

Edited by RagedDrew

I have faced the same a lot.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/558765675337456735/76C8A31DC237EBF57B4D59CC16F62990C6DFE3E6/

None of theese servers with zero players are possible to enter. Is there something with servers? Any one got any fresh info?

I have faced the same a lot.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/558765675337456735/76C8A31DC237EBF57B4D59CC16F62990C6DFE3E6/

None of theese servers with zero players are possible to enter. Is there something with servers? Any one got any fresh info?

They're broken or something, my problem with this mainly is the fact that this "things" shouldn't happen on weekends when most people have the chance to play.

Indeed.

How long? I'm dying to test this stuff out.

How long is a piece of string ?

I've no idea.

How long is a piece of string ?

I've no idea.

As long as you make it.

Therefore I make it 2 seconds long.

Now fix the servers :P

2) If you don't think a screwdriver is useful, you have no business playing a survival game, this just isn't your genre.

The guy you replied to is clearly frustrated and heated, no doubt. But saying he has no business playing a survival game because he doesn't find a screwdriver useful is nonsense. People survive in their own ways. I've somehow logged 76 in this mess, and never once been in a situation where I needed a screwdriver. You might have found a use for it, others haven't, so what. Also, this is a game we're discussing, and you don't need to have 'business' to justify yourself playing it -particularly when it cost you £20.

You're other points are valid.

Early access for this title came two years premature. Sure, it was a great business decision, but the price of that was lots of disgruntled gamers. Despite being unhelpful, I don't think anyone should be surprised by posts like the one you replied to.

• Like 1

I have been playing in exp servers in first person since I purchased the game, but as of a day or two ago I'm unable to join any.

I'm told my version is incorrect and I must restart. I do see stable is on .48 and exp on .49 so my question is how am I able to join the exp servers now?

Thanks in advance, really enjoying the game.

Maleleauge

Edit:

Thanks for moving my post to the correct section.

Edit 2:

After reading the thread in its entirety am I to believe that only a select few can play experimental? well that's a bit of a blow, just for pig iron's sake how do you become one of the select few.

Giving people an advantage by allowing access  for them to gear up.

All hotspot's will be filled with people already geared to the nines waiting for the poor freshies to enter looking for anything GG.

How did this come about? I could enter before this new patch without a problem why the shift.

Edited by (G13)Maleleauge

Seriusly now there is ONLY one server that there is playable (because is not empty)

devs should give some attention to this issue.