haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Four times in a row my spawn points have been on top of zeds beating me to death while I am in the "please wait" screen.  Please adjust the spawn points.

Hate when this happens, better still you should not actually spawn until your fully loaded in!

I have a feeling they are either taking the opportunity of the 'wrong exe' mistake to get some further changes in to the patch or the patch is more broken that just 'the wrong exe version'.  

Either way awaiting potentially for what in theory sounds a great patch.  The rarer loot items and added content sounds vastly better for the survival side of the game.

So today, I downloaded the new experimental update and I spawned on the southern coast

Merged.

So they replaced exe with proper one and still crashes on exp? Or update didn't happen yet?

Nothing happening yet. On the other hand, still 3 minutes to go till AM is over in central europe... Hoping for a photo-finish!!!  ;)

Edited by Haviland

sorry for beeing an asshole to ask instead of check on my own, but i am only too excited but want to wait for the new working exe: is the random sound bug fixed? (i think i read something like this on last pages)

thx friends.

@ D0pesen - Don't know, the experimental servers I've been on have been pretty empty, probably because people have waiting for the new non-crashy.exe to be uploaded...

Edited by Hoik

So AM passed now ,where is update?  > :(

I would believe that the update isn't spot on, because updates don't usually instantly push through steam. 

re-logging on steam to make sure  :D Damn thought it was update... it was insurgency #crie evry tiem

I am guessing it will be coming in 45 min from now.

Edited by GriefSlicer

^ (x2) Let me guess: "update fail" ?

Edited by Hoik

This is why they shouldn't make such statements in the first place.

This is why they shouldn't make such statements in the first place.

To be honest the statement at least gave me comfort that they knew about the whole issue with experimental and they are bothering to actually fix it

• Like 2

To be honest the statement at least gave me comfort that they knew about the whole issue with experimental and they are bothering to actually fix it

I was referring to the part where he points out the time frame inside which the fix is supposed to come out.

Don't say "yeah it's coming out in six hours" and people won't expect it to do so.

Edited by Exorade

I was referring to the part where he points out the time frame inside which the fix is supposed to come out.

Don't say "yeah it's coming out in six hours" and people won't expect it to do so.

ah yes, They should of just said that it is possibly coming out between "this time" and "this time"

• Like 1

Lol... so.. if it is 1 second pass AM is the end of the world ? I'm sure they said AM meaning; ASAP ( As Soon As Possible )

• Like 1

true but the past 3 weeks has been nothing but deadlines set and not met, I dont actually mean this as a bad thing, I Enjoy being updated on whats happening, but when they make a statement saying they put a wrong file in, expect a patch in the AM (was about a 14 hour window) then they should stick to it, or as always at the very least out of Curiosity make a post saying its going to take longer which is fine. Dosent require much effort to make a short small post" Sorry folks took longer than expected" or something along this line

Edited by RyanH
  • Like 1

true but the past 3 weeks has been nothing but deadlines set and not met, I dont actually mean this as a bad thing, I Enjoy being updated on whats happening, but when they make a statement saying they put a wrong file in, expect a patch in the AM (was about a 14 hour window) then they should stick to it, or as always at the very least out of Curiosity make a post saying its going to take longer which is fine. Dosent require much effort to make a short small post" Sorry folks took longer than expected" or something along this line

I guess they needed a bit more time to fix few things, maybe add few more ? Honestly... the "we lost the .exe file" thing isn't believable ... :P

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

Another strange bug, when you are eating food and drink the "cancel action button" duplicates on the drop down menu for each peace of food you eat. they are also invisable text but if you eat enough food the option goes off the window

• Like 1

Lol... so.. if it is 1 second pass AM is the end of the world ? I'm sure they said AM meaning; ASAP ( As Soon As Possible )

I*m not sure how AM and ASAP are connected.

But I'm pretty sure he referred to the time when they get back to work in the morning.

It's not the end of the world, but an estimation is an estimation. When you give one it creates expectations.

• Like 1

I guess they needed  a bit more time to fix few things, maybe add few more ? Honestly... the "we lost the .exe file" thing isn't believable ... :P

Yeah i mean i went and yoloed my regular char expecting the wipe. but im once again fully geared 3 full outfits, some 6 high cap vests mp5k m4 and so on So its finea and 0.49 was defiantly not ready for stable so i agree for it taking it's time, but being updated is always handy

• Like 1

I guess they needed a bit more time to fix few things, maybe add few more ? Honestly... the "we lost the .exe file" thing isn't believable ... :P

To be clear, I never said "we lost the exe". I said the publish job pushed the wrong version, which it did - and is completely believable.

• Like 9

To be clear, I never said "we lost the exe". I said the publish job pushed the wrong version, which it did - and is completely believable.

If you say so.. :P

• Like 1

thanks for clearing that up hicks, is there any news available with a new timeframe? most people are getting kicked so fast that there are no  bugs to report at this time :P

• Like 1

gg hicks - created a bunch of hungry DayZ players... waiting for experimental  B)

• Like 1