lakweeta12

Uhm, what happened?

How do I play this game now..?

I go into a house, and because zombies run at 100 mph, there's 10 there. They break my leg and I "die". So............. When is their run speed going to get nerfed?

Hopefully never, and if it is, only by a tad. They're easy enough as it is.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Hopefully never, and if it is, only by a tad. They're easy enough as it is.

As a fresh spawn? they most certainly are not. I can barely loot a can of beans before I die.

I go into a house, and because zombies run at 100 mph, there's 10 there. They break my leg and I "die". So............. When is their run speed going to get nerfed?

I suggest getting Creative... Smash and grab Looting unless you have a means to dispose of zombies is not a good option. have yet to die to a zed as a fresh spawn it is still easily possible to survive your first half hour or so.

As a fresh spawn? they most certainly are not. I can barely loot a can of beans before I die.

WEll then sneak around? or just always run then get in a house, look for an axe, get out and run until you have a weapon?

• Like 2

As a fresh spawn yes they are. Its always good to scout a town out for a few seconds before entering. Never enter high loot areas WITHOUT at least a melee. They are easy just aim for the head in FPS mode.

So don't go running after a can of beans right off. Don't put yourself in a situation where you might have to fight more than one zed (one is easily dealt with by punching). If you do alert zeds, run away and keep running and try to put obstacles between you. Use the AI's weakness to your advantage, path-finding and agility. Try and find apples and berry bushes to eliminate your hunger if the civilized areas near you have zeds, don't try to get energized or full, just not hungry while you search for a melee weapon. After this, just don't take stupid risks and soon (when you have more than two rags is a good rule of thumb) you'll be able to risk a bleeding injury to loot more developed areas with more zombies. Alternately you could try to go to Novo right off in the north, there are no zombies there, forage along the way.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

So don't go running after a can of beans right off. Don't put yourself in a situation where you might have to fight more than one zed (one is easily dealt with by punching). If you do alert zeds, run away and keep running and try to put obstacles between you. Use the AI's weakness to your advantage, path-finding and agility. Try and find apples and berry bushes to eliminate your hunger if the civilized areas near you have zeds, don't try to get energized or full, just not hungry while you search for a melee weapon. After this, just don't take stupid risks and soon (when you have more than two rags is a good rule of thumb) you'll be able to risk a bleeding injury to loot more developed areas with more zombies. Alternately you could try to go to Novo right off in the north, there are no zombies there, forage along the way.

I'll try this... However it's concerning when you're running and all you see is "My stomach grumbles" "my stomach grumbled violently"... Run until I die and hope I find food? :

EDIT: Can Zeds detect you more when you run rather then when you walk/sneak?

Edited by lakweeta12

I'll try this... However it's concerning when you're running and all you see is "My stomach grumbles" "my stomach grumbled violently"... Run until I die and hope I find food? :

EDIT: Can Zeds detect you more when you run rather then when you walk/sneak?

Yeah, I know what you mean. If you notice deer stands and such on the periphery of towns, they usually have berries near them and are often far enough from zombie patrol to give you the peace needed to take care of that stomach grumbling. I think Zeds detect you more easily when moving fast but that could just be my expecting it to be so and confirmation bias, I can't confirm one way or the other.

Its not really clear to me what you're experiencing based on the OP.

I don't think they run 100 MPH. Hopper zombies are faster, but once they catch up to you, they move a standard rate and are easy to dispose of if you practice a little.

I don't know what game you're playing, because it doesn't sound right. I can outrun zombies easily, because they give up after a couple hundred yards. Stand around, and expect problems.

I haven't seen 10 zombies (although I wish  did) in a group. 

I think you're exaggerating, and I don't understand the purpose of this post. I'm curious to know.

• Like 1

1.st rule of days...do go for the food as a bambie...find a weapon so u can stop being a bambie

• Like 1

I spawned in a town, I found a backpack (30 slot I think) a shotgun! food, tons of pepsis. However.. I jumped off a small ledge and I died instantly. I think I'll wait for the game to be out of Alpha! Thanks for the replies guys! :-)

Alternately you could try to go to Novo right off in the north, there are no zombies there, forage along the way.

I was there yesterday and noticed no zombies; I thought it was a fluke or something. So there's really never any zombie there?

I was there yesterday and noticed no zombies; I thought it was a fluke or something. So there's really never any zombie there?

No zombies spawn in Novo (or other new villiages for that matter).

Edited by haknslash

sorry OP but you need to learn to play, and more about the glitches, in this game a fall will kill ya and doesnt have to be too high for that. Dont just sprint everywhere, i notice that if i am coming crouched and yet running into a town or location i barely get any aggro unless when i turn a corner and there is one there or one one spawns on a open and i am within line of sight. So nope sorry in this case you cant blame on it being alpha.

• Like 1

sorry OP but you need to learn to play, and more about the glitches, in this game a fall will kill ya and doesnt have to be too high for that. Dont just sprint everywhere, i notice that if i am coming crouched and yet running into a town or location i barely get any aggro unless when i turn a corner and there is one there or one one spawns on a open and i am within line of sight. So nope sorry in this case you cant blame on it being alpha.

Uhm yes I fucking can. On the DayZ mod I had NO problems. Yet on the SA... When I fall from a kiddy pool height I die? lol Kay.

Whatever you're describing is either a bug I've never experienced nor seen discussed, or you're blowing this way out of proportion and didn't double tap W to run fast, OR you're not playing DayZ Standalone and messing with the mod. There are no zeds in SA that run anywhere near that fast nor that swarm that big... yet. Are you new to the game? There's tutorials we can link you to that might help with strategy on how to deal with the zeds, it's all strategy... you can't beat them via force, it's tactics and understanding how stupid they are coupled with dealing with a hitbox alignment bug (best way to describe it???) that renders them a non-issue. But when I say "non-issue" that's only if you understand the mechanics of how they work and how to deal with them, if you stand there toe to toe and try to fight them or try to run without running FAST you'll get big P PWNED each time.

Everyone has this same problem, there is no way escape zombies, if one agros on you might as well just stand there and let them kill you.

• Like 1

I spawned in a town, I found a backpack (30 slot I think) a shotgun! food, tons of pepsis. However.. I jumped off a small ledge and I died instantly. I think I'll wait for the game to be out of Alpha! Thanks for the replies guys! :-)

I couldn't sit here and read this Rediculous thread without commenting. So 40 mins after you're initial post of whining about how zombies are hard and you can't get beans, you're all of a sudden geared to the teeth and whining about falling and dieing and crying for a nerf to zombies.

If you played the mod at all you would know that practically everything killed you, from walking on rocks, logging out under trees, walking through door ways with someone and hundreds more. You've either been home schooled or are as you're name suggests, 12 years old - Laqueesha or what ever.

Clearly the game is being designed to move new spawns from city locations and out into the wilds to forage for berries and apples or craft one of the many items available such as backpacks, fishing rods, bows etc. Try moving from a big city or town to somewhere a little more remote such as a barn or warehouse. If you're truly having trouble with the most basic of functions in this game, I would suggest giving candy crush or farmville a go, those might be more appropriate.

Peace! And stop with all these severly retarded threads

• Like 2

I couldn't sit here and read this Rediculous thread without commenting. So 40 mins after you're initial post of whining about how zombies are hard and you can't get beans, you're all of a sudden geared to the teeth and whining about falling and dieing and crying for a nerf to zombies.

If you played the mod at all you would know that practically everything killed you, from walking on rocks, logging out under trees, walking through door ways with someone and hundreds more. You've either been home schooled or are as you're name suggests, 12 years old - Laqueesha or what ever.

Clearly the game is being designed to move new spawns from city locations and out into the wilds to forage for berries and apples or craft one of the many items available such as backpacks, fishing rods, bows etc. Try moving from a big city or town to somewhere a little more remote such as a barn or warehouse. If you're truly having trouble with the most basic of functions in this game, I would suggest giving candy crush or farmville a go, those might be more appropriate.

Peace! And stop with all these severly retarded threads

Takes a retard to know one, you asshat.

I started out on the DayZ mod with friends. I had NO problem whatsoever finding supplies in the initial spawn point which you could select.

Now, all of the sudden, on the SA version. I die from falling from a height no bigger than my fucking computer desk.

I NEVER died in the mod. Zombies would NEVER chase me, they BARELY ran as fast as me.

Are you playing the same game? You talk all of this shit and tell ME to play Farmville or Candy Crush? Surely you're a genius at those games, for suggesting them?

Fuck off.

and LOL at the misspelled "ridiculous" as if I'm going to take advice from an inbred, non-educated piece of garbage. Go back to the Hello Kitty forums. Thanks! <3

EDIT: also, "dieing" Perhaps instead of suggesting me to play games appropriate for 10 year olds. Perhaps YOU should try them yourself. Hopefully no one is DYING in those games. Fucking retard.

Edited by lakweeta12

They easy hell i dont care that they chase me and swarm me i love it when they are difficult what i do HATE is the fact you kill one and the damn thing respawns and keeps aggroing they should be made where you can clear them out then loot not insta fraking respawn and attack lol.

Takes a retard to know one, you asshat.

I started out on the DayZ mod with friends. I had NO problem whatsoever finding supplies in the initial spawn point which you could select.

Now, all of the sudden, on the SA version. I die from falling from a height no bigger than my fucking computer desk.

I NEVER died in the mod. Zombies would NEVER chase me, they BARELY ran as fast as me.

Are you playing the same game? You talk all of this shit and tell ME to play Farmville or Candy Crush? Surely you're a genius at those games, for suggesting them?

Fuck off.

and LOL at the misspelled "ridiculous" as if I'm going to take advice from an inbred, non-educated piece of garbage. Go back to the Hello Kitty forums. Thanks! <3

EDIT: also, "dieing" Perhaps instead of suggesting me to play games appropriate for 10 year olds. Perhaps YOU should try them yourself. Hopefully no one is DYING in those games. Fucking retard.

Lol um what mod did you freaking play? I dont know how many times ive broken legs and died from going up and down hills and stairs lol.

• Like 1

Lol um what mod did you freaking play? I dont know how many times ive broken legs and died from going up and down hills and stairs lol.

The only time I EVER broke my legs was falling from a realistic height. Not falling from a computer desk height and instantly "dying"

What happened (and what has been happening, what is still happening, and what will continue to happen for some time yet) is the developers modified some of the game mechanics in an effort to find the optimal settings; this includes modifying zombies mechanics such as run speed, strength, etc., as well as determining what the minimum fall height should be to take damage, break your leg, etc. These are things that occur in every game that is developed; the difference is, most games you don't have the opportunity to play it until after it's finished being developed, whereas here, you're experiencing all of the bugs, mistakes, errors, etc. that occur in the early stages of a games development before they're ultimately fixed. The game isn't even in Beta yet, so there are going to be things that shouldn't happen and that make no sense; in fact, there's a message saying almost exactly that that you are required to acknowledge before you can even play the fucking game. So it's not as if you aren't being warned; if you choose to ignore that warning, that's on you. But everything should be expected, especially the unexpected.

Edited by Mancomb
  • Like 1

Z's can be outrun very easily. just takes some effort... not even effort just zig zag. when they change direction to follow your path they pause for just a moment... each time they pause it puts then further behind you till they give up

food and weapons are easy to find also, even on high pop looted servers... you don't HAVE to have a fire axe, mountain pack and m4 to survive.

also.. don't fall off ledges, pause on stairways or use a ladder with something in your hands

Edited by SkyPig