DemonGroover

Status Report - Week of 25 August 14

Wounder what this SPOSN backpack is going to look like?! :o

sso_tortila_03.jpg

• Like 2

sso_tortila_03.jpg

OMG THAT THING IS AMAZING!! :o

Lol thanks for the picture! :D

I don't know guys....i have so many questions still.....

I mean sure,we get horticulture,but food is so abudant that i find it quite unnecesserary.

We have bear models in the game files is there any progress on aggressive animals?

Also what about non-leathal weapons?

Did they manage to fix the bug that makes you throw your weapon?

Is hacking beign adressed (security fix)?

Does the weather affect the survivor's temperature or his items only?

1: Balance for everything including food will be dealt with in detail once we enter Beta.

2: I would imagine that aggressive animals are not a priority for immediate implementation.

3: Non-lethal weapons have been discussed at length and from what I gather in the OP they are now beginning the process of making the graphical models for these items.

4: No mention of weapon throwing bug does not mean it hasn't been addressed or at least not looked into. I would look for mention of this in the final 0.49 changelog.

5: Hacking is always being addressed.... eh, was that even a real question?

6: Weather will effect your character for sure. You will get sick and die from exposure if you do not have rain gear or seek, dry, warm shelter when the weather turns ugly. We may see wet weather ruining items if you get soaked through.

***I for one would like to suggest RAINCOVERS for backpacks and improvised raincovers/rain coats that would come from garbage bags or tarps (I keep forgetting to post this). I use one for all weather cycling (a raincover) and the worn one I have still repels A LOT of water.

Last night I crashed my new bike and got blood on my raincover, I'm hoping it stains as a reminder.

Looks like a zombie took a swipe at me while I was riding my bike!

Gpenn5P.jpg

• Like 3

I wanna see a modern sniper.. Kind of tired of the mosin wich is not really a sniper to begin with?

So the rain is the new Bambi killer :D

RAK is going to be spawning hopefully??

If only hit detection with weapons could be fixed. But I'm betting server desync plays a large role in that.

I can't wait for 64 bit servers

great, can't wait to murder  MASKA/balaclava/gorka uniform Spetnaz roleplayers with my Flatcap, wellies and Rossi  ;)

• Like 2

I wanna see a modern sniper.. Kind of tired of the mosin wich is not really a sniper to begin with?

You could have also said: "I wanna see more KoS-sniping on longer ranges and less player-interaction"

Scubaman/ChrisTorchia already said, that they will not implement a "modern" sniperrifle anytime soon, because this would mess up the in-game-weapon-balance quite heavily.

A modern(& also more powerful) sniperrifle would encourage to kill-on-sight from longer ranges than it already is. Also it would not not encourage player-interaction :)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 3

You could have also said: "I wanna see more KoS-sniping on longer ranges and less player-interaction"

Scubaman/ChrisTorchia already said, that they will not implement a "modern" sniperrifle anytime soon, because this would mess up the in-game-weapon-balance quite heavily.

A modern(& also more powerful) sniperrifle would encourage to kill-on-sight from longer ranges than it already is. Also it would not not encourage player-interaction :)

This game definetly needs more long range player interaction! SCUT for the win!

320px-Scud_Launcher.jpg

• Like 3

Really excited about the new melee system. Hopefully the damage values have been adjusted so that it's actually an advantage to hit hit someone with a hammer or crowbar, for example, over with bare fists?

Also, not sure what the hell this sentence is supposed to mean:

there's no way to miss your target unless you are too far away or have something with eyes.

This game definetly needs more long range player interaction! SCUT for the win!

320px-Scud_Launcher.jpg

I see your SCUT, I raise the "schwerer Gustav"

6686003633_b2b4bb5513_z.jpgSchwerer-Gustav.jpg

Hell, it's even mounted on 1-2 rails for the "easy use on the move" ;)

• Like 1

Really excited about the new melee system. Hopefully the damage values have been adjusted so that it's actually an advantage to hit hit someone with a hammer or crowbar, for example, over with bare fists?

Also, not sure what the hell this sentence is supposed to mean:

So it hasn't come up for me yet but does a hit to the head from a hammer actually do less than a punch to the head against players? The hammer is one of my favorite anti-zed quick draw weapons.

Edited by Ebrim

So it hasn't come up for me yet but does a hit to the head from a hammer actually do less than a punch to the head against players? The hammer is one of my favorite anti-zed quick draw weapons.

I'm not sure what the absolute damage values are - I wouldn't know where to look, even.

But I know from experience that fists knock over a zombie in one hit to the head, whereas other weapons, barring the axe, don't.

Edited by Pillock

LOL at all the character wipe drama.

Where?

Glad something significant to differentiate itself from the mod is incoming.

Edited by Kebbs

Where?

Glad something significant to differentiate itself from the mod is incoming.

All the people panicking on reddit and here about the wipe? All the people who "quit playing". Etc.

• Like 1

All the people panicking on reddit and here about the wipe? All the people who "quit playing". Etc.

Lol.  I hope they figure out that losing your character is part of the game.

• Like 1

It has been stated previously, numerous times, that the Dev's will not comment on what actions are being taken to reduce and/or eliminate said hacks.  Not quite sure why you continue to press the subject when said information could circumvent the protocols that are to be reinforced.  Move on already!

same question other user... so wheres the problem with my post?

i am on topic... and ask again:

- what have u done against the latest cheats aand hacks...

common...

Well, there are some players who have kept their characters alive for a very long time by avoiding encounters with other players.   I imagine having to lose their character is a serious issue, especially considering how well they have done staying alive.

Well, there are some players who have kept their characters alive for a very long time by avoiding encounters with other players.   I imagine having to lose their character is a serious issue, especially considering how well they have done staying alive.

Number one rule of DayZ, regardless of your playstyle, is to never get attached to your gear.

The tears of the anti-socials will be the most delicious.

• Like 1

That gear never belonged to them...

It always belonged to Chernarus.

Good work devs! Looking forward to this update. Is the RAk going to be in game now?

Not sure if you ever got your answer, but the RAK is already in game you can see WOBOs video on it here 

Fantastic work! Really looking forward to these changes and additions! It also looks like the first vehicle we'll get will be a horse, even though they're already implementing vehicle parts recovery and management. We won't be seeing horses in 0.49 but still, very nice!!

They can go cry a river. This is an alpha, and even if servers were wiped each week, it would be perfectly fine.

Bottom line is, this is not your usual MMORPG where you have to level up and shit, which can take months. Here, you run to nearest town and just loot stuff. What the fuck is up with this wipe hystery?