Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

The Repeater

BwCcVjAIQAA4DT5.jpg

This was posted up on a developer tracker. It looks sweet and i cant wait to try it when it pops up!

What ammo do you guys think it will use since its a western style gun?

irishroy must be really happy now that he finally got his beloved lever rifle. ;)

Im actually happy to see it pop up as well. Its a rather iconic lever gun. Looks allot like a winchester im just curious on the ammo type which has gotta be anywhere around Mosin lvl at least.

.357 Magnum - at least thats what the offcial statements say (as well as this list). Now the official statements also said the CZ527 would be 5.56mm NATO...

Now the official statements also said the CZ527 would be 5.56mm NATO...

Lol we all know how that worked out. Still i would not count the CZ rifle out just yet. Once it gets its scope im sure it will be a more trust worthy weapon.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Its 357mag...already shoots in game. Just waiting for the animations/sounds to be made.

• Like 4

Im really liking the weathered look of the gun as well. Really fits in well with the Dayz scenery. I think one of my favorite guns in the mod was the Winchester Rifle.

Its 357mag...already shoots in game. Just waiting for the animations/sounds to be made.

Sounds good to me. 357 needs some more love anyways.

Still i would not count the CZ rifle out just yet.

I think it will find its place. But right now its like a weaker and rarer Mosin that requires additional effort (finding a magazine) and cannot take any attachments. It also has the disadvantage of sharing ammo with the currently best weapon ingame (AKM) that also happens to be quite common (found mine ~10 minutes after respawning), has more common and bigger magazines and is just plain better than the CR527.

The repeater on the other side will probably feature a tubular magazine and (if chambered in .357 Magnum) only compete with the revolver. So I expect it to fill a similar role as a practical low/mid tier weapon probably in a role somewhere between Mosin and SKS.

I think it will find its place. But right now its like a weaker and rarer Mosin that requires additional effort (finding a magazine) and cannot take any attachments. It also has the disadvantage of sharing ammo with the currently best weapon ingame (AKM) that also happens to be quite common (found mine ~10 minutes after respawning), has more common and bigger magazines and is just plain better than the CR527.

But if i was understanding correctly the mosin will eventually get its long range scope nerfed and taken off or at least that is what everyone has been talking about recently. So that and once other rifle gets its scope should be a better choice once loot gets reorganized. Cause im sure guns like the AKM are going to be much harder to find once they sort things out.

Also iv always liked the.357  Magnum revolver. Its just one of those "GO TO" weapons that you don't need a magazine for. Thats the BIG plus of that gun anyways.

Edited by Deathlove

But if i was understanding correctly the mosin will eventually get its long range scope nerfed and taken off or at least that is what everyone has been talking about recently. So that and once other rifle gets its scope should be a better choice once loot gets reorganized. Cause im sure guns like the AKM are going to be much harder to find once they sort things out.

Also iv always liked the.357  Magnum revolver. Its just one of those "GO TO" weapons that you don't need a magazine for. Thats the BIG plus of that gun anyways.

It will most likely but probably not until we have atleast the dragunov in or some other more modern bolt action

It will most likely but probably not until we have atleast the dragunov in or some other more modern bolt action

True but the Dragunov i would imagine would use the PSO 1 scope more than long range.

Edited by Deathlove